Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

[quote name='Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

actarus']find a job looser

I'm sorry but we are not programmed to function in that area.

I mean, looser? What is he loosing?

Nothang like a pourly spilt ensult to get you going huh Punth?

And I like Playbot Monsion.

I'm just giving you a hard time since your status is Playboy Mansion.

Mate, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, and folks did you know that Panth is a Rick Astley fan?

panthastley.jpg?t=1270742875

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

By the time you click this link a virus will have uploaded into your computer causing it to become sentient and take over the whole of Australia, causing all the beer to dry up.

Then kangaroos and dingos will rise up and become the dominant Australian species.

[quote name='Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

By the time you click this link a virus will have uploaded into your computer causing it to become sentient and take over the whole of Australia, causing all the beer to dry up.

Then kangaroos and dingos will rise up and become the dominant Australian species.

Kangaroos have been in charge here for years now

signs_12.jpg

Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

mick james wrote:

Panth wrote:

Kangaroos have been in charge here for years now

signs_12.jpg

I totally believe that.

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

mick james wrote:

Claire T wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nancy_Hanks wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

spacko']I still can't believe that they have cut in the London-audience. Lame Rose Bowl fans? And this Vertigo-Clip is cut together from different shows too. Funny�how the video�screen�is�rolled out at 1:00 and then moments later rolled in. Ha, ha, ha. And Bono's�lips doesn't match to the vocals. Hamish Hamilton's U2 DVD's were crap but this is even worse. P.S. And�to�cut�the opener is a shame. Good night. PSS. I still love U2!

How can you call the DVD crap based on a trailer? my god some U2 fans really do like to whine and moan.

��
I think he is referring to the Vertigo clip, not the trailer. �It was just posted yesterday�
It's not the first time they've spruced up concert footage though, they added a pile of Melbourne crowd shots, and soundcheck close ups for U2 3D, and rerecorded loads of overdubs for Rattle And Hum.

oh honestly who cares I don't as i saw purple sparkly bass

lol

nothing is ever simple with U2 is it!

Never!

I really don't mind if they try to make their movies as nice as they want them to look. Funny thing is we're still a fair while away from this thing even coming out.

As long as it makes for a rocking DVD it's all fine with me!

As long as it doesn't sound like this we'll all be fine

roll.gifGood God, that's hilarious! �

Yeah, as long as it looks and sounds good I don't care how many pieces it's made up of.

roll.gifOMG ROFLMAO

it's one of them things though if nothing was said no one would have been any the wiser!

I still can't believe that they have cut in the London-audience. Lame Rose Bowl fans? And this Vertigo-Clip is cut together from different shows too. Funny how the video screen is rolled out at 1:00 and then moments later rolled in. Ha, ha, ha. And Bono's lips doesn't match to the vocals. Hamish Hamilton's U2 DVD's were crap but this is even worse. P.S. And to cut the opener is a shame. Good night. PSS. I still love U2!
How do you know they cut in the London audience?  Did I miss something?  I watched the clip, although not intently, and I couldn't tell where the audience was from.  I was there, but I'm sure you won't see me in the audience anyway so...  I noticed the vocals were out of sync with the video, but I'm sure they'll have it worked out on the dvd.  Cutting Breathe really sucks as that's one of my favorite songs on NLOTH as well as one of my favorite moments from the Rose Bowl show!  Maybe they'll take notice of this thread (at least the beginning of it!) and add it back in!  I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath.

H

Its a Trailer ,the orginal trailer had get on your boots live but it wasnt all in sync because they were showing different clips from the gig which is what they have done here , its not going to be in sync because its showing different clips , the dvd gig will be different.

Its a Trailer ,the orginal trailer had get on your boots live but it wasnt all in sync because they were showing different clips from the gig which is what they have done here , its not going to be in sync because its showing different clips , the dvd gig will be different.
I believe spacko is referring to the Vertigo clip that is available only to subscribers. They don't call it a trailer they say "Catch this video exclusive for our U2.com subscribers - Vertigo performed live at the Rose Bowl from the forthcoming DVD."  

