Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

U2 360 tour dvd SUPER deluxe set over £110 plus tracklist

Wow, luckily that crazy price must have been a joke... And 40 $ for these juicy contents:

- 2 DVD

- 24 page book

- Poster

- Set-list

- Replica Tour Programme

- 7" Vinyl

Got to wonder which price is wrong. Seems like a lot for a little when you take a look at the U2 shop price. It's usually the other way around. I've never known Amazon to be that far out that they would be charging nearly 6 times the price. I've pre-ordered on the U2 shop until we see who's right and who's wrong.

Remember this people:

All the limited edition albums that U2 ever brought out (from Boy to No Line on the Horizon) are still available for sale. So the word "limited" is used in the context of "the sky is the limit". No need to rush out and buy anything limited from U2 unless you don't mind being fleeced for something that will only be as precious as limestone in the fields of Ireland!

@Agt: Amazon and Eil were definitely wrong. Imho, 40 $ is a nice price (tourbook alone costed 20 €...)

zoo live in sydney-tryin to throw your cuts arms - cut

boston show-not full show and edited with two nights shooting

slane castle-mysterious ways-cut bonus track

under a blood red sky-i fall down-cut (missing footage)

milan vertigo-cut to shreads, only 10 tracks

vertigo chicago-not full show edited with two nights shooting

ONLY popmart is the full show, and even that was edited because larry drops a stick on new years day, bono tells off a fan for pointing a laser stick at him.

360 why should it be any different to have a track cut?!

(i agree its lame!)

and i was thinking right, the set on the new dvd..................

songs on there like elevation (on every previous dvd)

until the end of the world (on nearly every u2 live dvd released)

in a little while (could be a skipper)

sunday bloody sunday (do we need it again on dvd)

mysterious ways (zootv, popmart, slane castle, vertigo chicago)

there are probably more.

although the dvd clip looks wicked, i would prefer a dvd with songs we didnt get to see much of...........

electrical storm

desire

angel of harlem

what else were their suprise songs? im stuck here!

Now at play.com for £149.99: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/14397565/U2-360°-At-The-Rose-Bowl/Product.html

So who's right and who's wrong? 2 Retailers say over a £100 a set and U2.com say £27!

I saw it too on play for that price - I've just pre-ordered on here. with the idea that if there is a mix up, already paid so have to have it for that price!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

agt']Now at play.com for £149.99:
°-At-The-Rose-Bowl/Product.html

So who's right and who's wrong? 2 Retailers say over a £100 a set and U2.com say £27!

I saw it too on play for that price - I've just pre-ordered on here. with the idea that if there is a mix up, already paid so have to have it for that price!

i dont know zhiv, i think because its a pre-order they can change the price and you will have to pay the increase if there is one.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

i dont know zhiv, i think because its a pre-order they can change the price and you will have to pay the increase if there is one.

Well I guess so but in theory they should honour the advertised price - but that wouldn't happen and if it does go up then won't get it!! I may be mad but not totally stupid!

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Well I guess so but in theory they should honour the advertised price - but that wouldn't happen and if it does go up then won't get it!! I may be mad but not totally stupid!

yeah cancel the order if it goes up, im just holding on.

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

yeah cancel the order if it goes up, im just holding on.

It'll probably go up and arrive in September!

im just curious what the vinyl is. is it worth 150 pounds?! why are u2 starting to rip people off with this campaign, i just dont get it.

Already being sold as buy it now on ebay! "2 dvd deluxe box set £22.95!!

I think we need to be told on here what the real price is going to be and if there has been any mix ups - as there seems to have been. And looking at the prices of other deluxe box sets etc... i think that the £150 is the wrong one - or least i am hoping!

zhiv you do know the 2 dvd deluxe set is around that price?
What around the £23 mark or the rip off one?

zhiv, gibbo came up with something very interesting which i havent done. if you click on the link for 360, pre-order from the uk it takes you directly onto amazon......................

zhiv, gibbo came up with something very interesting which i havent done. if you click on the link for 360, pre-order from the uk it takes you directly onto amazon......................

