Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

I've decided that I'm not dissapointed, nor do I care. It's just one song, and the pricing? Well they have a cheaper version as well. So price isn't a complaint either. From the trailer it looks really good, and I have a bluray, so I'll get bluray. I don't need all the extra things that aren't video music related anyways.

'sides, I already have a NO Line boxset. I don't need a 360 boxset.

There, decision made, no need for fan emo dramatics and whining.

I've decided that I'm not dissapointed, nor do I care. It's just one song, and the pricing? Well they have a cheaper version as well. So price isn't a complaint either. From the trailer it looks really good, and I have a bluray, so I'll get bluray. I don't need all the extra things that aren't video music related anyways.

I agree - people shouldn't get all pissy and bitch because of one song.

I've decided not to make any decisions any more. Doh!

After all, the official release is in about 2 months, guys. Best thing is to relax, because these people really look like they can't do anything without putting some mistakes in it.

Thanks Baja for trying to stop the Breathe-drama, let's wait and see.

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Claire T']
maybe better for your brain

Thank you Claire.  Now that I understand.  Well, a little. What I think the difference is in a nutshell is:

Pal shows less frames per second but has more lines of resolution than NTSC.

So we folk in europe see images moving slower but with greater detail than our friends in america.

that explains alot.....

Wonder why they have removed the super delux version? i really hope they havent dropped the idea, and i really hope that they dont just add breathe to that version otherwise the bitching will increase 100%

true but what about the people who haven't seen the concert and wanna see the whole one. Personally if you gonna class something as a concert at least put the whole thing out!

Just my opinion!

maybe they are trying to sort out the deal with the price lol hope it doesn't go up in the shop now we all noticed it being cheaper!

I just pre-ordered the Blu-Ray from amazon.com.

I hope U2 will decided to either release this concert as an iTunes download (like the Milan and Joshua Tree Paris DVDs) or as a Fan Club CD because it's much harder to rip Blu-Ray audio than it is to rip DVD and I'm not getting the DVD.

Wasn't Breathe included in the super deluxe edition as bonus tracks?

Wonder why they have removed the super delux version? i really hope they havent dropped the idea, and i really hope that they dont just add breathe to that version otherwise the bitching will increase 100%

Wasn't Breathe included in the super deluxe edition as bonus tracks?

After all, the official release is in about 2 months, guys. Best thing is to relax, because these people really look like they can't do anything without putting some mistakes in it.

Thanks Baja for trying to stop the Breathe-drama, let's wait and see.

yes yes!

well thanks for some usefull info the $40 boxset has been pulled from the shop. looks like u2.com might have got the price wrong???

hmmmm if i get one think i'll get it from play.com anyways

Claire T wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

but not everyone can afford over £100 for just a dvd and some stuff. Also i got the Boxset CD version of NLOTH which came with a book and dvd of  Linear, poster and digi pack of cd and it didn't cost me anywhere near £100! (can't remember the price think it was near £50 which i don't mind paying for anything lol also got free p&p using super saver on Amazon)

Also don't tell me this is diffrent as it's a DVD do yourself a favour look at the prices of boxsets on Amazon! The Friends 15th Aniversery seasons 1 to 10 DVD Box set  was only £99:99 to start with

so yes no DVD not even U2's is worth £150

(BTW not having ago at anyone mearly proving a point! lol on and PAL  and NTC think it's something to do with how the picturer lines are on the tv or something stupid like that lol)

I went to wikipedia, read this and I am now totally confused as to what the difference is in PAL and NTSC.  Maybe someone with a brain can decode what is written here and explain it to numbskulls like me:

[edit] PAL vs. NTSC

NTSC receivers have a tint control to perform colour correction manually. If this is not adjusted correctly, the colours may be faulty. The PAL standard automatically removes hue errors by utilising phase alternation of the colour signal (see technical details), so a tint control is unnecessary. Chrominance phase errors in the PAL system are cancelled out using a 1H delay line resulting in lower saturation, which is much less noticeable to the eye than NTSC hue errors.

However, the alternation of colour information — Hanover bars — can lead to picture grain on pictures with extreme phase errors even in PAL systems, if decoder circuits are misaligned or use the simplified decoders of early designs (typically to overcome royalty restrictions). In most cases such extreme phase shifts do not occur. This effect will usually be observed when the transmission path is poor, typically in built up areas or where the terrain is unfavourable. The effect is more noticeable on UHF than VHF signals as VHF signals tend to be more robust.

In the early 1970s some Japanese set manufacturers developed decoding systems to avoid paying royalties to Telefunken. The Telefunken licence covered any decoding method that relied on the alternating subcarrier phase to reduce phase errors. This included very basic PAL decoders that relied on the human eye to average out the odd/even line phase errors. One solution was to use a 1H delay line to allow decoding of only the odd or even lines. For example the chrominance on odd lines would be switched directly through to the decoder and also be stored in the delay line. Then on even lines the stored odd line would be decoded again. This method effectively converted PAL to NTSC. Such systems suffered hue errors and other problems inherent in NTSC and required the addition of a manual hue control.

