Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

So basically, and to put it in a nutshell, so that ppl don't have to trawl through 15 pages of confusion, I will sum up your thoughts:

All are confused as to the difference in price of 40dollars vs 113pounds for the super duper deluxe extravagant 2 disc ultimate amazing box set edition of U2 Live at the Rose Bowl.

So, I'll simplify it for you:

One is the price. The other is the weight! :-P

So basically, and to put it in a nutshell, so that ppl don't have to trawl through 15 pages of confusion, I will sum up your thoughts:

All are confused as to the difference in price of 40dollars vs 113pounds for the super duper deluxe extravagant 2 disc ultimate amazing box set edition of U2 Live at the Rose Bowl.

roll.gifroll.gifNow that is funny!

Suggestion:

I think tU2 should bring out a super deluxe digital release that you buy off itunes. We could download the video in divx, the 24 page book in pdf, the poster in jpg, the setlist in html, the replica tour program in pdf and 7" vinyl in low quality mp3 (just so that you can get that authentic hissing sound).

It would cut out all the production costs associated with the box set. So the price could be cut drastically. I'd say you'd be able to download it all for 5 euro and the lads would still come out with a profit!

And the u2.com team could sell it direct from their shop with a lovely thank you message:

Thank you from the U2.com team. You're download should start shortly. Click here if it doesn't.

Mummy I have to steal this.......thumbsup.gif

according to the TOS, you can steal anything I say.. I own NOTHING that I write! tongue.gif

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

mummy']So basically, and to put it in a nutshell, so that ppl don't have to trawl through 15 pages of confusion, I will sum up your thoughts:

roll.gifroll.gifNow that is funny!

Wow do we get a free hobbit with this then? My girls will be happy!

Suggestion:

I think tU2 should bring out a super deluxe digital release that you buy off itunes. We could download the video in divx, the 24 page book in pdf, the poster in jpg, the setlist in html, the replica tour program in pdf and 7" vinyl in low quality mp3 (just so that you can get that authentic hissing sound).

It would cut out all the production costs associated with the box set. So the price could be cut drastically. I'd say you'd be able to download it all for 5 euro and the lads would still come out with a profit!

And the u2.com team could sell it direct from their shop with a lovely thank you message:

Thank you from the U2.com team. You're download should start shortly. Click here if it doesn't.

got to get it just for that low quality mp3  roll.gif

OK just checked out play.com for the new dvd and looks like you can get blur-ray or 2 disk for £17:99 or1 disk for £14:99 roll.gif

still selling super delux box set for £149 though booooo mad.gif

Still free postage if you are in the UK  :)

just spreading the word ya know!

'

Also like the price of boxset in the shop but i want breathe where it should BE!

Wow I am delighted, it has really made my day. Disappointed that Breathe is not on it, It is important, A great opener. I love when Larry goes on first & starts the drums. at least it is in the bonus features. can't wait for it . will defo be getting The deluxe box set.

[quote name='Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3...d=1270119441&sr=1-27

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

but not everyone can afford over £100 for just a dvd and some stuff. Also i got the Boxset CD version of NLOTH which came with a book and dvd of  Linear, poster and digi pack of cd and it didn't cost me anywhere near £100! (can't remember the price think it was near £50 which i don't mind paying for anything lol also got free p&p using super saver on Amazon)

Also don't tell me this is diffrent as it's a DVD do yourself a favour look at the prices of boxsets on Amazon! The Friends 15th Aniversery seasons 1 to 10 DVD Box set  was only £99:99 to start with

so yes no DVD not even U2's is worth £150

(BTW not having ago at anyone mearly proving a point! lol on and PAL  and NTC think it's something to do with how the picturer lines are on the tv or something stupid like that lol)

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

mummy']Suggestion:

got to get it just for that low quality mp3  roll.gif

nancy, the low quality mp3 is worth the price alone!  laugh.gif

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

but not everyone can afford over £100 for just a dvd and some stuff. Also i got the Boxset CD version of NLOTH which came with a book and dvd of  Linear, poster and digi pack of cd and it didn't cost me anywhere near £100! (can't remember the price think it was near £50 which i don't mind paying for anything lol also got free p&p using super saver on Amazon)

Also don't tell me this is diffrent as it's a DVD do yourself a favour look at the prices of boxsets on Amazon! The Friends 15th Aniversery seasons 1 to 10 DVD Box set  was only £99:99 to start with

