Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

roflmao...laugh.gif  That is brilliant!

[quote name='katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

I was there too and I loved that part because it made the song longer!

My wife's favourite also, so she thinks it was a good thing too.

[quote name='Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james']And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

Haha, now that is funny! And no, I've learnt my lesson, if I could trade my son in on this dvd I would probably still have to pay part of the price.

I would be happy to trade him for one similar to my daughter though.

Edited bit:

Geeze I'm a dick sometimes, was still laughing about your last post when I said the above.

The correct answer is yes, Chicago and Miami

Very nice. I really enjoyed seeing the boys in the US.  Seen them in London and Dublin too in 2001

Still hoping we get some kind of Oz tour though.

They did promise they'd come back!

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

mick james']And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

roflmao...laugh.gif  That is brilliant!

but that's why we love our Bono huh?laugh.gif

[quote name='Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

My wife's favourite also, so she thinks it was a good thing too.When he first started, it was like "oops"

Then when he went to start again it was like "Oh God!!!!"

On the third attempt when he finally got it, it was just hillarious!

I also loved the complete and utter stuff up that was Party Girl at the last Sydney show

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!roll.gif

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

When he first started, it was like "oops"

I also loved the complete and utter stuff up that was Party Girl at the last Sydney show

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!roll.gif

He goes on and on!!  But I love it!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

katiemai wrote:

Dominic & Jill wrote:

mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']

When he first started, it was like "oops"

Bono " Oh dear....."

Oh dear indeed!roll.gif

��    This is hysterical! They just kept going with it instead of saying 'oh screw it' and moving on to another song.  This is why Springsteen, and others, use lyric teleprompters.

And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

OMG this is priceless...LMAO

I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

I'm dumbfounded that Breathe is not included! Larry walking out alone and pounding away before the rest of them come out was great.

I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

I'm dumbfounded that Breathe is not included! Larry walking out alone and pounding away before the rest of them come out was great.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=503770 eil 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/360%C2%B0-Rose-Bowl-Super-Deluxe/dp/B003ELOQCU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1270008266&sr=1-4 amazon £110 ....thats with 25% off! :/

I hope they included that funny "get up off your big, fat ass" direction from Bono as well as his charming sound effects between Elevation and IALW.

BREAKING NEWS FROM atu2.com!!!!!

Bono announces that with the profits from the new U2360 Deluxe Boxset, that he is going to have his body fully replaced with gold.

goldbono.png?t=1270010847

This way, he figures he'll weigh more in pounds than the price of the boxset.

"Hey Bono, did you have a haircut or something?"

"LOOK CLOSER LENNY!"

On U2.com shop the SUPER DELUX costs mere $US 40 and it has the following contents:

Contains:

- 2 DVD

- 24 page book

- Poster

- Set-list

- Replica Tour Programme

- 7" Vinyl

Tracklisting:

1. Get On Your Boots

2. Magnificent

3. Mysterious Ways

4. Beautiful Day

5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

6. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

7. No Line On The Horizon

8. Elevation

9. In A Little While

10. Unknown Caller

11. Until the End of the World

12. The Unforgettable Fire

13. City of Blinding Lights

14. Vertigo

15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

16. Sunday Bloody Sunday

17. MLK

18. Walk On

19. One

20. Where The Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

22. With Or Without You

23. Moment Of Surrender

I'd like to pre-order one now ASAP!

On U2.com shop the SUPER DELUX costs mere $US 40 and it has the following contents:

Contains:

- 2 DVD

- 24 page book

- Poster

- Set-list

- Replica Tour Programme

- 7" Vinyl

Tracklisting:

1. Get On Your Boots

2. Magnificent

3. Mysterious Ways

4. Beautiful Day

5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

6. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

7. No Line On The Horizon

8. Elevation

9. In A Little While

10. Unknown Caller

11. Until the End of the World

12. The Unforgettable Fire

13. City of Blinding Lights

14. Vertigo

15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

16. Sunday Bloody Sunday

17. MLK

18. Walk On

19. One

20. Where The Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

22. With Or Without You

23. Moment Of Surrender

I'd like to pre-order one now ASAP!

That makes a lot more sense.

I wonder where these ridiculous amazon prces came from??

$40 is completley reasonable for a nice DVD package.

Check out the posted videos on youtube, i bet the reason "breathe" isn't not on the dvd is because Bono messed up the "cockatoo "part of the song. The last three full concerts on dvd were taken from two shows for each concert dvd, so they had  two takes for every song. Since they shot a single show live for the original broadcast, any mistakes couldn't be edited as seamlessly. I don't agree with the decision to scratch the first song just because of a mistake, but i think i get where they're coming from.

I seriously hope that they release a CD set of this DVD as the next Fan Club gift. I like the live cd sets better than the last two Fan Club CDs. But I was glad to see the live version of "I'll Go Crazy" on Artificial Horizon.

Anyone from u2.com I can contact for this request?

I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.

Bono makes small mistakes at like every concert, i'm not surprised he made a mistake at this one also. I love U2 because if they make a mistake they shrug it off and play their best. I can't speak for all U2 fans, but i believe most people don't like them because they never make a mistake, it's because they have alot of great songs. I bet 99 percent of fans would rather have Bono butcher a line in a concert dvd than have the intro of the concert taken out of the dvd.This may actually hurt sales.

I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.
Come on man, they would have done a full multi track recording of the entire gig that was separate from the live mix that went to air - which would have also been separate again from the FOH mix.

It would have been recorded separately to multitrack hard disck recorders like every other pro concert DVD reocrding.

The DVD audio would have been recorded and will be mixed completley independantly of what you heard on the broadcast.

You should know that.

Bono just doesn't want to say he wants a cock or two or whatever he flubbed on the opening of the new disc.

Could have easily been fixed in post with a simple re-record of that line, and a camera angle that wasn't on Bono's face. Like they did on Rattle and Hum.

Nothing to do with Joe's tap delay setting.

do you honestly belive U2 would record any DVD just to stereo?

Or to ambient mics?