Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

[quote name='mick james wrote:

u2jackie']
hey i read this on some site where someone was talking about the dvd release and they mentioned this:

"Single-Disc Blu-ray Edition (includes exclusive BD Live bonus feature.
Video footage from the forthcoming 2010 US and European Tour will be continually updated to your player via the BD Live feature on the disc.
) SRP $21.95"

what does "BD" mean??

Like DVD just stands for Digital Video Disc  BD just stands for BluRay Disc - 

As for BDLive -  if your Blu Ray is connected to your broadband modem, on many new discs you can download extras to your BluRay player.  If a disc is marked with BDLive on the cover then this feature is avaiable.

So, you could come home and there'd be footage from a show waiting for you? That would be outstanding! But I wonder just how long it would take before they got the video ready to download. The tour might be over with by then.

The band should release an explanation of why breathe is not in the regular setlist for the dvd, maybe there is a good reason that they haven't told us. maybe they lost some of the footage from the show.

We want Breathe!!!

The opening song, the real 360° Set List launch

How can someone think about opening the show without Breathe, when we all see, how good that was !

If it doesn't change I can't think about buying this video, I will wait to record Glastonbury from BBC1 or BBC3.

I guess I am going to have to buy a bluray player....and learn what it actually does....I almost did it before for the Up movie....but now I will have to....and if ever they release U23D then a big screen/3D capable tv too....since they are coming out now too...whew...

[quote name='mick james wrote:

u2jackie']
hey i read this on some site where someone was talking about the dvd release and they mentioned this:

"Single-Disc Blu-ray Edition (includes exclusive BD Live bonus feature. Video footage from the forthcoming 2010 US and European Tour will be continually updated to your player via the BD Live feature on the disc.) SRP $21.95"

what does "BD" mean??

Like DVD just stands for Digital Video Disc  BD just stands for BluRay Disc - 

As for BDLive -  if your Blu Ray is connected to your broadband modem, on many new discs you can download extras to your BluRay player.  If a disc is marked with BDLive on the cover then this feature is avaiable.

I have a ps3, so can the content be downloaded onto it's hard drive?

The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

[quote name='Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

LOL, I quoted the wrong Monica's post :D

I think U2 have always had Region 0, haven't they? Which is cool!

Kristaps wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...=UTF8&qid=1270111496

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

http://www.amazon.com/s/r...ose+bowl&x=0&y=0

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

Amazon.co.uk  have the release as all regions if that helps although at £113.99

Hmv £107.99

and then we have the price of $40 or so! at U know where?

Me confused?

Amazon.co.uk  have the release as all regions if that helps although at £113.99

Hmv £107.99

and then we have the price of $40 or so! at U know where?

Me confused?

1. u2.com price for US super deluxe box $40 region 1 (cant use discount code also to purchase item)

2. u2.com link for UK super deluxe box takes us to amazon.co.uk £113 region 0

us ukers need an explanation as to why it costs so much over here!

so there are 2 options..................

1. like u2&i book, purchase the super deluxe item from AMAZON.COM if it comes up at $40, that way they have to sell it at that price because amazon do that. im just worried u2.com might put up the price.

2. wait for amazon.co.uk to put the price down if it is their mistake.

all in all, im very confused........................

Just looked on amazon.com and there is no indication of the price just asks you to sign up to be notified when available. Strange that on UK site can pre order but no info for US

The 360° Show started with David Bowie's "Space Oddity", then "Kingdom" and Breathe. That's the way we all saw it, live and in the stream on YouTube.

And that's the ONLY way they should put in on DVD and BD.

I really hope that the posted setlist of the DVD is wrong. Otherwise be ashamed to release a concert DVD without the beginning of the concert.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...=UTF8&qid=1270111496

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

http://www.amazon.com/s/r...ose+bowl&x=0&y=0

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3...d=1270119441&sr=1-27

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

Agree Is not a good will to release an incomplete product, why Breathe is not included in the DVD track list?? U2: be careful, consumers are not stupids.

I can't understand why Breathe is not the opening song of DVD...Are there any news of the reason ?

Without jumping to conclusions, Bono flubbed some of the opening lyrics on Breathe, so they might not want to include it based on quality standards. However, it could also be a timing issue - the Space Oddity/Kingdom of your Love intro is lengthy.

Either way - it's a poor decision. Obviously, this wouldn't need to be done for a Blu-Ray disc, but many bands have split up their long (and complete) concerts over two DVDs within a box set. U2 could certainly afford to do the same.

bajagirl has already said it could be on there afterall, cant we all just wait and see?

It's a pity, we don't really care about the fact that Bono miss the lyrics, the opening track is one of highest moment of the concert !

Everybody who has been at a 360° concert can remember this moment !

I'm really disappointed...

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3...d=1270119441&sr=1-27

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

Yeah, good job I'm not interested in the Super-Duper Deluxe version, I'll stick to the standard deluxe. That's a ridiculous price difference, and unfair given that if it comes from the states it may be the wrong region for playing in Europe. Certainly, there is a regional difference on Amazon UK. PAL, btw, corresponds to Region 2, the other to Region 1, so only PAL will play in Western Europe, unless you have a multi-region player.

bajagirl has already said it could be on there afterall, cant we all just wait and see?

No it's more important that we complain about this first.