Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

cathkel']I just watched the Vertigo clip from 360 and i gotta say im not looking forward to watching the full dvd.. Il get motion sickness from looking at it. Whats with all the quick shots?? i thought they learnt their lesson from the Vertigo Chicago dvd. :'(

Well if you watched it you will know they used clips from various songs look at around the 1 minute mark it shows the screen from IGCIIDGCT meaning its a trailer but with vertigo playing, but i guess people just want anything to moan about.

Yep ...thats me..a right moaning minnieroll.gifits a good job i have your expert opinion to keep me on tracktongue.gif

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

cathkel']I just watched the Vertigo clip from 360 and i gotta say im not looking forward to watching the full dvd.. Il get motion sickness from looking at it. Whats with all the quick shots?? i thought they learnt their lesson from the Vertigo Chicago dvd. :'(

Well if you watched it you will know they used clips from various songs look at around the 1 minute mark it shows the screen from IGCIIDGCT meaning its a trailer but with vertigo playing, but i guess people just want anything to moan about.

Yep ...thats me..a right moaning minnieroll.gifits a good job i have your expert opinion to keep me on tracktongue.gif

I thought the same thing when I watched it....jumping around all over the place. Difficult to watch. Like the person editing it has ADD. So...is his this from the actual DVD or is it just a trailer. Inquiring minds would like to know.

I just watched the Vertigo clip from 360 and i gotta say im not looking forward to watching the full dvd.. Il get motion sickness from looking at it. Whats with all the quick shots?? i thought they learnt their lesson from the Vertigo Chicago dvd. :'(
At the end of the Vertigo clip it had long shots.... so I'm hoping not all's lost.

Where can i find my discount promo code if I have one? Do we get one at all besides the HORIZON remix CD? Just wondering where to find it. thanks!

you surely got it on a separate mail at the time of the payment of the subscription

but do not worry too much if you were thinking to use it for the DVD: it can't be used :(

Little hijack:

Thanks Padrepio for your message :D I'm sorry I can't answer, outbound pm's don't work

I asked because you can see where I am from :)))

<--------------

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

At the end of the Vertigo clip it had long shots.... so I'm hoping not all's lost.

Fingers crossed Kris...i realy hated watching the Chicago dvd, it very quickly got relegated to the back of my dvd collection. ...Id like 360 to remain at the frontpimp.gif

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

cathkel wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

Yep ...thats me..a right moaning minnie
roll.gif
its a good job i have your expert opinion to keep me on track
tongue.gif

I thought the same thing when I watched it....jumping around all over the place. Difficult to watch. Like the person editing it has ADD. So...is his this from the actual DVD or is it just a trailer. Inquiring minds would like to know.

lol......good to see im not the only one to feel this way.

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

petermullen wrote:

cathkel wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

cathkel']

I just watched the Vertigo clip from 360 and i gotta say im not looking forward to watching the full dvd.. Il get motion sickness from looking at it. Whats with all the quick shots?? i thought they learnt their lesson from the Vertigo Chicago dvd. :'(

Yep ...thats me..a right moaning minnie
roll.gif
its a good job i have your expert opinion to keep me on track
tongue.gif

lol......good to see im not the only one to feel this way.

Which is why Red Rocks & Rattle & Hum are still at the top of my U2 tour films list. There not fast cut, they savour the moment and don't make you sick whilst watching them.

Music Directors these days seem to be a bit arty farty & forget the looks not as important as the feel.

Sorry if this question is elsewhere in the thread ... I want to get the content (vinyl/book etc) from the Super Deluxe but I want to get the Bluray concert footage .. is there any way to get the Super Deluxe content and Bluray or must I buy both sets?

Sorry if this question is elsewhere in the thread ... I want to get the content (vinyl/book etc) from the Super Deluxe but I want to get the Bluray concert footage .. is there any way to get the Super Deluxe content and Bluray or must I buy both sets?
You'll have to but two sets, unfortunately.

