Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

MIck you just made me spit out my water ROTFLMAO

I'm glad! Always good to make you laugh and not get nicked for making Bono McDuck pictures!

laugh.gif

Hopefully amazon will adjust the price of the super deluxe box set otherwise i will have to import it.It will still work out cheaper! I'll have to get the blu ray too.Pity there wasn't a blu ray super deluxe.

Wonder what's on the vinyl disc...

And about Breathe... can't we start a petition to have it at least as bonus track on all versions, like Mysterious Ways at Slane Castle?

The idea of opening and closing the comment option on the news when people began to complain wasn't a smart move, either.

Wonder what's on the vinyl disc...

And about Breathe... can't we start a petition to have it at least as bonus track on all versions, like Mysterious Ways at Slane Castle?

The idea of opening and closing the comment option on the news when people began to complain wasn't a smart move, either.

It is a bonus on 3 of the 4 versions.

I've said this in another thread, but I think here's the place for it. Got to wonder which price is right and which is wrong. Seems like a lot for a little when you take a look at the U2 shop price. It's usually the other way around. I've never known Amazon to be that far out that they would be charging nearly 6 times the price. I've pre-ordered on the U2 shop until we see who's right and who's wrong.

I've gone for the U2 shop pre-order and hoping if it is a mistake they'll honor my order. Fingers crossed that the price is right.

no breathe in the dvd?!?!?! are they crazy?? i can't believe that...

I wonder if I pre-order it from U2.com, will I get it before September?!

Also, is there any plausable explanation for the Amazon price?

Ridiculous! Not including "Breathe" is a slap in the face of everyone who wanted to re-experience what he saw last summer. Why not putting a complete show on DVD??? I visited four gigs in the summer, spending about 1000 Euro (including travel costs). Breathe was a part of every show and I don't want the dvd to be distorted like the way it is planned to release. This will be the first U2 DVD tht I am not going to buy. Without Breathe -which means without the full show experience - I can also download the youtube video, aside from that the bonus material is completely loveless. mad.gif

Guys its one song for gods sake.
Maybe because it's the opening song?

Ridiculous! Not including "Breathe" is a slap in the face of everyone who wanted to re-experience what he saw last summer. Why not putting a complete show on DVD??? I visited four gigs in the summer, spending about 1000 Euro (including travel costs). Breathe was a part of every show and I don't want the dvd to be distorted like the way it is planned to release. This will be the first U2 DVD tht I am not going to buy. Without Breathe -which means without the full show experience - I can also download the youtube video, aside from that the bonus material is completely loveless. mad.gif

you can have the full concert..................thing is you have to pay extra!

Why close the comment field on the new DVD? Because people don't agree leaving out Breathe? It's the opener of the concert, the walk of Larry to his drumkit on Kingdom, the solo drums of him, that was so great, many people must be upset by this. Because of this I'm not going to buy it. Some people say it's one song, but for me it's an essential one.

The four versions, that's it? There will be no super super deluxe as advertised on Amazon?

Anyway, another US DVD, would have preferred a European one, also crowdwise, preferrably Barcelona (ok, that was maybe to soon), Wembley, Dublin or Berlin

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

danielgerke']Ridiculous! Not including "Breathe" is a slap in the face of everyone who wanted to re-experience what he saw last summer. Why not putting a complete show on DVD??? I visited four gigs in the summer, spending about 1000 Euro (including travel costs). Breathe was a part of every show and I don't want the dvd to be distorted like the way it is planned to release. This will be the first U2 DVD tht I am not going to buy. Without Breathe -which means without the full show experience - I can also download the youtube video, aside from that the bonus material is completely loveless.
mad.gif

you can have the full concert..................thing is you have to pay extra!

I cannot! I can have a bonus track which is splitted from the rest of the gig - this is not the same at all - it is a distortion of the real gig!

if there are no new songs on this dvd there is nothing interesting to buy then

the youtube version is good enought

how can breathe be out

this DVD is OUT

Well the preview looks good to me so i'll be buying it, am i dissapointed breathe is missing? yep of course, but no way am i going to let it stop me buying a high quality blu ray version of the show,

guess some U2 fans are falling out of love with the band.

I want Breath! (not only on the Bonus-Discs!) I can't believe that the OPENER is cut out! I'm really disappointed (whatever reason there might be for not including the song - I don't care...)

I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.
BREATHE wasnt the only song played on the night that had echo on the drums mate! but then the way popmart was edited to sound perfect, im suprised they didnt take another drum track for breathe, or recorded another one!roll.gif

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

I was there too and I loved that part because it made the song longer!

My wife's favourite also, so she thinks it was a good thing too.
When he first started, it was like "oops"

Then when he went to start again it was like "Oh God!!!!"

On the third attempt when he finally got it, it was just hillarious!

I also loved the complete and utter stuff up that was Party Girl at the last Sydney show

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!roll.gif

ahh..the memories!!!!!!!.One of the Best U2 concerts ive evr been too!...........thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

I also loved the complete and utter stuff up that was Party Girl at the last Sydney show

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!
roll.gif

ahh..the memories!!!!!!!.One of the Best U2 concerts ive evr been too!...........thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

that is cool and shows they are human after all!

I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

I'm dumbfounded that Breathe is not included! Larry walking out alone and pounding away before the rest of them come out was great.

I agree, what an opener !

Even better, the Blue Ray features BD Live updating, and will upload new content to the storage on your player for the remainder of the tour!!!

Very nice.

https://u2.store2.livenat...Code=U2CFCM&sku=U2T48997

now that's interesting indeed. Hope by the time you can get it there'll be a Blu-ray version with a book etc., like the super deluxe dvd-version.

if not, the Blu-ray it'll be !

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!
roll.gif

ahh..the memories!!!!!!!.One of the Best U2 concerts ive evr been too!...........
thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

that is cool and shows they are human after all!

That is great.  That totally keeps it real.

So, they've cut Breathe, presumably because Bono screws up. So here's what I am hoping for. That they didn't cut the camera shot of Larry after Sunday Bloody Sunday after he screwed up on there. That face was priceless!