(BTW not having ago at anyone mearly proving a point! lol on and PAL  and NTC think it's something to do with how the picturer lines are on the tv or something stupid like that lol)

I went to wikipedia, read this and I am now totally confused as to what the difference is in PAL and NTSC.  Maybe someone with a brain can decode what is written here and explain it to numbskulls like me:

[edit] PAL vs. NTSC

NTSC receivers have a tint control to perform colour correction manually. If this is not adjusted correctly, the colours may be faulty. The PAL standard automatically removes hue errors by utilising phase alternation of the colour signal (see technical details), so a tint control is unnecessary. Chrominance phase errors in the PAL system are cancelled out using a 1H delay line resulting in lower saturation, which is much less noticeable to the eye than NTSC hue errors.

However, the alternation of colour information — Hanover bars — can lead to picture grain on pictures with extreme phase errors even in PAL systems, if decoder circuits are misaligned or use the simplified decoders of early designs (typically to overcome royalty restrictions). In most cases such extreme phase shifts do not occur. This effect will usually be observed when the transmission path is poor, typically in built up areas or where the terrain is unfavourable. The effect is more noticeable on UHF than VHF signals as VHF signals tend to be more robust.

In the early 1970s some Japanese set manufacturers developed decoding systems to avoid paying royalties to Telefunken. The Telefunken licence covered any decoding method that relied on the alternating subcarrier phase to reduce phase errors. This included very basic PAL decoders that relied on the human eye to average out the odd/even line phase errors. One solution was to use a 1H delay line to allow decoding of only the odd or even lines. For example the chrominance on odd lines would be switched directly through to the decoder and also be stored in the delay line. Then on even lines the stored odd line would be decoded again. This method effectively converted PAL to NTSC. Such systems suffered hue errors and other problems inherent in NTSC and required the addition of a manual hue control.

PAL and NTSC have slightly divergent colour spaces, but the colour decoder differences here are ignored.

PAL supports SMPTE 498.3 while NTSC is compliant with EBU Recommendation 14.

The issue of frame rates and colour subcarriers is ignored in this technical explanation. These technical details play no direct role (except as subsystems and physical parameters) to the decoding of the signal.

Thank you Claire.  Now that I understand.  Well, a little. What I think the difference is in a nutshell is:

Pal shows less frames per second but has more lines of resolution than NTSC.

So we folk in europe see images moving slower but with greater detail than our friends in america.

aye but in HD does it really matter plus don't think it matters of you are on digital also think that regons on DVD's are to stop people buying DVD's from say America when they are first out or something stupid like that imho

whatever

just want the price of the stupid super deluxe dvd cheaper! lol

I wonder... you said imho. imho stands for in my honest opinion, right? I wonder is there such a thing as a dishonest opinion? It's just something I always wondered... any insight along with examples are appreciated imho.

honnest or humble

all though i can lie

;O)

so who knows if i'm being honest or not

haha

aye but in HD does it really matter plus don't think it matters of you are on digital also think that regons on DVD's are to stop people buying DVD's from say America when they are first out or something stupid like that imho

whatever

just want the price of the stupid super deluxe dvd cheaper! lol

BluRay also has regions.

It's a pity, we don't really care about the fact that Bono miss the lyrics, the opening track is one of highest moment of the concert !

Everybody who has been at a 360° concert can remember this moment !

I'm really disappointed...

True. I'm totally disappointed by the decision.

Oh I know that not everyone can afford 150 pounds. Personally I have no problem paying that much money however I wanna make sure that price is justified. Surely for that much money the boxset must be something really special?

So the question remains, why is the Super deluxe edition on u2.com available for approx 30 euro while on amazon.co.uk it's approx 130 euro? Who's in the wrong?

And why the boxset only has DVD when people would want to have Bluray too ....

I'd very much like the Super Delux edition to have both DVD and Bluray. At the moment I don't have BR player, but I will definitely have one in the future, so this way I wouldn't have to buy same stuff again.

those who absolutely want to pre order that are becoming a real ambarrassment, i mean it s not romantic to be stupid.

everybody follows the own heart , some have money and are bored but in my mind

The fans who can't wait the public date in june are growing up the problem between us and U2.

some say that U2 play with their fans but somewhere i start to think that they have good reasons. the temptation is too big

What is ironic about Breathe being cut is the show should've opened with Boots, its a much higher energy song than Breathe.