Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

I'm on the list of people who are not bothered by Breathe being cut. I always felt Boots or at least Magnificent should have opened the show, not breathe anyways.

But oh well. Still gonna buy the super expensive one and the blu ray one.

I checked the link from u2.com shop to UK sale: doesn't show any release date for superdeluxe

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

gibbo1968']still not arsed about breathe missin just the super deluxe price even though it's page 32.

i think thats whats to be arsed about!

well just dont buy the super delux box then?

.... because some of us WANT to buy the super dooper all singing, all dancing super deluxe box... just like we've bought every other release in every format.  We just happen to think that £100+ is taking the piss in spectacular fashion!  That sort of money is to be spent on ebay buying rare promos etc and NOT on a brand new release!

If someone could sit down and tell me exactly what about it was worth that much money - how much of a limited edition it was, what extras i'm getting for my cash then i'll be quite happy to eat my words if I need to.  For now though, I think its a huge piss take and they can stick their box set up their arse - sideways

I very rarely post but thought I'd jump in here. It seems obvious to me why the UK set is more expensive then the US. It's called TAX!!!!! Gotta love our British government. It's not like they don't get enough from our wages, petrol, and just about everything else anyway.... Grrrrrr. Right that's my rant over, I will now return to my lurking postistion.

I very rarely post but thought I'd jump in here. It seems obvious to me why the UK set is more expensive then the US. It's called TAX!!!!! Gotta love our British government. It's not like they don't get enough from our wages, petrol, and just about everything else anyway.... Grrrrrr. Right that's my rant over, I will now return to my lurking postistion.
Eh I don't think so. Tax can only add so much, definitely not 70 pounds.

And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

i'm not even thinking bout getting into the price (120-some-£?!) or the in or out of breathe....

roll.gif

... i almost got hospitalized in a nearby mental institution after readi ng this..... i was still on afterglow from the unforgettable doubtfire, but this one beat it all.... shit my belly hurts....laugh.gif

Why is the 2 DVD Deluxe with Breathe only $30 US (including shipping)????

I don't see the super dooper extra special fantastic deluxe offered on U2 shop yet..

If any of my UK friends want, I'll buy them one and ship it over for much less!!!

should be the same difference also on the regular versions

So you're saying that British tax is between 300 to 500%?

Just had a look on Amazon.com, new NLOTH Boxset goes for $80 http://www.amazon.com/Horizon-Limited-including-Hardcover-Poster/dp/B001O5W6CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1270312326&sr=8-1-spell 

Using your above "tax", the same boxset should cost around 200 GBP. Let's check some UK sites so test your "theory". 

*check HMV*

Well, well..... it's 40 pounds. http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=919667 

Obviously the difference wasn't your imaginery tax, but rather a mistake on U2.com (Personally, with all the included stuff that was posted there, I don't think it would go THAT cheap).

I really can't believe Breathe is not included in the standard issue set. For me it's the key song in there and one of the best openers and certainly the best song on NLOTH. Which idiot within U2's empire thought chopping off the opening song would be a good idea?

[quote name='MrsFish wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

gibbo1968']still not arsed about breathe missin just the super deluxe price even though it's page 32.

.... because some of us WANT to buy the super dooper all singing, all dancing super deluxe box... just like we've bought every other release in every format.  We just happen to think that £100+ is taking the piss in spectacular fashion!  That sort of money is to be spent on ebay buying rare promos etc and NOT on a brand new release!

If someone could sit down and tell me exactly what about it was worth that much money - how much of a limited edition it was, what extras i'm getting for my cash then i'll be quite happy to eat my words if I need to.  For now though, I think its a huge piss take and they can stick their box set up their arse - sideways

mrs fish i love you.

don't tell the lanky one tho!wink.gif

(what's his thoughts on the price BTW?)

[quote name='gibbo1968 wrote:

MrsFish wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

mrs fish i love you.

(what's his thoughts on the price BTW?)yes mrs fish sums it all up and i completely agree with her

smokin.gif

can someone tell me (i aint reading back in case someone else asked and someone else answere) but UK & US preorder - hello the world is a bigger place than just those two - for the rest of the world???????????????????/

can someone tell me (i aint reading back in case someone else asked and someone else answere) but UK & US preorder - hello the world is a bigger place than just those two - for the rest of the world???????????????????/
Leonie, I think the 2 distribution centers for U2 merchandise are located in the US and UK. The pricing system on the website is all conducted in US dollars.  I'm not sure why U2 uses UK as a distribution center unless of course most of the European sales are from UK residents.  I myself would have considered the Netherlands the better location for a distribution center... would save U2 money from a logistical point of view...  I don't know which distribution center serves Australia but I would hazard a guess that it is the UK center.  So to answer your question - the world is a bigger place but it would not make any sense to have a distribution center in every country unless of course sales were through the roof in each and every country... I don't think that is the case, even if U2 are the biggest band in the world.

I hope this helps.  If not, contact u2 customer service and they will be happy to answer your questions at this time on Aljazeera.roll.gif

Sigh, guess I'll have to buy a Blu-ray player. But THIS will be the ONLY Blu-ray I buy. And hope getting one does not make me yearn for a large flat screen TV. Have enough dvd's, do not want to get their duplicates on Blu-ray. Unless their is a new Lord Of The Rings set, and Pirates of the Caribbean set only on Blu-Ray, have my priorities :D

Sigh, guess I'll have to buy a Blu-ray player. But THIS will be the ONLY Blu-ray I buy. And hope getting one does not make me yearn for a large flat screen TV. Have enough dvd's, do not want to get their duplicates on Blu-ray. Unless their is a new Lord Of The Rings set, and Pirates of the Caribbean set only on Blu-Ray, have my priorities :D
there will always be something to upgrade to....and that's why marketing people are paid the big bucks...to make us think if we don't have the latest version of something, we are missing out/deprived.

Lord of the Rings is out in BluRay tomorrow: http://www.lordoftherings.net/ 

But those aren't extended versions, which sucks bit time. 

[quote name='gibbo1968 wrote:

MrsFish wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

mrs fish i love you.

(what's his thoughts on the price BTW?)

He said very very very VERY naughty words!!  Thieving, and then something that sounds like runts!!

He'll buy it though... cos he always does!

*rolls eyes*

completely insane that the opening track that features every night of the tour is excluded from the set-list.

I mean who actually thought that "Breathe`s" exclusion is a good ides. VCompletely baffling