Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

Anyone got any good news or stories to share?

Brilliant to read all these, I am smiling from ear to ear, new babies on the way, new jobs, quitting smoking, volunteering for good causes, being proud of the little 'uns, just brilliant, it's made my night reading everyone's happy news. Yeahhh!

what a great thread!thumbsup.gifGood oan ye Kelly!.wish I had the will power!......So good Babs when our weans say something like that to us eh!!!!!thumbsup.gif..well done oan ye Zhivvy!..got to lose a few myself lol!..Spicy think of all the U2 shows with the extra cash!tongue.gif..and MUMMY!!!!!!!!!.....yer a dark horse!........tongue.gifCongrats on becoming a Zoo Daddy again!wink.gif

Mine is a few weeks old now my news......My lassie is going to Japan in August to teach !.Japenese children English.....smile.gifam so proud of her 5 yrs slogging at Uni.......thumbsup.gif...Now just to hope U2 do Japan next yr!tongue.gif

what a great thread!thumbsup.gifGood oan ye Kelly!.wish I had the will power!......So good Babs when our weans say something like that to us eh!!!!!thumbsup.gif..well done oan ye Zhivvy!..got to lose a few myself lol!..Spicy think of all the U2 shows with the extra cash!tongue.gif..and MUMMY!!!!!!!!!.....yer a dark horse!........tongue.gifCongrats on becoming a Zoo Daddy again!wink.gif

Mine is a few weeks old now my news......My lassie is going to Japan in August to teach !.Japenese children English.....smile.gifam so proud of her 5 yrs slogging at Uni.......thumbsup.gif...Now just to hope U2 do Japan next yr!tongue.gif

Hey, I can't be givin too much away about myself.  ;-)  Congrats to your daughter.  If she sneaks into North Korea, will you tell her to say hello to Kim Jon Il for me and his 3 sons.... now there are 3 elligible bachelors for your wee one! lol

laugh.gif..well I dont know who Kim Jon 11 is!roll.gifand thankfully her B/freind is going too!...I feel better knowing he is going as well cos no matter how old they get (shes 28)..her wee Maw here still worries!.......smile.gif

happy.gifand ye know thats 4 Zoo Babies I know of this yr!!!!!!thumbsup.gif..a lot of Hanky Panky going on at those concerts last yr eh!tongue.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70'] This morning I found out my first day volunteering for the American Red Cross will be on April 7th!!!

Fantastic news illum! Keep us posted about it all xx

Consider it done, Zhivvy!!

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70'] This morning I found out my first day volunteering for the American Red Cross will be on April 7th!!!

happy.gif look forwards to hearing all about it!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))to you!.you know why!........happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifThank You!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))to you!.you know why!........happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifThank You!!!!!!!!

Thanks BG! Anytime! laugh.gif Always here to help when I can!happy.gif

Zhivvy wrote:

did you get the advanced first aid training and your own face mask for rescue breathing? can you AED?

Great news! Have finished now for two weeks!! Time to relax and tidy the house and go to visit some great girls in Belgium! And had feedback from my disaster of a lesson yesterday, and my head of department told me that I am the best substitute teacher that they have ever had in the school! Made me feel so much better about myself!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

did you get the advanced first aid training and your own face mask for rescue breathing? can you AED?

No, they're going to start me off with office work and the coordinator will decide from there.

Hmm... just a personal one;

I started Chantix on Sunday and if all goes as planned, next Sunday I will be done smoking (I hope).

well, my sister stopped smoking thanks to that, nearly 2 years already.

and both my parents took it last summer ... both of them are definate ex-smokers now ... even my mum, of whom I thought she'd never be able to quit. Dad quit before once, but started again.  But mum was a real stuck-up smoker, she surprsed us all, and mostly herself !

So go for it ... !!!

No, they're going to start me off with office work and the coordinator will decide from there.

When I read you were doing this I thought I ought get out & do something good like this too, volunteer and help others so I'm going to check out a local old folks home nearby to see if I can do anything there.  Thanks Illume for the inspirationwink.gif

My good news - My beautiful little 2yo girl will have a little brother in June. I think he's going to be a footballer what with the serious kicking he's giving his mammy from the inside. :-)

Have only started at reading this thread just now !

Congrats mummy ... keep us informed how it all goes ...

such a great thread

nice to read so much positive news in here !

way to go all the smoking-quitters, great parents, parents-to-be, job-finders, ...

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

When I read you were doing this I thought I ought get out & do something good like this too, volunteer and help others so I'm going to check out a local old folks home nearby to see if I can do anything there.  Thanks Illume for the inspirationwink.gif

You welcome Anjana.

[quote name='jojes wrote:

mummy']

My good news - My beautiful little 2yo girl will have a little brother in June. I think he's going to be a footballer what with the serious kicking he's giving his mammy from the inside. :-)

Thanks.  I'm laughing at my username right now.  It's just so wrong....!  tongue.gif

So nice to hear all of these good news stories. When the world is full of negativity and al you see on the tv is bad news, it is so nice to read about positive things which are happening around us whether big or small.

[quote name='mummy wrote:

jojes wrote:

mummy']

Thanks.  I'm laughing at my username right now.  It's just so wrong....!  tongue.gif

who knows ... if you really feel like it you can still have something done about that ! roll.gif

read in the paper today about a male schoolteacher who will become a female schoolteacher over the summerbreak ...now that might very well be soooo cnfusing for those poor kids ... wouldn't want to be one of the parents who have do the explanation !

how did you become "Mummy?" when youre "daddy?"

that all has to do with the costume he wants Zhiv and me to make ... King Tut (the now mummified one)

[quote name='jojes wrote:

xtraspicy62']how did you become "Mummy?" when youre "daddy?"

that all has to do with the costume he wants Zhiv and me to make ... King Tut (the now mummified one)

Figleaf on the outside?  I need that figleaf.......

how did you become "Mummy?" when youre "daddy?"

jojes is right... I"m a mummified daddy! hehe...  but the bandages fell off and it turns out that I have nothing left on except for fig leaf! dunno how that happened.. you'll have to ask anjana, joje, and zhivvy!

wonder if he'll name his son "Adam" or "Tutty" or something ...