Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

[quote name='jojes wrote:

surrenders']I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

I'm dumbfounded that Breathe is not included! Larry walking out alone and pounding away before the rest of them come out was great.

I agree, what an opener !

I agree its this part that gives us Goosebumps!.........ohwell.gif

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

surrenders']I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

I'm dumbfounded that Breathe is not included! Larry walking out alone and pounding away before the rest of them come out was great.

I agree its this part that gives us Goosebumps!.........ohwell.gif

still get those crazy goosebums when I think about being in the Arena in Amsterdam ... first the countdown ... Larry getting on stage, all by himself, starting to play ... all of us knowing the rest of them were about to arrive ... magnificent !

I am so counting down to the next concerts !

I was really excited about the DVD coming out, since I only saw the 1st song on the youtube version. How ironic that the one song I saw is not on the DVD version. Not a good decision........

badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

I agree its this part that gives us Goosebumps!.........
ohwell.gif

still get those crazy goosebums when I think about being in the Arena in Amsterdam ... first the countdown ... Larry getting on stage, all by himself, starting to play ... all of us knowing the rest of them were about to arrive ... magnificent !

I am so counting down to the next concerts !I have so many clips of breathe at the start in so many shows on youtube - how can they not show the start of a show - the build up, the band coming onto the stage and then Bono just bouncing to that microphone - not fair!!

And I know others have said it but amazon and play have dvd deluxe boxset for £150 (or discount at amazon) and $40 on here? So odd!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jojes']

I have so many clips of breathe at the start in so many shows on youtube - how can they not show the start of a show - the build up, the band coming onto the stage and then Bono just bouncing to that microphone - not fair!!

And I know others have said it but amazon and play have dvd deluxe boxset for £150 (or discount at amazon) and $40 on here? So odd!

who knows Zhiv, maybe they've included a very special extra in the set on Amazon ... an apron maybe ? 

roll.gif

jojes wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

ohwell.gif

I have so many clips of breathe at the start in so many shows on youtube - how can they not show the start of a show - the build up, the band coming onto the stage and then Bono just bouncing to that microphone - not fair!!

for me it was ..Bowie and Space Oddity,...3-4 mins..heart pounding,,,smoke.....getting to the end of it......then Kingdom..cheers....Larry..Larry pounding....heart almost stopping..then Bono as you say Zhivvy..BOUNCING to that Mic!!!!!!!........

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes']

who knows Zhiv, maybe they've included a very special extra in the set on Amazon ... an apron maybe ? 

roll.gifPlease!!! tongue.gif And seen it is released 6 days before my birthday - guess what i am asking the birthday fairies for!

jojes wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes']

roll.gifPlease!!! tongue.gif And seen it is released 6 days before my birthday - guess what i am asking the birthday fairies for!

who knows ... maybe the fairies will be very kind and bring you the man to go with the apron ... Big red ribbon around his head ... huge bunch of flowers in his hand ... wearing the apron ... 

roll.gif

Without Breath at the beginning this release is incomplete - it takes a number of songs to get into the concert mood instead of being in it from the beginning.

Artisticly this is a castration and catastrophy and shame.

How about "keeping it real"?

How about "art of the moment instead of artificiality of the edit"?

I was very much looking forward to this release after being on your tour, but now I am very disappointed.

I still would have bought this release immediately on the first day if they "only" would have removed a song in the middle or at the end of the show - now this is a no-buy-item unless I find it for very low price a few months later (second hand?).

Other solutions like two versions of the concert on the disc would have been an option (edited one starts when you put the disc in but you can choose the full one with Breath via the menue; single disc without Breath the masses, limited deluxe edition with Breath at the beginning for the fans; ...) but THIS is not a good choice.

Everyone who hasn't attended a concert might not care but everyone who has been at a show this or last year should yell out "NO, NOT THIS WAY, PLEASE!" at U2.

Thanks, but no, thanks, U2!