I'm sure the released DVD will be in synch and a beautiful production, but it's a bit annoying to watch this clip. If you're a subscriber, here's the link   http://www.u2.com/news/title/hello-hello

thought i would just post my disgust at the £108 price for a deluxe dvd that is a feckin scandal. Some one was getting slagged off earlier because they dared to suggest an idea of a boycott even though it was only there 1st post. What the feck has that got to do with anything? I` ve been amember since the Propaganda days and just because i dont post does not mean i don`t have strong views on U2. For the first time i very nearly did not renew my membership this year because of the way the U2 corporation is trying to bleed the fans dry and this dvd price proves my point more than ever. The exclusion of "Breathe" defies belief but to then use it as an "add on" takes the biscuit. Sure i will probably get some smart alec answers like "if you don`t like it dont buy it" etc but if you have read U2 by U2 as most people on hear have then you will remember the days when the band drove from concert to concert in an old decrepit van to build up a fan base in usa and also slept in it as well. Now we have to pay an ever increasing annual subscription just to give us first crack at extortionate tickets and we get "exclusive" video clips that last roughly 15 seconds of Adam picking his nose or Edge cutting his toenails. Long gone are the days when we will get a quality "b side" song such as "Walk To The Water" or "Heartbreak Hotel" instead we get crap remixes of already released songs. Every new song is a prisoner, and we get unreleased stuff like "Disappearing Act" to promote digitally remastered albums like "Unforgettable Fire" .No way am i saying U2 are alone in this but in the advent of illegal downloading their management company seem to be trying to fast track their way to the money they think they have lost over the last few years. If the band are in control of a lot of things, as they claim, then they must surely be aware of the £108 price of this de-luxe dvd version and if they are and have given this the go-ahead along with the exclusion of "Breathe" then they have finally lost touch with the majority of their fan base and also with the real reason they started to play together--to let ordinary people enjoy their music. Let the torrent of abuse begin.

Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.
It's as much live as is Milan DVD (half of it's missing), ZooTV (a song missing), Slane (1 song missing), Chicago/Boston (a mix of several nights).  

Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.
It's as much live as is Milan DVD (half of it's missing), ZooTV (a song missing), Slane (1 song missing), Chicago/Boston (a mix of several nights).  

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Doug Sloan']Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.

were any the first song though?

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Doug Sloan']Totally rediculous Breathe is not included with the single "live concert only" dvd...how call it be described as the "live concert" when they delete the opening song! Pathetic marketing ploy to try and upsell you to the double DVD edition where they list it as a "bonus track."...ITS THE FIRST SONG!!! . Perhaps they need to make up the millions LOST in BONO'S Wall St investments.

On the Paris DVD we got with the Joshua tree remaster it was missing about 2 of the opening songs!

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

On the Paris DVD we got with the Joshua tree remaster it was missing about 2 of the opening songs!Although what you say is true, the 2 songs cut off the beginning were Stand By Me and C'mon Everybody.

Both covers.

Cutting 2 covers off a DVD that came in a rare box-set is a bit different than cutting the opening track off a widely released DVD.

Can you imagine if they'd cut Zoo Staion from Live in Sydney or Mofo from Live In Mexico?

Even U23D felt kinda wrong when it skipped City Of Blinding Lights

I think it's nice you feel compelled to stick up for the DVD Kev, and you're right, it's really not that big of a deal.

But even you have to admit that it's pretty feckin stupid.

I've read where many people are upset with the band these days and this new dvd thing excluding Breathe does not help any. I read a lot of complaints about the price of the dvd. I just looked and the 2 dvd set is $21.95, less my 25% paid subscriber discount brings the price to around $16.50 for a double concert dvd and extras. I don't think that is an outrageous price. Most currently released double dvd

with the extras are more expensive. If you don't qualify for the discount, I still don't think that the original price of $21.95 is out of line. It'll probably be more in the stores when it hits them. If you go and buy it at one of those ridiculous music stores in any mall in America, you will definitely pay much more.

As for the super duper deluxe version, I think those are put together for people who have enough money to not only buy it, but follow them across continents. Why can't I be one of those? j/k I am interested to see what is in that version to make it so expensive but I can't find the contents. Maybe I missed them somewhere.

I was really critical of the purple vinyl package. I will not reiterate my issues with that but I saw they are offering it in the U2.com store so I presume one would get his or her 25% discount on that so at least we paid subscribers got thrown a bone and I mean that without sarcasm. Although I still don't like the concept. Once I see them in July none of this is gonna matter anyway! I'm super excited for the next leg.

this is completely off topic and i apologize but this is a hot topic right now and is getting lots of reads. what happened to Scottsdale? I have many great live shows on cd because of him. anyone know? i haven't seen anything of him for a long time.

