Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

When I’m down or stressed I always find cooking helps liftmy mood especially cooking for others and seeing them enjoy the nosh.

Does anyone else have any mood lifters to share?

I visit Mr. Guinness

hahaha!! its mr bordeaux over here...wink.gif

i put on a cd and sing along very loud! cheers me up every timehappy.gif... but don ask bout my poor housemateseyes.gif

nothing that i can describe on here it's a family show......lol.

Play my drumkit.

Play my drumkit.

you drum? ....you do know the drummer is the coolest one of the band wink.gif ? (what you say? you knew and thats the reason you started drumming? i see...)

Play my drumkit.

drumming makes you happy? can you play stuff like moby dick from led zepplin?

lol....what are you pair like...

i learned to play when i was ay secondary school but the stopped when i left (a long time ago) Christmas 2008 my wife asked wwhat i would like and i jokingly said a drumkit she actually let me get one....it's electronic so i don't disturb the neighbours with it.

fave stuff to play....Simple Minds (Mel Gaynors a genius) some AC/DC Some u2 and various other stuff it's great for getting rid of anger or tension as well.

and as a boring aside it has also been proven to help mental states Clem Burke from Blondie done all these tests for some University or something.

I like to bake too.

Or walk on the chase (near to me) on nice days and look for deer

I like to listen to music and sing my heart out (only when i am alone)

Read and get lost in a great book

Watch a feel good movie - cheesier the better

Play dress up with my daughter

Cuddle the cat or the husband - which ever is the closest to me at the time!

I used to play in a band too which made me feel great. But not a cool rock band or even the drums like basher. I used to play the cornet in a brass band! Not cool but loved it!

Come to the Zoo to talk to all of you!

If i have saved up I go to Manchester and spend money on make up THAT always makes me happy

Really enjoying reading your posts, the drumming is interesting didn't know Clem from Blondie had done that. I wish I'd pursued playing a musical instrument, I used to love learning music. Every year I tell myself I'm going to learn to play piano but never book lessons, really ought to do it, it sounds like a really good way to just let go and be in a moment

I like to bake too.

I used to play in a band too which made me feel great. But not a cool rock band or even the drums like basher. I used to play the cornet in a brass band! Not cool but loved it!

I used to go to Cannock Chase looking for deer with my ex! He lived there so we usually took his mum's dog for a walk on the Chase (once almost lost said dog too, it took us ages to find him amid all that growth!). Sometimes there's nothing I like more than to go out in the garden and sit with my peaceful soul of a cat cuddled up beside me while I sip a cuppa in  the fresh air, silence apart from birds-a-tweeting....makes me sigh just thinking about it, it's so peaceful.

wink.gifeat lots of chocolate,yummy,be outside sorting my little bit of garden,and make a fuss of my cat.

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

Zhivvy']I like to bake too.

I used to go to Cannock Chase looking for deer with my ex! He lived there so we usually took his mum's dog for a walk on the Chase (once almost lost said dog too, it took us ages to find him amid all that growth!). Sometimes there's nothing I like more than to go out in the garden and sit with my peaceful soul of a cat cuddled up beside me while I sip a cuppa in  the fresh air, silence apart from birds-a-tweeting....makes me sigh just thinking about it, it's so peaceful.

There's still lots of deer and if we're lucky we get to see a fox or two as well (plus the rabbits etc...)

I live in Stafford so only ten minutes in the car. It is a great place

wink.gifeat lots of chocolate,yummy,be outside sorting my little bit of garden,and make a fuss of my cat.

Can't beat a cat to make you smile can you?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

caz63']
wink.gif
eat lots of chocolate,yummy,be outside sorting my little bit of garden,and make a fuss of my cat.

sometimes it helps wink.gif

[quote name='screamingflowr wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

caz63']
wink.gif
eat lots of chocolate,yummy,be outside sorting my little bit of garden,and make a fuss of my cat.

sometimes it helps wink.gif

bought any new and cool ones you love, lately?

welll..I did buy a great pair of boots.

Knee high, black, mostly leather.

They have some sort of removable hardware at the ankle that I'll switch out with chains.

had been eyeing them every few months when I'm in that area of the city and on the last trip as luck would have it they were having their once a year sale !!

all boots 80% off.

they were the only purchase of the day and made me feel great.Finding a good sale is something that can cheer me up.

My other favorite shop is a few blocks away but since I didn't go in this will remain a clean post.

I hope you're feeling much better and not having another bout of insomnia tonight.

Loved your pics on the carryeachother thread..beautiful way to start the morning.

I'm off to bed now..have a Dr's appt in the morning.

get some rest!!

xoxox

welll..I did buy a great pair of boots.

Knee high, black, mostly leather.

They have some sort of removable hardware at the ankle that I'll switch out with chains.

had been eyeing them every few months when I'm in that area of the city and on the last trip as luck would have it they were having their once a year sale !!

all boots 80% off.

they were the only purchase of the day and made me feel great.Finding a good sale is something that can cheer me up.

My other favorite shop is a few blocks away but since I didn't go in this will remain a clean post.

I hope you're feeling much better and not having another bout of insomnia tonight.

Loved your pics on the carryeachother thread..beautiful way to start the morning.

I'm off to bed now..have a Dr's appt in the morning.

get some rest!!

xoxox

awhhh yes that sounds good, boot therapy, love buying boots - often stroke mine when they're new but that's just getting a bit weird and probably too much informationroll.gifroll.gif

Not weird at all.

In fact.. while at the store I felt up every inch of several pair.

Others were doing the same.

Perhaps it was a kinky store and I'm just so used to public groping of clothing and the like that I hadn't noticed anything peculiar.

Boots are made for groping. It would be abnormal to treat them like errrr sneakers for instance.

What I usually do, is go upstairs and open up the costume drawer, take out a batman, spiderman or darth vader outfit, put it on, go downstairs and play the theme tune to Sesame Street and dance my ass off. Not only does it cheer me up but it has my missus and the little one falling on the floor laughing! You should try it sometime!! ;-)

What I usually do, is go upstairs and open up the costume drawer, take out a batman, spiderman or darth vader outfit, put it on, go downstairs and play the theme tune to Sesame Street and dance my ass off. Not only does it cheer me up but it has my missus and the little one falling on the floor laughing! You should try it sometime!! ;-)
Any video clips of that for us to see mummy!?

I was just thinking about that zhiv. I'll try and find one... there is one somewhere! lol

I was just thinking about that zhiv. I'll try and find one... there is one somewhere! lol

Would love to see that! Get searching mate!happy.gif