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes']

roll.gif
Please!!!
tongue.gif
 And seen it is released 6 days before my birthday - guess what i am asking the birthday fairies for!

who knows ... maybe the fairies will be very kind and bring you the man to go with the apron ... Big red ribbon around his head ... huge bunch of flowers in his hand ... wearing the apron ... 

roll.gifNow I really am looking forwards to my birthday!

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

surrenders']

I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

ohwell.gif

for me it was ..Bowie and Space Oddity,...3-4 mins..heart pounding,,,smoke.....getting to the end of it......then Kingdom..cheers....Larry..Larry pounding....heart almost stopping..then Bono as you say Zhivvy..BOUNCING to that Mic!!!!!!!........

You all describe it perfectly -- got my heart racing and the goosebumps... Time for a petition Mick?

I see that Breathe is included as a BONUS track..... this is the opener to the concert, surely this should be included in the track listing? Your Blue Room should be the bonus!!!!

Stiffler914

mick james wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

mich40']

Ok, but the announcement didn't answer the $1,000,000 question or at least the 113GBP question. What is in the Super Deluxe?????

A voucher for Larry to mow your front yard.

(awaits Zhivs double entendre)

As if I would Mick! what type of girl do you take me for? I am a respectable teacher, teaching the future of our world the right and wrongs of the human race and how to say it in good English too!!
laugh.gif

And does Larry have a Brazilian mower?
tongue.gif
 You made me say it Mick!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

It's true, but I think our Mary out ruded-you!!!!!
laugh.gif

Just read her post - yes she wins!!!! You see, my mind is innocent!laugh.gifAnd Mick you are such a bad boy! You know none of our minds went there until you mentioned the double entendre.

Ahhh Zhivvy "a Brazilian mower"! and Mary only thinking of Bono's weary bone.. ROTFLMAO

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

ohwell.gif

Could not have said it better, myself.happy.gif

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jojes wrote:

surrenders']

I don't see the prices of this DVD that you're commenting on. Am I blind?

ohwell.gif

You all describe it perfectly -- got my heart racing and the goosebumps... Time for a petition Mick?

We need it on there! It shows Bono for what he was truly born for - to perform, to make that grand entrance, to capture tens of thousands of people in the palm of his hand and give us head to toe goosebumps!

We need it on there! It shows Bono for what he was truly born for - to perform, to make that grand entrance, to capture tens of thousands of people in the palm of his hand and give us head to toe goosebumps!

exactly !  and what a performance it always is !

if they keep on doin' things like that , U2 won 't last the summer

I'm glad u2.com confirmed everything now, and Im ok with the price of the box set and what it comes with, it comes out a day b4 my b-day so maybe ill use some of my birthday cash to get it! lol :D

It comes out on my birthday and I'm happy about that, but I'm very disappointed with U2 :(

would like a Deluxe version of the Blu-Ray with all the swag that comes with the Deluxe DVD set.

WEll that's it. I'm going to spite all the whining U2 fans and buy this DVD on Blu Ray, and the super deluxe box 2 DVD thingy.

Out of fucking spite.

Well the preview looks good to me so i'll be buying it, am i dissapointed breathe is missing? yep of course, but no way am i going to let it stop me buying a high quality blu ray version of the show,

guess some U2 fans are falling out of love with the band.

Some? SOME?! You new here? You are aren't you.

Hey, Gemini, the DVD 2b released 5 days before my birthday! (Most years it's Radiohead releasing a CD right about then and touring)

Well, on a related note of "stuff ups" no one has mentioned the gibberish at the end of the 360 remix of Boots on Artificial Horizon - a limited albeit-official release.

As the song winds down, there's a Relax/two Tribes reprise. first Bono seems to believe in his heart they are the same song, and I love that they admit where the inspiration derives. Yet, how can someone not know the lyrics of songs that have only a handful of words?

I listened to this umpteen times and always left shaking my head.

"When two tribes go to war....

Boys and you got nev -ah"

(instead of "Money's all that you can score")