Attention all U2 fans! We need to begin an online petition for the release of the "U2: 360 Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl" High-Definition Blu-ray Disc to also be available in the coveted Super Deluxe Box Set format! It looks like there are no official plans for this and that the Box Set will only be available with two inferior standard-def DVDiscs. Every true U2 fan reading this knows that they want and need to have this concert in Hi-Def Blu-ray and in the Deluxe Box, which is rumoured to include: [/font][/font]a 24-page book, tour poster, printed setlist, replica tour programme and a 7" vinyl record. My problem is that I am quite computer illiterate and do not even know how to start an petition. I strongly implore that the first person to read this, who has the knowledge and capability, please begin the online petition! Believe me, if I could, I would, but I am typing this at a public library and the time that I can spend here is too short. U2 themselves are probably just to busy on tour to be aware that there are no plans for a Blu-ray Box Set, and I would hope to think that if they knew about this, they would absolutely agree that a Blu-ray Box Set is imperatively essential. This issue must raised to the people who run U2.com as well as the DVD and Blu-ray designers and manufacturers at Universal-Interscope-Island Home Music Video and Creative Force 5.0 and whomever else is directly responsible for the release. To whomever begins the petition, please notify me with the details, so that myself and everyone else I know can register for this petition. My e-mail address is f1rstclubonthemoon@yahoo.com.[/font]

[/font]

Online petitions on random petition websites are, imho, useless and a waste of time.

Attention all U2 fans! We need to begin an online petition for the release of the "U2: 360 Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl" High-Definition Blu-ray Disc to also be available in the coveted Super Deluxe Box Set format! It looks like there are no official plans for this and that the Box Set will only be available with two inferior standard-def DVDiscs. Every true U2 fan reading this knows that they want and need to have this concert in Hi-Def Blu-ray and in the Deluxe Box, which is rumoured to include: [/font][/font]a 24-page book, tour poster, printed setlist, replica tour programme and

a 7" vinyl record. My problem is that I am quite computer illiterate and do not even know how to start an petition. I strongly implore that the first person to read this, who has the knowledge and capability, please begin the online petition! Believe me, if I could, I would, but I am typing this at a public library and the time that I can spend here is too short. U2 themselves are probably just to busy on tour to be aware that there are no plans for a Blu-ray Box Set, and I would hope to think that if they knew about this, they would absolutely agree that a Blu-ray Box Set is imperatively essential. This issue must raised to the people who run U2.com as well as the DVD and Blu-ray designers and manufacturers at Universal-Interscope-Island Home Music Video and Creative Force 5.0 and whomever else is directly responsible for the release. To whomever begins the petition, please notify me with the details, so that myself and everyone else I know can register for this petition. My e-mail address is f1rstclubonthemoon@yahoo.com.[/font]

[/font]

Just buy the Blu-ray and stick it in the DVD box set. Makes no sense for the Super Deluxe version to be released as a Blu-ray edition, there's not enough of a market for it. DVD is more of a sure horse to be backed.

I've been a Blu-ray adopter since the formats release and I'm happy enough to buy both, the Blu-ray for my system and the Super Deluxe DVD for goodies.

DVD's from a HD master look and sound really good anyway, if truth be told I could live without the Blu-ray! But what the hell if it's there and I can use it, I'll take it.

oups paul did it again , now it's decided

won t buy it

won't get fool again

Easy there little godofcinema, and understand that the moderators of these boards have very little insight or access and less power to force releases. So, chill and we'll see. The Uber Deluxe vanished and is likely scrapped or being tweaked. Patience.

any news on when sites will add the super deluxe version or has it been scrapped all together?

Attention all U2 fans! We need to begin an online petition for the release of the "U2: 360 Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl" High-Definition Blu-ray Disc to also be available in the coveted Super Deluxe Box Set format! It looks like there are no official plans for this and that the Box Set will only be available with two inferior standard-def DVDiscs. Every true U2 fan reading this knows that they want and need to have this concert in Hi-Def Blu-ray and in the Deluxe Box, which is rumoured to include: [/font][/font]a 24-page book, tour poster, printed setlist, replica tour programme and a 7" vinyl record. My problem is that I am quite computer illiterate and do not even know how to start an petition. I strongly implore that the first person to read this, who has the knowledge and capability, please begin the online petition! Believe me, if I could, I would, but I am typing this at a public library and the time that I can spend here is too short. U2 themselves are probably just to busy on tour to be aware that there are no plans for a Blu-ray Box Set, and I would hope to think that if they knew about this, they would absolutely agree that a Blu-ray Box Set is imperatively essential. This issue must raised to the people who run U2.com as well as the DVD and Blu-ray designers and manufacturers at Universal-Interscope-Island Home Music Video and Creative Force 5.0 and whomever else is directly responsible for the release. To whomever begins the petition, please notify me with the details, so that myself and everyone else I know can register for this petition. My e-mail address is f1rstclubonthemoon@yahoo.com.[/font]

[/font]

OMG someone get a reality check not everyone wants or has a Playstation 3 roll.gif

Seriously though and sorry for being a tres lazy bitch but did the prices ever get sorted for the deluxe one?