I've read where many people are upset with the band these days and this new dvd thing excluding Breathe does not help any. I read a lot of complaints about the price of the dvd. I just looked and the 2 dvd set is $21.95, less my 25% paid subscriber discount brings the price to around $16.50 for a double concert dvd and extras. I don't think that is an outrageous price. Most currently released double dvd

with the extras are more expensive. If you don't qualify for the discount, I still don't think that the original price of $21.95 is out of line. It'll probably be more in the stores when it hits them. If you go and buy it at one of those ridiculous music stores in any mall in America, you will definitely pay much more.

As for the super duper deluxe version, I think those are put together for people who have enough money to not only buy it, but follow them across continents. Why can't I be one of those? j/k I am interested to see what is in that version to make it so expensive but I can't find the contents. Maybe I missed them somewhere.

I was really critical of the purple vinyl package. I will not reiterate my issues with that but I saw they are offering it in the U2.com store so I presume one would get his or her 25% discount on that so at least we paid subscribers got thrown a bone and I mean that without sarcasm. Although I still don't like the concept. Once I see them in July none of this is gonna matter anyway! I'm super excited for the next leg.

Hi mate!  I haven't tried myself yet, but as far as I can tell based on the experience of others, you cannot use the 25% subscriber discount on the Artificial Horizon Vinyl or the new DVD.

Just out of interest did you just calculate the discount on the DVD or did you pre-order and get the discount?

They may have changed it so the discount can be used, which would be nice.

Cheers

kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

On the Paris DVD we got with the Joshua tree remaster it was missing about 2 of the opening songs!
Although what you say is true, the 2 songs cut off the beginning were Stand By Me and C'mon Everybody.

Both covers.

Cutting 2 covers off a DVD that came in a rare box-set is a bit different than cutting the opening track off a widely released DVD.

Can you imagine if they'd cut Zoo Staion from Live in Sydney or Mofo from Live In Mexico?

I think it's nice you feel compelled to stick up for the DVD Kev, and you're right, it's really not that big of a deal.

But regardless of the song they cut, the release doesn't suddently stop being a "live concert". This was the point of my reply.

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

mick james wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Although what you say is true, the 2 songs cut off the beginning were Stand By Me and C'mon Everybody.

Both covers.

But regardless of the song they cut, the release doesn't suddently stop being a "live concert". This was the point of my reply.

You're right Kris, and as said by yourself and others, nearly every U2 DVD has suffered an edit or two.

But as for cutting the intro of a concert, do you agree that's there's a big difference between cutting some covers from the intro of a Joshua Tree DVD (a limited release), where the setlists changed often and there wasn't a major visual element, and cutting the opening song (not a cover) of the new widely released 360 DVD - the song that opened every single show bar one, and was a pivotal visual element of the show?

The songs cut from Paris were due to copyright, and weren't included as extras either, and how many fans will tell you that the thing they remember about the JT tour, was the night they opened with Stand By Me?

Kristaps wrote:

mick james wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Both covers.

You're right Kris, and as said by yourself and others, nearly every U2 DVD has suffered an edit or two.

But as for cutting the intro of a concert, do you agree that's there's a big difference between cutting some covers from the intro of a Joshua Tree DVD (a limited release), where the setlists changed often and there wasn't a major visual element, and cutting the opening song (not a cover) of the new widely released 360 DVD - the song that opened every single show bar one, and was a pivotal visual element of the show?

The songs cut from Paris were due to copyright, and weren't included as extras either, and how many fans will tell you that the thing they remember about the JT tour, was the night they opened with Stand By Me?

they cut streets off paris too.

Yeah, of course cutting the first song from the show is way worse, especially if that song song has been played in that spot on every show of the tour.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

mick james wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Both covers.

they cut streets off paris too.Oddly enough, it was one of the rare JT gigs where they didn't play it at all.

Can you imagine a U2 gig without Streets? Madness!! lol

http://u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=19870704

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

mick james wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Both covers.

they cut streets off paris too.
Oddly enough, it was one of the rare JT gigs where they didn't play it at all.

Can you imagine a U2 gig without Streets? Madness!! lol

http://u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=19870704

weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe edge forgot his effects that day!