Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mick james

To U2, U2.com Management and Moderators etc

Elaine1202

The technical issues are the biggest irritation for me and offer no value for time spent let alone money.

Two questions:

How is this not a petition?

Why would free "members" expect anything?

Two questions:

1. it is thats why Mick asked for names.

2. because they are just as much a part of this community as those of us who pay.

Hendosu2-----first time I've not renewed my subs and I go back to the U2 info days your posts just sum up what a lot of fans feel right now

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

RedHill']Two questions:

2. because they are just as much a part of this community as those of us who pay.

But he says specifically it's not a petition...it sure feels like one though.

And I think if you haven't paid, you shouldn't expect anything.  The old saying, "you get what you paid for".

Just saying........

[quote name='RedHill wrote:

basher1 wrote:

RedHill']Two questions:

But he says specifically it's not a petition...it sure feels like one though.

And I think if you haven't paid, you shouldn't expect anything.  The old saying, "you get what you paid for".

Just saying........

Hello, I personally feel that petitons are of a demanding nature -  demanding action on a cause etc.  I was just trying to be respectful and just show the names who agreed with original post, and are simply asking for some kind of acknowledgement that these concerns have been noted.

I posted a version in the free side to give those former members who may have let thier subscription lapse the chance to put their name on, and to give those free members who come here regularly and may not be able to afford the fee the chance to have some input.

I also quite clearly and respectfully asked for questions/post like yours to be put in the other thread.

Adding my name here!

Bonome .

(ex long standing paid member who chose to let membership lapse due to not receiving value for money.)

Hmmmm.... so this thread/petition died a death then?

If there is a similar one on the paid/subscriber side - I can't get to it now - so please add my name if you feel it is relevant to do so ans will help in any way!

Hmmmm.... so this thread/petition died a death then?

If there is a similar one on the paid/subscriber side - I can't get to it now - so please add my name if you feel it is relevant to do so ans will help in any way!

No, it's not dead.  The OP, Mick James, was asked to consolidate all the suggestions, complaints, etc. so that it could be sent to the site owners.  He also listed all those that signed and your name is included.

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

bonome']Hmmmm.... so this thread/petition died a death then?

No, it's not dead.  The OP, Mick James, was asked to consolidate all the suggestions, complaints, etc. so that it could be sent to the site owners.  He also listed all those that signed and your name is included.

That's great!!  I truly hope it is listened to and acted upon.  Many thanks to Mick for all he is doing and for ensuring my name is there too.  Big thanks to you Nancy for updating me - much appreciated.

Thanks Nance!

One more name and we hit the 100!

The full list is posted in the subs side.

Again, this is not anti-U2 by any means, it's just a show of who is interested in having many of the unresolved tech issues of the web-site sorted out.

A big thanks to the 99 who've signed, and the list is being sent on to Principle.

It may not be worth anything, but you can't say we just sat here and moaned without at least trying to do something about it.

Thanks to all who have shown interest and support.

Cheers

Mick

Hey, Mick you can add my name too. I continue to love U2 and love their music, but I think this site could use a little ironing out!!!

Hey, Mick you can add my name too. I continue to love U2 and love their music, but I think this site could use a little ironing out!!!

Mate, that's awesome! You get to be the 100th member!

Again, nothing to do with our passion for our favourite band, we just want U2.com to be the premier place to come and follow the band we love!

Adding your name, 100, Janette B

Thanks mate.

*From the members side - full list of 100 names

Dear U2, Site Management, Moderators and anyone else involved in the running of the fan-club.

As you may or may not be aware,

there has been much discussion and concern by many members in the last short while,

over the perceived value of the membership package of U2.com, the technical maintenance of the site and also the U2 Shop attached to this site.

These concerns have been raised by many in several other threads on this forum.

The points that are most commonly raised by the members in these threads are:

* There has been many technical issues with the site since the upgrade from the old Vertigo site to the new one. Many people have had great difficulty logging in and navigating the site properly - ie links take you to the wrong page or they simply cannot access the paid site at all. Many paying members no longer use this site for these reasons specifically.

* Many members have noted that the supplied U2.com email account is problematic or completely non functional. It is also known that most if not all cannot delete any old emails from their U2.com account, resulting in an in-box filled with hundreds/thousands of old, unwanted emails.

* Many members have posted requests for technical help in the Tech Support folder, without receiving any response, or response after a very long time

* The subscriber fee has been increased to US$50, without many of these technical issues being addressed. Several members have also stated that they have been unable to recieve the discounted rate for a second year of membership

* Several members have noted that yearly subscriber gifts have been delivered long after the promised delivery time or not at all

* The subscriber gift this year "Artificial Horizon", was promised to be "exclusive". It is now available to purchase by the public on this website, as a Deluxe Vinyl set. Many feel that the subscriber gift is no longer exclusive, as advertised, and are quite upset by this.

