Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

............if the u2.com price is right, great, but the programme alone cost what $20 odd? i dont know. and you get the programme, setlist, all the other stuff for $40?!?! really?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

monica martino']OMG what a mess here if you are right Mac

I see no reason for those crazy prices, don't you?

to be honest mon, im just about getting sick and tired now of u2 charging an arm and a leg for this campaign. we had the super deluxe box sets of no line, which i purchase, seems like a good item to own, only to find you can still purchase them.

the double subbing in a year on here, the vinyl offer, and now the price of the super deluxe costing £150.

oh i forgot the 4 different versions of unforgettable fire remaster this year.

all these super deluxe packages also are distracting from the main item. the dvd.

so far all i have read is complaints, no breathe and the cost of the super deluxe, where no one has said anything really exciting about it.

and u2's money making is starting to really piss me off. (im not moaning, its my feelings towards them right now)

Hang on a min, for one we have already been told there is a chance Breathe will be on there after all, i have only ever renewed my membership once a year and have had no problems what so ever, the price of the suprer delux is $40 as per the official site, yet your still making the choice to moan about it being £140 on a site that is not related to the band,

and as for the other stuff, they are giving people the choice i really see no problem in that.
if i moan about it so what? is that a problem?

you go ahead, pay on! enjoy the super box set. im just not going to be so quick on this one. and it doesnt justify the price for me im sorry, is it wrong to think that?

Of course not but you really think its going to be £150 when its listed as $40 on the OFFICIAL website?

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

to be honest mon, im just about getting sick and tired now of u2 charging an arm and a leg for this campaign. we had the super deluxe box sets of no line, which i purchase, seems like a good item to own, only to find you can still purchase them.

the double subbing in a year on here, the vinyl offer, and now the price of the super deluxe costing £150.

all these super deluxe packages also are distracting from the main item. the dvd.

so far all i have read is complaints, no breathe and the cost of the super deluxe, where no one has said anything really exciting about it.

and u2's money making is starting to really piss me off. (im not moaning, its my feelings towards them right now)

Hang on a min, for one we have already been told there is a chance Breathe will be on there after all, i have only ever renewed my membership once a year and have had no problems what so ever, the price of the suprer delux is $40 as per the official site, yet your still making the choice to moan about it being £140 on a site that is not related to the band,

and as for the other stuff, they are giving people the choice i really see no problem in that.

you go ahead, pay on! enjoy the super box set. im just not going to be so quick on this one. and it doesnt justify the price for me im sorry, is it wrong to think that?

Of course not but you really think its going to be £150 when its listed as $40 on the OFFICIAL website?

what and amazon and play are not official sites?tongue.gif

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

what and amazon and play are not official sites?tongue.gif

Not the official website of the band, whose by coincidence is the DVD coming out.

............if the u2.com price is right, great, but the programme alone cost what $20 odd? i dont know. and you get the programme, setlist, all the other stuff for $40?!?! really?

My point exactly! $40 USD or £27 GBP doesn't add up when you consider the price for the Deluxe 2 disc DVD alone.

[quote name='agt wrote:

MacFoley']............if the u2.com price is right, great, but the programme alone cost what $20 odd? i dont know. and you get the programme, setlist, all the other stuff for $40?!?! really?

My point exactly! $40 USD or £27 GBP doesn't add up when you consider the price for the Deluxe 2 disc DVD alone.which is the normal price for a double u2 deluxe dvd here in the uk mate. well when they first come out.

The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

Easy to multi-region DVD players. If you can't do it by code. A lot of places have a little item that will zap your player and make it multi-region.

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

kevu209 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

what and amazon and play are not official sites?
tongue.gif

Not the official website of the band, whose by coincidence is the DVD coming out.

alright, just dont freak out if u2.com says its a mistake and then put up the price. and if you think £150 is a good deal, my bad!

I'm feeling this way also at the moment,bleedin us fuckin dry comes to mind.

oh and this is from the 'official blurb' on the homepage.

