Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

and you wonder why they don t live in Ireland more than 6 months a year don t u ?

Actarus, do you ever read your own posts back and think "what in the crap is that guy I am on about?"

What does any of this have to do with the boys living in Ireland?

Hang on, I've worked it out!

It's because they're at your house having a six month long pizza and strippers party!!!!

Awesome!

And Basher, I'm looking forward to the U2360 Flipbook, Stereoscope, Smoke Signals and Cave Painting Special Editions.

The only way to get back at U2 for this insane idea to not include Breathe is to not buy the DVD. Any of the formats. If you really need to watch it just download it. I'm sorry to have to say this but we need to send a clear message to U2 that the cannot just take their dedicated and loyal fans for granted. There is no reason to have more than 1 version. Just have 1 completed deluxe version for a price of $19.99 U.S.

lalalala it's like the bus stops around my house always waiting then you know two come at once

The lonely Poptart in a field of daisies comment made me laugh.  Thanks for that.  I've never seen it before so maybe you came up with it.  If so, jolly good.  If not, jolly good in any event.  Being made to laugh is a precious gift.

U2 360 Scientific Special Edition.

scientist-using-microscope_pe006898.jpg?t=1270605180

U2 360 Medieval Tapestry Limited Edition

tapestry.jpg?t=1270604241

stereoscope.jpg?t=1270603554

roll.gifGeez, Mick!  It's after midnight for me and I'm trying to wind down and you've got these coming one after the other!  roll.gif

On front page now.

So they don't mention anything about a super-deluxe, and for some ridiculous reson Breath is included but as an extra on the Blu-Ray and deluxe DVD. WTF???

The intro song for nearly every show as an extra?

Here we go again; and while we've still fresh wounds from the "Purple Vinyl Three Album" stab in the back. I'm not trying to bring it up again but it's a good way of stating how disenfranchised many of us diehard U2 fans are feeling these days.  From the "Windows in the Skies" being only on the U218 cd.  Most of of us already having all the songs on that cd and only want "Windows" but you have to buy the whole package for that one song, etc.  I love this band, they are my favorite.  I've been treated quite well here on U2.com.  I don't understand how these stupid decisions get made.  Not having the opening song of the tour on the DVD of said tour?  Downright idiotic.  It hurts to say this because I love what U2 stands for, however; more and more it seems to stand for squeezing every single penny out of us fans.  (as is possible)  If this was one incident, I would let it go but it's not just one.  It keeps increasing. This isn't even mentioning how bummed I am that Breathe would not be on the DVD. Unless, of course, I buy the "deluxe" edition.  It's such a kick-ass song and was the opening song of the show.  Take out the money factor and it makes absolutely no sense why they would not include Breathe, at least to me.

This is just my opinion and is meant humbly.  If it comes across otherwise, please forgive that.  I still can't wait for the show in July in Chicago.  Chicago+Summer+U2 live in concert= Heaven for me and many others I should think.  I'm so so excited. Please Please Please do Bad!  (and Gone and and Kite and Gloria and Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and  Desire (the full band version) and Electrical Storm (full band version again please as hardly any of us have seen that one live) and White as Snow)  More than anything:  Bad, please!

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

mick james']And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

ROTFLMAO...I mean really, I can't stop laughing when I read this..now there's a tear in my eye!!

I agree.  That was hysterical. ROFLMAO here too!

I don't want to whine; I already did that about the whole purple vinyl exclusive package thingeee.

I am quite bummed I will have to pay extra to get Breathe live. I'm also bummed that it rather ruins the flow that is a live concert experience. So I shall play Breathe first, then start the main DVD concert and pretend that's how it happened when I saw them in Chicago. I'm somewhat irritated but more than anything, I am baffled as to why they would take the opening song of the largest tour they've ever done and make it an extra? HUH? I don't get it but I'm happy to know that in early June I shall have the DVD. Then I have around a month to watch it before I get to see the next leg live in Chicago. Chicago+Summer+U2 live in concert=HEAVEN!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bflorendo']I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.

Come on man, they would have done a full multi track recording of the entire gig that was separate from the live mix that went to air - which would have also been separate again from the FOH mix.

It would have been recorded separately to multitrack hard disck recorders like every other pro concert DVD reocrding.

The DVD audio would have been recorded and will be mixed completley independantly of what you heard on the broadcast.

