Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mick james

To U2, U2.com Management and Moderators etc

i am fed up with this site now paid up member from 1984. they messed up my membership ,given codes for wrong section, no joy on phones the 5 times i phoned them, no renewly gift this year, i give up on this site, i love u2 as much as ever, put its over priced in these times for what you get,

joe

So ...... any news of a new, improved Zoo yet?  Anything different on the subscribers side?  I've not visited for ages and enquiring minds would like to know if there have yet been any of the changes we were promised please......and....thank you.

ps...Mick - congrats on your new arrival happy.gif

Bonohood. Hope it´s not too late.

I think active members should be counted 100 times and that the initial post could be translated in all active languages on this site. 

Sorry, but I must take this chance to also say I think it would be fairer if the International Forum was free.

so, it has been what? several months since they acknowledged this and promised improvements? yet all that changed was the twitter feed that just slows down the site...?

hey maybe this post is actually doing something love to see the new set changes and see when they do a song like EVERY BREAKING WAVE.... this just proves that they can , add , change , most anything despite the massive programing/360/effects....keep em coming boys....

ey Bigwave I love what you've done with the place, its got htat whole half down, broken feeling to it.

Are we updating the site?

whats with the white background? is it the new black?

lots of peeps will be happy, but i think the black had more cachet...... not complaining, i'll just wait and see what happends next. (i can be member of the 'i prefered the old zoo'-club too now! wow!! finally i'm not a newby anymore!)tongue.gif

The black background never bothered me, it was just limiting with using other font colors when you want to. I wish there was a drop down menu to choose your own skin from 3 or 4 for the site.

ey Bigwave I love what you've done with the place, its got htat whole half down, broken feeling to it.

lol - if only one had such mystical powers to be able to decide on what things look like here. Unfortunately we only get to suggest and comment and highlight issues here, which is an ongoing work in progress.

Forums seem to be 'best viewed in Firefox', but still in need of some tweaks from the technical humans is my opinion.

[quote name='bigwave wrote:

Panth']ey Bigwave I love what you've done with the place, its got htat whole half down, broken feeling to it.

lol - if only one had such mystical powers to be able to decide on what things look like here. Unfortunately we only get to suggest and comment and highlight issues here, which is an ongoing work in progress.

Forums seem to be 'best viewed in Firefox', but still in need of some tweaks from the technical humans is my opinion.

Good point. 

But one that could all be saved by the boffins using a decent message board software. With decent search capabilities. With coherent quicklinks. 

This was built by work experience kids from the school for the blind unfortunately. 

"um, no offence"

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

bigwave wrote:

Panth']

Good point. 

But one that could all be saved by the boffins using a decent message board software. With decent search capabilities. With coherent quicklinks. 

This was built by work experience kids from the school for the blind unfortunately. 

"um, no offence"

No offence taken BH. The message boards are built on the Yuku platform actually, which is now Kickapps-owned. My thoughts are that the problems we have seen here, and getting all the functionality working properly that is available on this platform is because the database from the previous message board and membership system has not been an easy integration.

If it had been the case that from day 1 of the latest incarnation of community.u2.com started from zero membership and everyone had to re-register, then a lot of the issues would not have happened (maybe ;).

(Well, on thinking about that, everyone DID have to re-register in a manner of speaking, but what i mean is all of the details of members who were registered at the old u2.com had to be moved across to sustain their accounts..... I can see where complications and errors have arisen from by doing things that way, but there would have been uproar had this not been at least attempted).

If you do a google on Yuku and kickapps there are many message boards discussing the bugs, and latest updates etc. that are inherent on this platform, and anyone who subscribes to a message board that uses their systems is able to comment, make suggestions etc, so that might, in time, help things along, if enough of us become pro-active...

In the meantime though, we work with the tools we have, so if there are any specific things (you mention 'decent search capabilities'), then please do post as detailed as possible issues and suggestions in the Feedback forum, or in this thread, and we can forward on to the technical machine elves... they do like very specific details :)

Thank you Big Wave,thumbsup.gif who actually does decide what things look like around here or are you not privvy to that information?

Thank you Big Wave,thumbsup.gif who actually does decide what things look like around here or are you not privvy to that information?
The site designers are Signature Networks / Live Nation, in conjunction with U2 management folk, Shirley.