U2360° At The Rose Bowl is released in the following formats:

- Single Disc DVD, live concert only

- 2DVD Super Deluxe Box Set (content to be announced)

- Two Disc DVD Deluxe edition

and

- Blu-Ray Single Disc edition each featuring the live concert plus:

Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360° Documentary

U2360° Tour Clips

Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)

Berlin Timelapse Video

Videos:

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)

The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video

The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

Now notice the super deluxe is to be announced and if you click the 'official' U2.com link for pre order all UK formats,guess where it takes you?

go on and click

this is where it takes yer!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=1270046678/ref=a9_sc_1?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=u2%20rose%20bowl

and lo and behold version #4 is the grand sum of £113.99 so kenny u2009 maybe there is some truth in this??

So why are we in the UK paying more than the US link?

US takes yer to U2 shop,UK to amazon?

Can one of the mods ask this question at a higher level???

Why Breathe is cut away and acailable only as bonus track??? Pls, keep the enture show as it was, so put back Breathe as opener of this DVD!!!!!! Thx.

I'm in UK and clicked on the pre-order and got the $39.95 - where is the UK link - couldn't see one when i was on the shop? 

yeah good point!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

gibbo1968']So why are we in the UK paying more than the US link?

I'm in UK and clicked on the pre-order and got the $39.95 - where is the UK link - couldn't see one when i was on the shop? 

a bit further down the news blurb on the home page in red is this.

Pre-Order all four US formats at the U2.com Shop

Pre-Order all UK formats 

click the UK one it takes you to amazon

[quote name='gibbo1968 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

gibbo1968']So why are we in the UK paying more than the US link?

a bit further down the news blurb on the home page in red is this.

Pre-Order all four US formats at the U2.com Shop

Pre-Order all UK formats 

click the UK one it takes you to amazon

I was looking in the shop part for that! never noticed that part, and just pre-ordered from the shop as it wasn't shown clearly that you had to go somewhere else to pre-order for UK. So i guess that i am getting the US one! Hope it plays on my dvd player! And also that is just not fair that there is such a price discrepency between the two countries. And why only pre order in UK and US - what about everyone else?

. And why only pre order in UK and US - what about everyone else?

they always put only Uk and US, I actually ordered at UK links a couple of times

lol! and some people were begging for Rose bowl not to be the official DVD

I'm really disliking the cover btw, what is it with the logo? grunge splatter effects are soooo "myspace 2007"

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

Zhivvy']. And why only pre order in UK and US - what about everyone else?

they always put only Uk and US, I actually ordered at UK links a couple of times

Wouldn't on this one looks like it is much cheaper to go to the US!

hey i read this on some site where someone was talking about the dvd release and they mentioned this:

"Single-Disc Blu-ray Edition (includes exclusive BD Live bonus feature. Video footage from the forthcoming 2010 US and European Tour will be continually updated to your player via the BD Live feature on the disc.) SRP $21.95"

what does "BD" mean??

hey i read this on some site where someone was talking about the dvd release and they mentioned this:

"Single-Disc Blu-ray Edition (includes exclusive BD Live bonus feature. Video footage from the forthcoming 2010 US and European Tour will be continually updated to your player via the BD Live feature on the disc.) SRP $21.95"

what does "BD" mean??

Like DVD just stands for Digital Video Disc  BD just stands for BluRay Disc - 

As for BDLive -  if your Blu Ray is connected to your broadband modem, on many new discs you can download extras to your BluRay player.  If a disc is marked with BDLive on the cover then this feature is avaiable.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

u2jackie']

what does "BD" mean??

Like DVD just stands for Digital Video Disc  BD just stands for BluRay Disc - 

As for BDLive -  if your Blu Ray is connected to your broadband modem, on many new discs you can download extras to your BluRay player.  If a disc is marked with BDLive on the cover then this feature is avaiable.

oooh ok! thanks Mick!! thumbsup.gifsmile.gif

Erm, a little update, seems Breathe might be in, no exact details, but it seems to be in the works - Baja

thanks, great news - let's hope!

OMG, i just realized that this will be released on my birthday - it's a big, awful one and I'm not looking forward to it.....till now!!! Thank you U2!!!! You're always there for me

To me it just seems really, really strange to leave out the song that the band walks out to the stage. Leaving Breathe out of its proper position suggests to me that they're not happy with it as the opener.