Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

Anyone got any good news or stories to share?

hi you all! been absent for a while... due to early-shifts. and when i finally have the chence to check out the happy thread, looks like it turned into a 'you show me yours (figleaf) i'll show you mine???

congrats with becoming a daddy, mummy!lol! and it is a beautiful name (did you mention your daugthters name, cause i didnt geyt that?)

congrats with great feedback on the teaching, zhiv!! i 'm not surprised at all though...happy.gif

my good news: despite the rainshowers yesterday, the new roof on top of kitchen was put on ! i'm very happy! no more leakage from now on! and almost finished painting the wooden ceiling in boys room (had like a square metre to go, but gotten too dark.... will finish it first thing tomorrow!)

hi babs, nice to see you again. missed yah. glad to hear you got your roof on. so it's all coming together. I have the tilers in my house at the moment. they are sooooo slow. I might get the bathrooms complete in 2025 at the rate they are going!

Yeah, the thread is not being hijacked... it's all about good news.... it'll be good news for me when anj shows hers and it will be good news for her when I show mine! haha

btw - my daughter's name is emily.

is853010.jpg

She wishes! 
but actually this is more the reality....

af%20T-HF2348%20Cave%20Woman.jpg
See I even put lipstick on from my make up bag and put on some foundation for you!

hi you all! been absent for a while... due to early-shifts. and when i finally have the chence to check out the happy thread, looks like it turned into a 'you show me yours (figleaf) i'll show you mine???

congrats with becoming a daddy, mummy!lol! and it is a beautiful name (did you mention your daugthters name, cause i didnt geyt that?)

congrats with great feedback on the teaching, zhiv!! i 'm not surprised at all though...happy.gif

my good news: despite the rainshowers yesterday, the new roof on top of kitchen was put on ! i'm very happy! no more leakage from now on! and almost finished painting the wooden ceiling in boys room (had like a square metre to go, but gotten too dark.... will finish it first thing tomorrow!)

Hi Barbara, welcome back, I was wondering where you were! It's a bit naughty but nice in here! 

We've got some kitchen DIY this weekend too, am looking forward to slapping some paint on the walls, always good funsmile.gif

is853010.jpg

She wishes! 
but actually this is more the reality....

af%20T-HF2348%20Cave%20Woman.jpg
See I even put lipstick on from my make up bag and put on some foundation for you!
I love the fur coat.  You really went all out.  You're a lady of your word!happy.gif

Love the figleaf too.  goes well with your legs!  laugh.gif

you're looking hot there, anjana!

missed you guys too, mummy! and  i know what you mean.. i sometimse wonder if we'rre gonna make the deadline (and i set a 2-year goal: the reconstruction has to be done completly within 2 years....)

and emily is a great name! friend of mine called her littlegirl emily too.

and i forgot to mention my best news today: 20 years ago today, my love and i had our first date! so we had a little celebration, and probably goin out for dinner this weekend....

missed you guys too, mummy! and  i know what you mean.. i sometimse wonder if we'rre gonna make the deadline (and i set a 2-year goal: the reconstruction has to be done completly within 2 years....)

and i forgot to mention my best news today: 20 years ago today, my love and i had our first date! so we had a little celebration, and probably goin out for dinner this weekend....

Awhhh, that's just lovely

congratulations.  i can't remember the date of my first date with me missus.  I know it was in september.  she'd remember it.  she remembers the date when she first put out the thrash ... ye women are something else when it comes to dates! lol

what colors did you chose, anjana?

i like painting to! but i prefer doin 10 walls instead of 1 ceiling....god, my neck hurts so much! did the primer on thuesday, yesterday between wrok and workmeeting in the eve, i did the first layer of paint, and thoday the 2nd one..i wont be able to look up for quite some days without hurting i guess...

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1']you're looking hot there, anjana!

congratulations.  i can't remember the date of my first date with me missus.  I know it was in september.  she'd remember it.  she remembers the date when she first put out the thrash ... ye women are something else when it comes to dates! lol

well this wasnt hard to remember, cause i don know bout you guys but on this side of the sea april 1st is also known as fools-day... the one day a year people try to trick eachother. even national newspapers and television try to come up with something funny each year.

so the first years we 'celebrated' we used to say to eachother;' i've got you, it was a joke!' but we're still together....so great joke!

what colors did you chose, anjana?

i like painting to! but i prefer doin 10 walls instead of 1 ceiling....god, my neck hurts so much! did the primer on thuesday, yesterday between wrok and workmeeting in the eve, i did the first layer of paint, and thoday the 2nd one..i wont be able to look up for quite some days without hurting i guess...