You should know that.

Bono just doesn't want to say he wants a cock or two or whatever he flubbed on the opening of the new disc.

Could have easily been fixed in post with a simple re-record of that line, and a camera angle that wasn't on Bono's face. Like they did on Rattle and Hum.

Nothing to do with Joe's tap delay setting.

do you honestly belive U2 would record any DVD just to stereo?

Or to ambient mics?

ROTFLMAO.  You got me laughing hysterically once again.  Thanks Mick James.

BREAKING NEWS FROM atu2.com!!!!!

Bono announces that with the profits from the new U2360 Deluxe Boxset, that he is going to have his body fully replaced with gold.

goldbono.png?t=1270010847

This way, he figures he'll weigh more in pounds than the price of the boxset.

"Hey Bono, did you have a haircut or something?"

"LOOK CLOSER LENNY!"

You got me again.  where do you come up with this stuff?  i just stopped caring about Breathe not starting the dvd of the tour.  Doesn't make sense but you sure made it better. uno dos tres tiempos!

badgirl56
for me it was ..Bowie and Space Oddity,...3-4 mins..heart pounding,,,smoke.....getting to the end of it......then Kingdom..cheers....Larry..Larry pounding....heart almost stopping..then Bono as you say Zhivvy..BOUNCING to that Mic!!!!!!!........

That is a great way of putting it.  I wouldn't mind if it was a different song although I'm not gonna name one.  (for national security reasons)  Breathe is such a kick-ass song and made such a great opener even though I didn't get that until I first saw it.  All the build up and such gets lost with it being a bonus track.  Still very excited here and the timing couldn't be better for here as the Chicago show is a month later.  Watch the dvd, get super excited, drive to Chicago and see U2. What a great day that shall be.

U2 360 Scientific Special Edition.

scientist-using-microscope_pe006898.jpg?t=1270605180

My cornflakes have just been spat out on my mac! Lol! so funny!

It is such a dumb idea not to start this DVD with Larry's walk on and Breathe. I cannot believe Breathe is just a bonus track! Sad.
We don't know yet if Larry's walk has been cut off. Could be just as well that they've edited it to look that he walks on the stage, sits down and starts Boots.

The only way to get back at U2 for this insane idea to not include Breathe is to not buy the DVD. Any of the formats. If you really need to watch it just download it. I'm sorry to have to say this but we need to send a clear message to U2 that the cannot just take their dedicated and loyal fans for granted. There is no reason to have more than 1 version. Just have 1 completed deluxe version for a price of $19.99 U.S.
No, let's have just one complete super delux edition for $119.99.

I like it when bands release single DVD and delux versions. That way I can buy only the DVD of the show without all the extra stuff. I'd never buy Metallica - Orgullo Pasion Y Gloria: Tres Noches En Mexico DVD+2CDs because I'm not interested in the CDs, but only in the DVD. But since there is a single DVD version out, I will buy it.

Erm i would rather buy it and enjoy it thanks.

Mick james you're the next best thing to max tsukino!

lovin these photoshop deluxe editions mate.

Mick james you're the next best thing to max tsukino!

lovin these photoshop deluxe editions mate.

me too.....

[quote name='mick james wrote:

actarus']and you wonder why they don t live in Ireland more than 6 months a year don t u ?

Actarus, do you ever read your own posts back and think "what in the crap is that guy I am on about?"

What does any of this have to do with the boys living in Ireland?

Hang on, I've worked it out!

It's because they're at your house having a six month long pizza and strippers party!!!!

Awesome!

And Basher, I'm looking forward to the U2360 Flipbook, Stereoscope, Smoke Signals and Cave Painting Special Editions.

I'll have a cave painting and a stereoscope please and is there going to be a special release of jelly tots????

Do you consider yourself a "loyal and dedicated fan" then? Some might say that advocating a boycott of U2's releases would suggest otherwise.

Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.

Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.

Wow fantastic first post!

I still can't believe that they have cut in the London-audience. Lame Rose Bowl fans? And this Vertigo-Clip is cut together from different shows too. Funny how the video screen is rolled out at 1:00 and then moments later rolled in. Ha, ha, ha. And Bono's lips doesn't match to the vocals. Hamish Hamilton's U2 DVD's were crap but this is even worse. P.S. And to cut the opener is a shame. Good night. PSS. I still love U2!