Attention fellow U2 followers! I think I may have found a way to solve our problem of there currently being no plans for a 360° Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl: Blu-ray Super Deluxe Limited Edition Box Set format. The following 4our great people have all worked intimately on most all of U2’s DVD releases and they are all reachable on FaceBook: Producer Ned O’Hanlon; Production Manager Tara Mullen; Project Manager Candida Bottaci; and Brian Celler, who is credited as DVD Project Manager and Album Production Manager for The Unforgettable Fire: 25th Anniversary re-issue.

I have already contacted all 4 of them and I strongly encourage everyone reading this to send them a message on FaceBook as well. I mean, who the hell really wants to have to pay for both the Blu-ray Disc and the 2-DVDisc Super Deluxe Box Set? There is no need for that if enough of us just let our voices be heard and they shall answer to the will of the fans. One dude had written that there is not much market for a BD Box, but that’s why it would be a Limited Edition for the OCD U2 collectors of us.

Below is letter that I have written to these 4our U2 DVD collaborators. Please copy and paste it into your FaceBook messages to each of them and then edit the message accordingly. Of course it would be even better if y’all composed your own distinctive message but I recognize that some of you may not have the time. June 3rd is just around the corner and these Sets needed to begin manufacturing yesterday. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Thank You Very Much from the GodOfCinema!

Dear Ned O’Hanlon, Tara Mullen, Candida Bottaci or Brian Celler,

My name is blank-fill-in-your-name-here and U2 have always been my favourite musicians. I want to praise you for the beautiful job that you have accomplished most all of their magnificent DVD releases.

On behalf of the worldwide population of U2 fans, I respectfully implore you to use your power to see it that the forthcoming 360° Tour Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl will be available in the coveted Blu-ray Disc Super Deluxe Limited Edition Box Set format, and that all content of these Blu-ray and DVDiscs will also be available with optional complete English subtitling, especially of song lyrics.

So far, it seems that the only way for us U2 and Hi-Def Blu-ray lovers to get the various extra items of the Box will be for us to pay for both the Blu-ray single Disc as well as the 2-DVD Box Set. This may be a ploy of the executive powers that be to scam U2 devotees out of even more money, as they know many of them would double dip. I strongly urge you to beckon them to see logic and reason, that U2 Limited and Universal Music-Island Records Limited and any other affiliates involved will actually earn more money by releasing a BD Box.

We U2 fans would also very much appreciate that the concert and its supplemental footage include optional song lyric subtitles, which is something that, with the exception of Rattle and Hum from Paramount, has never been done. I don’t know if the makers of U2 home videos feel that U2 fans should already know the lyrics by heart and therefore subtitles are unnecessary, but there are many of us who watch everything on DVD and BD with the subtitles activated on. Futhermore, one of the ways that we recruit new others into the U2 following is by showing them these concert discs. It would greatly help if these newcomers could have the option of lyric subtitles, as Bono’s lyrics are among the most poetic and provocative ever composed, and his vocals are not quite always discernible, unless, of course, you already know the lyrics. Subtitled lyrics would also be quite beneficial and fun for the children of the world coming of the age of reading and writing, as well as for foreigners looking to learn a new language.   

Please think as if you were just one of us devotees who collect most if not all of the media that U2 releases. We would even hope to think that U2 themselves would absolutely agree that a Blu-ray Box Set with subtitles is imperatively essential. However, you are a veteran of the U2 home video production crew and you do have this power. Please use it for the fans. You must feel so blessed and proud to have one of greatest jobs ever and to get to be a part of the greatest rock band in world!

Thank You Very Much from

Blank-fill-in-your-name-and-city-here

At the moment I'm willing to pay for both Bluray and DVD Super Delux. Why? Because I do not have a blu-ray player, only DVD. So I'm buying Double DVD at the time of the release, Super Delux once I can afford it (unless the price drops by the release date). And I'll get BR only when I have a HDTV and a blu-ray player.