* Several Subscriber gifts over the past years have simply been audio versions of the most recent U2 DVD or compilations of previously released material. Many subscribers feel this is something that could be easily rectified, with some unreleased live or studio material.

* The included U2 Shop.com 25% discount cannot be used for the purchase of the new Artificial Horizon set and noted more recently, cannot be used for the purchase of the new U2 360 Live At The Rosebowl DVD/Blu-Ray. These are the two items most likely to be purchased by subscribers.

* The lack of U2 related news on this official site. It is very common to find most U2 related news on atu2.com or interference.com well before it appears here. We understand this is a place for "official" news, but the recent passing of Adam Clayton's 50th birthday without a mention on the official site is a prime example. Bono's recent trip to Africa was also mentioned in detail on most U2 fan sites and not mentioned at all on U2.com.

* Many subscribers do not receive the monthly U2.com update email.

* Many subscribers feel that the exclusive coverage of the tour was very basic, and not nearly as detailed as many other U2 sites. Again we understand that this is the "official" site, and news has to relate to that fact, but all that was offered during the 2009 tour was the occasional photo or short video clip. It was left up to the fans in the forum to create a thread for each show, and provide live coverage. Adam Clayton's short videos for the site and the tour countdown were much liked, but that style of content appears very rarely.

* Many subscribers are upset by the fact that content that should be included as part of the subscriber package appears on other sites for free. The Edges twitter feed/photos is the exact style of content many would love to see on this site. The global Youtube broadcast is another example. It took many requests by subscribers to see the show rebroadcast on this site after the show. It is also no longer available on the site.

All we ask as some of your most dedicated and passionate members, is some kind of acknowledgement of these issues by someone involved in running this site.

We would like to think, that as fully paid members of this site that we have some kind of voice and that it will be heard by management, the moderators or the band themselves.

Of course we ask this respectfully, and this is a log of those who would appreciate a response.

The following U2.com Subscribers request some form of acknowledgement of the issues stated.

1. Jake99

2. Basher1

3. Bacadorina

4. VALIS

5. MacFoley

6. Ceallach67

7. Claire T

8. Panth

9. Nancy_Hanks

10. Leonie

11. Davyu2

12. Aussiegirl

13. Matt_u2

14. Min

15. GeorgiaGirl

16. Ms Lois

17. Gibbo1968

18. Kimbrly836

19. Shannon387

20. Servo

21. Celticfc09

22. Sugrue

23. Kings

24. Bonosbaby

25. Carol8

26. Kennyu272

27. Pasi

28. Monica Martino

29. Kristaps

30. Utwothefly

31. Electicco

32. North Bowman

33. Badgirl56

34. Pao6cs

35. Surrenders

36. Albyu2

37. Suziem

38. Oswaldo_s

39. Chichard41

40. Mich40

41. Johnstaf

42. Clapton Is God

43. Norty

44. Barbara1

45. Bonny_steph

46. Jets FC

47. Ivoryhunter

48. Tracy C

49. BigBunny

50. Cassie

51. SW01

52. Shamrockcafe

53. Dennyjnr

54. Clare74

55. Cathkel

56. Petermulln

57. Razspazz

58. Lemonhead

59. Sarah Desiree

60. Ellie23

61. Canada06

62. Moniy999

63. Erika10021

64. NancyW

65. Jastsonis

66. MichielovesU2

67. Scout6

68. Redandwhitepebble

69. Rileyrat

70. Lorijane

71. Thegrockinthefrock

72. Bloodyday7

73. Bogirl

74. Irasistable

75. SoniaLaStrega

76. Barbies

77. Joshua84

78. Trish

79. U2mom

80. Ragoo

81. Musicfan

82. Zhivvy

83. Dominic & Jill

84. Jbarnych

85. Max Tsukino

86. Ldelgado

87. McNeany

88. Elaine1202

89. Hendosu2

90. Bonome

91. MyoriginalU2name

92. Joshthetree

93. Pal40

94. L269

95. Bonosrosary71

96. J3Davis

97. youngmanu2

98. Addy John

99. LastRockStars

100. Janette B

Yours Faithfully

Mick James.

Sydney, Australia.

Nice one Mick - thanks for posting it over here too! I sincerely hope we see some improvements and resolution to the concerns you have respectfully raised on behalf of all of us who signed.

Once I see that the "official" fansite can provide value for money to paid subscribers; I'll be happy to resubscribe and reinstate my long term membership of the Zoo. :)