Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbarnych

@U2 survey

@U2 is conducting a survey among fans about their thoughts on the band, songs, albums, shows, and all things U2 related.

You can access the survey here: http://u2fans2010.questionpro.com/

Just done it! Will be interested to see what they do with the repsonses

Just finished it!! Interesting last question how happy are you with U2 right now on a scale of 1-10?? laugh.gif

Just finished it!! Interesting last question how happy are you with U2 right now on a scale of 1-10?? laugh.gif

I'm most interested to see how well will NLOTH do on the best-albums list....

i,ve just done the survey,quite interesting,

i like NLOTH i hope it does well.

thought the question of their last concert and what song they should play last was a really good question with many reasons for each song. But also made me sad thinking about their last show! (*Zhivvy goes to find a tissue to wipe away the tears!*)

thought the question of their last concert and what song they should play last was a really good question with many reasons for each song. But also made me sad thinking about their last show! (*Zhivvy goes to find a tissue to wipe away the tears!*)

me too, it was a good question but it got me thinking frown.gif

i picked where the streets have no name, i love that song :)

I'm most interested to see how well will NLOTH do on the best-albums list....
I love NLOTH, but it's too new for me to call it my favorite U2 album.

well you can guess what i put Carol.

Sheesh a lot of thought went into it's creation but too many tough choices. I'd have preferred two or 3 choices most times. Also should have had a feedback or comments section or wish lists of cover songs, for instance

Overall? atU2 staff work their butts off for us, scouring the globe and offering analysis

[quote name='GeorgiaGirl wrote:

Kristaps']I'm most interested to see how well will NLOTH do on the best-albums list....

I love NLOTH, but it's too new for me to call it my favorite U2 album.

I love No Line on the Horizon.  Best and most underrated album... it just grows and grows. 

The survey took me 35 minutes.  Who can do it in 22?  I liked the question about how much would you pay for a CD of a concert you just went to?  I would have checked "priceless" if they had that option.  Now, why would they ask that one?  Interesting.  U2 is a 10.  U2 would never be the same without Bono, Edge, Larry or Adam.  The question they should of asked is, if one persone were added to U2, who would it most likely be?  U2 have more than 13 years left.  Their defining moment has not yet come.  The choice of songs they gave us for U2360 2010 was interesting.  I wrote some of them down.  "When I look at the world," "Grace," "Drowing Man," "Heartland."  I want to see "Drowing Man" but "When I look at the world" really works with the outerspace/spaceship theme.  What song would you drop?  I checked "With or Without You."  Can't drop "Streets..." or "Mysterious Ways."  The best live song for me right now is "City of Blinding Lights."  Best tour is "Vertigo."  Intimacy baby.  The question if you saw Bono and his family in a restaraunt would you bother him was interesting because it actually happened to me once.  I answered honestly, "No." It was actually Bono and Larry.  Larry is family.  Can't wait to see all the results.

It was a great question, though.  Sad that it is something that is even a thought, but given the decades this band has been entertaining live, we are closer to the end than the beginning. Sadly.

40 is the song that should end it all. Imagine all the voices singing as the band leaves the stage for the final time. That would be amazing.

40 is the song that should end it all. Imagine all the voices singing as the band leaves the stage for the final time. That would be amazing.

That was my first thought when I got to that question. It would be amazing and I think the perfect way to end it. I can't see any other song being the last one. It has to be 40.

Loved the question that asked if a member of U2 has ever appeared in one of your dreams. The answer was yes for me.

meerkat and i did the survey yesterday. was very fun! i actually finished it rather quickly without turning it into a 2 hour long " cant decide!" spazfest. LOL

Loved the question that asked if a member of U2 has ever appeared in one of your dreams. The answer was yes for me.
I thought that question was funny.  Yes for me too.  Should I be embarrassed?  No.  Am I talking to myself? Now that's weird.

[quote name='u2jackie wrote:

Zhivvy']thought the question of their last concert and what song they should play last was a really good question with many reasons for each song. But also made me sad thinking about their last show! (*Zhivvy goes to find a tissue to wipe away the tears!*)

me too, it was a good question but it got me thinking frown.gif

i picked where the streets have no name, i love that song :)

That was an excellent question, but yes, very sad and I don't remember them ever asking it before (they do the survey every year) . . . I picked 40 for old time's sake, lol, but Streets is my favorite live song  wink.gif

[quote name='1love wrote:

KatFrazier']Loved the question that asked if a member of U2 has ever appeared in one of your dreams. The answer was yes for me.

I thought that question was funny.  Yes for me too.  Should I be embarrassed?  No.  Am I talking to myself? Now that's weird.

I'm not embarrassed, my dreams with them in it are always the best. tongue.gif 

I am looking forward to seeing the final results. There were some interesting questions in there - and some the band may not want to know the answers to.