It should be also pointed out that blu-ray offers additional extras which are only available on BD-live (or whatever was it's name), which is not available on DVD format due to the standard issues.

And I'm also not interested in the subtitles. They're a distraction for me.

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

kev its their opion, so why try to argue their point, repect it eh?  we all know you like to lick the dvd's ass (even though its not out yet)

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

kev its their opion, so why try to argue their point, repect it eh?  we all know you like to lick the dvd's ass (even though its not out yet)

Where is a dvd's ass? Just interested to know? tongue.gif (not that i want to lick any please understand)

Attention fellow U2 followers! I think I may have found a way to solve our problem of there currently being no plans for a 360° Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl: Blu-ray Super Deluxe Limited Edition Box Set format. The following 4our great people have all worked intimately on most all of U2’s DVD releases and they are all reachable on FaceBook: Producer Ned O’Hanlon; Production Manager Tara Mullen; Project Manager Candida Bottaci; and Brian Celler, who is credited as DVD Project Manager and Album Production Manager for The Unforgettable Fire: 25th Anniversary re-issue.

I have already contacted all 4 of them and I strongly encourage everyone reading this to send them a message on FaceBook as well. I mean, who the hell really wants to have to pay for both the Blu-ray Disc and the 2-DVDisc Super Deluxe Box Set? There is no need for that if enough of us just let our voices be heard and they shall answer to the will of the fans. One dude had written that there is not much market for a BD Box, but that’s why it would be a Limited Edition for the OCD U2 collectors of us.

Below is letter that I have written to these 4our U2 DVD collaborators. Please copy and paste it into your FaceBook messages to each of them and then edit the message accordingly. Of course it would be even better if y’all composed your own distinctive message but I recognize that some of you may not have the time. June 3rd is just around the corner and these Sets needed to begin manufacturing yesterday. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Thank You Very Much from the GodOfCinema!

Dear Ned O’Hanlon, Tara Mullen, Candida Bottaci or Brian Celler,

My name is blank-fill-in-your-name-here and U2 have always been my favourite musicians. I want to praise you for the beautiful job that you have accomplished most all of their magnificent DVD releases.

On behalf of the worldwide population of U2 fans, I respectfully implore you to use your power to see it that the forthcoming 360° Tour Live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl will be available in the coveted Blu-ray Disc Super Deluxe Limited Edition Box Set format, and that all content of these Blu-ray and DVDiscs will also be available with optional complete English subtitling, especially of song lyrics.

So far, it seems that the only way for us U2 and Hi-Def Blu-ray lovers to get the various extra items of the Box will be for us to pay for both the Blu-ray single Disc as well as the 2-DVD Box Set. This may be a ploy of the executive powers that be to scam U2 devotees out of even more money, as they know many of them would double dip. I strongly urge you to beckon them to see logic and reason, that U2 Limited and Universal Music-Island Records Limited and any other affiliates involved will actually earn more money by releasing a BD Box.

We U2 fans would also very much appreciate that the concert and its supplemental footage include optional song lyric subtitles, which is something that, with the exception of Rattle and Hum from Paramount, has never been done. I don’t know if the makers of U2 home videos feel that U2 fans should already know the lyrics by heart and therefore subtitles are unnecessary, but there are many of us who watch everything on DVD and BD with the subtitles activated on. Futhermore, one of the ways that we recruit new others into the U2 following is by showing them these concert discs. It would greatly help if these newcomers could have the option of lyric subtitles, as Bono’s lyrics are among the most poetic and provocative ever composed, and his vocals are not quite always discernible, unless, of course, you already know the lyrics. Subtitled lyrics would also be quite beneficial and fun for the children of the world coming of the age of reading and writing, as well as for foreigners looking to learn a new language.   

Please think as if you were just one of us devotees who collect most if not all of the media that U2 releases. We would even hope to think that U2 themselves would absolutely agree that a Blu-ray Box Set with subtitles is imperatively essential. However, you are a veteran of the U2 home video production crew and you do have this power. Please use it for the fans. You must feel so blessed and proud to have one of greatest jobs ever and to get to be a part of the greatest rock band in world!

Thank You Very Much from

Blank-fill-in-your-name-and-city-here

It would be nice to have the bonus extras on disc, the BD-live feature AND all those other things. Problem is, super deluxe has vinyl, and I don't have a vinyl player, so the vinyl get thrown away. It'd be interesting to hear what's on there, though.