I know just saw that! Will just have to wait and see. If it is £110 then I will get the cheaper one instead. I do want a dvd of the show and it was pretty good on youtube - just wish it was the Dublin show instead!

I wish Amazon would hurry up & rectify the price for the deluxe box set. Has anyone in the uk seen it on a uk online retailer for the correct price yet?

HMV uk have it for £107.99.Play.com £150! If this isn't a mistake, why the hell are they charging so much?! Play.com say it's a region 2 disc, so it's not an import. Are they covering their backs not knowing what is in the box & not knowing what price they should really charge for it yet?

It looks like buying it from fanfire & having it imported is going to be the option.Should cost around £40 with p & p & i still have my discount code too.

I wish Amazon would hurry up & rectify the price for the deluxe box set. Has anyone in the uk seen it on a uk online retailer for the correct price yet?

HMV uk have it for £107.99.Play.com £150! If this isn't a mistake, why the hell are they charging so much?! Play.com say it's a region 2 disc, so it's not an import. Are they covering their backs not knowing what is in the box & not knowing what price they should really charge for it yet?

It looks like buying it from fanfire & having it imported is going to be the option.Should cost around £40 with p & p & i still have my discount code too.
you cant use the discount code on the dvd from what ive been reading downstairs. and the things is even though the US price is alot cheaper than the UK price which there will be kick ups about it if true from people over here in the UK.

also will US region play on UK dvd players? unless you watch it on your computer/laptop or mac......................

ally33']I wish Amazon would hurry up & rectify the price for the deluxe box set. Has anyone in the uk seen it on a uk online retailer for the correct price yet?

you cant use the discount code on the dvd from what ive been reading downstairs. and the things is even though the US price is alot cheaper than the UK price which there will be kick ups about it if true from people over here in the UK.

also will US region play on UK dvd players? unless you watch it on your computer/laptop or mac......................

Some dvd players are region free so can play ones from everywhere.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

http://www.amazon.com/s/r...ose+bowl&x=0&y=0

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

http://www.amazon.com/s/r...ose+bowl&x=0&y=0

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

yeah we need some clear information on the product. over here in the UK it does seem to be a mess. all im doing for now is staying away from u2.com shop to purchase it incase any increase comes in, and not being funny, i want a dvd that will play in my dvd player which is not multiregional. because lets not forget, all this talk and we are not talking about the main item. the film.............................

and if its quality of film you want, go for blu-ray. it will be so much better quality on screen and sound and to me that more than the items added for the super deluxe. i havent got a blu-ray player, but i will purchase it, because i will be getting a hd tv and sooner rather than later a blu-ray player.

the film was shot with hd camera's too so standard dvd quality will be good, probably as good as the elevation boston dvd, even better. but not quite hd, as blu-ray is the PROPER hd! you with me?!?! with blu-ray also you can update stuff and who knows maybe that is where the new songs will come in. clever eh?!

i will probably order the 2 disk dvd deluxe set too. if i want to watch it on a normal dvd player somewhere, i can just take it with me. plus i collect u2 stuff..........................

but the super deluxe? well its my birthday on june 27th, and it can also wait till xmas if needs be. i will not pre-order something which price wise, no one really knows (although they claim u2.com price is right) at all.

saying that i ordered the u2&i book from amazon.com and paid the us price. in the uk its very expensive. i might do the same for the super deluxe, but from amazon.com once they put up the $ price.

I do think that we get ripped of in England for many things. But I still love my country lol! It is worth checking out if your dvd player is mutli-regional as lots of them are. My, now broken, one is old (about 8 years!) and is multi regional. And did you know they are now seeling blu-ray players in argos for just over £100? And yes I would like a really good quality dvd in hd/blu ray etc... but if not too expensive i would also like the extras which come with the deluxe box set!

And why do so many of us on here have birthdays in June? (mine is 13th!)

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price. tongue.gif