Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

U2 360 tour dvd SUPER deluxe set over £110 plus tracklist

Recommended Posts

[quote name='mummy wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

 

 

$20 odd before they cut they price.

 

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

 

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price. tongue.gif

 

 

It's great being in Ireland... we just buy direct from Bono's shed! ... cuts out the middle man!  tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

 

 

$20 odd before they cut they price.

 

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

 

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price.
tongue.gif

 

 

It's great being in Ireland... we just buy direct from Bono's shed! ... cuts out the middle man!  tongue.gif

 

hahahahaha! get me a cheap box set then! paypal????roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


mummy wrote:

mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

 

 

$20 odd before they cut they price.

 

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

 

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price.
tongue.gif

 

 

It's great being in Ireland... we just buy direct from Bono's shed! ... cuts out the middle man! 
tongue.gif

 

hahahahaha! get me a cheap box set then! paypal????roll.gif

 

No problem.  Paypal is fine.  You can find me on ebay.  Just do a search for my username:  rippingoffbritsonebay

 

roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

mummy wrote:

mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

 

 

$20 odd before they cut they price.

 

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

 

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price.
tongue.gif

 

 

It's great being in Ireland... we just buy direct from Bono's shed! ... cuts out the middle man! 
tongue.gif

 

hahahahaha! get me a cheap box set then! paypal????
roll.gif

 

No problem.  Paypal is fine.  You can find me on ebay.  Just do a search for my username:  rippingoffbritsonebay

 

roll.gifoh so your the middle man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


mummy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mummy wrote:

mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

 

 

$20 odd before they cut they price.

 

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

 

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

I have no idea Mac. I understand that there can be a slight difference in prices with fluctuating exchange rates etc... but not to this degree. If it is amzon and play etc... who are charging different prices then it is annoying but we can't do much about it. But on here it should all be the same price, the same as everything else in the shop. As I said yesterday we need to know if this is right and if it is we need a properly explanation why!

Maybe U2 are sick of british fans and don't want to sell their wares to ye so they are charging no less than triple the american asking price.
tongue.gif

 

 

It's great being in Ireland... we just buy direct from Bono's shed! ... cuts out the middle man! 
tongue.gif

 

hahahahaha! get me a cheap box set then! paypal????
roll.gif

 

No problem.  Paypal is fine.  You can find me on ebay.  Just do a search for my username:  rippingoffbritsonebay

 

roll.gifoh so your the middle man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

well mac, you see... I'm getting the loot at cost from the man himself, which gives me greater buying power so that I can provide the goods at a better rate for the customer... you!! Well, that's the shite spun by all other leading retailers.  I'm just hopping on the band wagon! tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the super deluxe can be imported to the uk yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

ally33']I wish Amazon would hurry up & rectify the price for the deluxe box set. Has anyone in the uk seen it on a uk online retailer for the correct price yet?

HMV uk have it for £107.99.Play.com £150! If this isn't a mistake, why the hell are they charging so much?! Play.com say it's a region 2 disc, so it's not an import. Are they covering their backs not knowing what is in the box & not knowing what price they should really charge for it yet?

It looks like buying it from fanfire & having it imported is going to be the option.Should cost around £40 with p & p & i still have my discount code too.

you cant use the discount code on the dvd from what ive been reading downstairs. and the things is even though the US price is alot cheaper than the UK price which there will be kick ups about it if true from people over here in the UK.

 

also will US region play on UK dvd players? unless you watch it on your computer/laptop or mac......................

 

Some dvd players are region free so can play ones from everywhere.

 

I find a lot of music dvd's tend to be region free in my experience, so fingers crossed for this one.

I noticed amazon usa haven't a price listing for the super deluxe yet. Hopefully that means they are sorting the correct price & amazon uk will follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the super deluxe can be imported to the uk yet?

from u2.com???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are economics so much worse in the US that they can have the superdeluxe DVD for $40 and we need to pay 150 euros? Guess this is the most discussed DVD release ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are economics so much worse in the US that they can have the superdeluxe DVD for $40 and we need to pay 150 euros? Guess this is the most discussed DVD release ;)
yeah deffo beats lord of the rings boxset chit chat!roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well thanks for some info, on the shop the $40 boxset has been taken off. maybe u2.com got the price wrong?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well thanks for some info, on the shop the $40 boxset has been taken off. maybe u2.com got the price wrong?!?

sure they don't want to just rip of europe when they can rip off america too! tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='tongue.gifmummy wrote:


MacFoley']well thanks for some info, on the shop the $40 boxset has been taken off. maybe u2.com got the price wrong?!?

sure they don't want to just rip of europe when they can rip off america too! tongue.gif

tongue.gif but some people dont mind paying the price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


tongue.gif

mummy wrote:

MacFoley']well thanks for some info, on the shop the $40 boxset has been taken off. maybe u2.com got the price wrong?!?

sure they don't want to just rip of europe when they can rip off america too!
tongue.gif

tongue.gif but some people dont mind paying the price!

 

lol.. so true.  ... I wonder if U2 doubled the price to 300 pounds, would people still buy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think so! and claim its not a rip off!
priceless! <-- no pun intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well mummy i can wait as i said, ill pre-order the normal 2 disk set, and probs get blu-ray version when i get a blu-ray player.

 

but id rather spend £110 or whatever the rip off price is on my children....................

 

oh well my bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well mummy i can wait as i said, ill pre-order the normal 2 disk set, and probs get blu-ray version when i get a blu-ray player.

 

but id rather spend £110 or whatever the rip off price is on my children....................

 

oh well my bad!

what is it with parents?  we always prioritize them... when will we learn!?roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahahahaha i dont know, maybe its because they are more important than a poxy dvd?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All price updates on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...