PAL and NTSC have slightly divergent colour spaces, but the colour decoder differences here are ignored.

PAL supports SMPTE 498.3 while NTSC is compliant with EBU Recommendation 14.

The issue of frame rates and colour subcarriers is ignored in this technical explanation. These technical details play no direct role (except as subsystems and physical parameters) to the decoding of the signal.

eek.gifeek.gifNever understood a word of that!laugh.gif

hmmmm if i get one think i'll get it from play.com anyways

I always compare cdwow with play because sometimes you'll find that where one is cheap, the other will be cheaper in a different item

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

mummy wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

but not everyone can afford over £100 for just a dvd and some stuff. Also i got the Boxset CD version of NLOTH which came with a book and dvd of  Linear, poster and digi pack of cd and it didn't cost me anywhere near £100! (can't remember the price think it was near £50 which i don't mind paying for anything lol also got free p&p using super saver on Amazon)

Also don't tell me this is diffrent as it's a DVD do yourself a favour look at the prices of boxsets on Amazon! The Friends 15th Aniversery seasons 1 to 10 DVD Box set  was only £99:99 to start with

so yes no DVD not even U2's is worth £150

(BTW not having ago at anyone mearly proving a point! lol on and PAL  and NTC think it's something to do with how the picturer lines are on the tv or something stupid like that lol)

I went to wikipedia, read this and I am now totally confused as to what the difference is in PAL and NTSC.  Maybe someone with a brain can decode what is written here and explain it to numbskulls like me:

[
]
PAL vs. NTSC

receivers have a
to perform colour correction manually. If this is not adjusted correctly, the colours may be faulty. The PAL standard automatically removes
errors by utilising phase alternation of the colour signal (see technical details), so a tint control is unnecessary. Chrominance phase errors in the PAL system are cancelled out using a 1H
resulting in lower saturation, which is much less noticeable to the eye than NTSC hue errors.

However, the alternation of colour information —
— can lead to picture grain on pictures with extreme phase errors even in PAL systems, if decoder circuits are misaligned or use the simplified decoders of early designs (typically to overcome royalty restrictions). In most cases such extreme phase shifts do not occur. This effect will usually be observed when the transmission path is poor, typically in built up areas or where the terrain is unfavourable. The effect is more noticeable on UHF than VHF signals as VHF signals tend to be more robust.

In the early 1970s some Japanese set manufacturers developed decoding systems to avoid paying royalties to
. The Telefunken licence covered any decoding method that relied on the alternating subcarrier phase to reduce phase errors. This included very basic PAL decoders that relied on the human eye to average out the odd/even line phase errors. One solution was to use a 1H
to allow decoding of only the odd or even lines. For example the chrominance on odd lines would be switched directly through to the decoder and also be stored in the delay line. Then on even lines the stored odd line would be decoded again. This method effectively converted PAL to NTSC. Such systems suffered hue errors and other problems inherent in NTSC and required the addition of a manual
control.
PAL and NTSC have slightly divergent
, but the colour decoder differences here are ignored.

PAL supports SMPTE 498.3 while NTSC is compliant with EBU Recommendation 14.

The issue of frame rates and colour subcarriers is ignored in this technical explanation. These technical details play no direct role (except as subsystems and physical parameters) to the decoding of the signal.

eek.gifeek.gifNever understood a word of that!laugh.gif

LOL mary, you read it all.  My mind shut down after the first sentence! roll.gif

Claire T']hmmmm if i get one think i'll get it from play.com anyways

I always compare cdwow with play because sometimes you'll find that where one is cheap, the other will be cheaper in a different item

yes but there's already 51% off Blue-ray and 2 disk  and free P&P in the UK that's if i decied to get it gonna wait untill other people have got it lol i'm in NO rush to buy this DVD one bit unless a few things change

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

yes but there's already 51% off Blue-ray and 2 disk  and free P&P in the UK that's if i decied to get it gonna wait untill other people have got it lol i'm in NO rush to buy this DVD one bit unless a few things change

i am in no rush to purchase it too. it can wait, there are more important things to be spending my money. ill just pre-order the deluxe 2 dvd set and get the big box for xmas!laugh.gif

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

how do they give a reduction like that on something that has not even been released?  weird. ohwell.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

i am in no rush to purchase it too. it can wait, there are more important things to be spending my money. ill just pre-order the deluxe 2 dvd set and get the big box for xmas!laugh.gif

you not going to get the single cd for your birthday and the blue ray for the anniversary of the date you became a u2 fan!? tongue.gif

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

i am in no rush to purchase it too. it can wait, there are more important things to be spending my money. ill just pre-order the deluxe 2 dvd set and get the big box for xmas!
laugh.gif

you not going to get the single cd for your birthday and the blue ray for the anniversary of the date you became a u2 fan!? tongue.gif

hey..............

my birthday is in june!

and i became a fan after live aid in july 85!

niceone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!