I know, ceilings are a complete pain (literally) and I don't like glossing either, takes ages, I prefer getting a roller and slapping it on the main walls - much more fun!  The kitchen's quite small so we've gone with a light chalky blue colour to brighten it up, we have blues and greens running through the house so I'm hoping it'll look good, we've been meaning to do it for a couple of years now so I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished result, I love it when you freshen a room up, feels so different and new.

It's one of the longest lasting jokes right there babs... 20 years! wow

... ah yeah, i got caught out today on april fools day. my mate in the us said he was coming over next week to come to a party I've arranged for a girl who left the company yesterday. the bastard isn't coming over. I'll get him back next year! *doesn't know how he can remain patient for a whole year*

good luck on tricking your friend, mummy...thats a nasty one he did to you.

and green and bleu are very relaxing colors, anjana, you must be either a very calm person....or maybe the opposit and you heard about the relaxing effect too?lol!

we painted the wooden ceiling in a 'pearl grey' its very lovely, and warmer than white too. for the walls the boys are still discussin... we had everything from: white and purple (colors of favourite soccerteam!) green and blue, white and red , they have one more week to make up their minds cause w're gonna put in the new floor first.

and green and bleu are very relaxing colors, anjana, you must be either a very calm person....or maybe the opposit and you heard about the relaxing effect too?lol!

we painted the wooden ceiling in a 'pearl grey' its very lovely, and warmer than white too. for the walls the boys are still discussin... we had everything from: white and purple (colors of favourite soccerteam!) green and blue, white and red , they have one more week to make up their minds cause w're gonna put in the new floor first.

why don't you paint the lads room completely in black?  black walls, black window frames, black door and black skirting rails... you might need to get a skirting ladder and some sky hooks.tongue.gif

It is calming, a bit of a sanctuary - my hubby says I never sit still and I make a lot of noise (moi? mais non!) but he kinda likes it really and my mum says I was born nattering so I think I need a calming environment to zen out in! I've offset the blue and green with a soft vanilla colour so it keeps it light, it's an old small Victorian house so it can get a bit dark with heavy colours.

Purple is my favourite colour! Can I have a casting vote if the boys can't decide??!wink.gif

i'll ask them! lol! purple my favourite too, we used purple and orange for our bedroom, very warm morocan style, thats what i like. for the kitchen i'll go with a nice fresh shade of light green and the pearl grey from the boys ceiling would be very lovely on the kitchen ceiling too ....but first my neck needs to heal : -( 

the livingroom will be moka-cappucino something and one wall in bright green-blue (it says peacock-blue on the label).

we're gonna paint the hall in olive and carmine. the only think i cant decide on is the bathroom.... but it wont be finished building before winter so i still have time for that one.

Yesterday,I

received a brotherly visit to inform me of death of a nephew , motorcycle accident in DR.

3 uncles lost 2009 1 sister/& nephew 2008, another nephew 2010.

1 Good news:  I am a grand mother as os Sturday. My son Chris s a father. Thats a light to us

Reamlawkae,

That sounds sumptuous Barbara, you have a real eye for colour.  Olive and carmine will look fabulous together. We too used to have a Moroccan orange in our living room, it's a gorgeous warm colour, I wanted it in one of the bedrooms but it didn't quite work with the other colours which was a shame but I've accessorised with shots of orange, deep pink and purples on cushions and stuff instead and it's worked really well. 

Nite nite Barbara x

so sorry for your loss, rosa. but congrats with the grandchild! life and dead so far away,but so close sometimes....

we have the cushions and accessoires too in the bedroom, looks great! so i see we have similar taste! and i also talk alot (and loud) cording to my love!lol!

Sorry to hear your sad news Rosa but a grandson is something to be so proud of. Congratulations on your grandson and many years of love and happiness for you all xxx

Nite nite Barbara x

sleep tide, anjana! maybe speak to you tomorrow?

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Anjana']Nite nite Barbara x

sleep tide, anjana! maybe speak to you tomorrow?

Yeah definitely will be popping in during the day, see you latersmile.gif

Good news - have a free morning to finish the housework!! and i'm sitting on here lol!

congrats !