Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

shirley2010']I'm not disagreeing with Zivvy but whoever said you can only give up through sheer will power. xx

What you say Shirley makes gret sense. And I said before I am nearer to giving up than I have in the past. I have said in the past that I don't want to give up as I enjoy it too much. Now I am at a place where I think about when I give up. I only smoke in the evenings now. Very occassionally I will have one during the day, but that is rare. My first one is about 8pm and have three or four in the evening, sometimes less. So I know that I am getting there. I can go days  without them too. So I now it is only habbit and I want a cigarette instead of actually craving one. Maybe my new healthy eating and wieght loss and race training regime will help me to cut back even more to finally quitting.

And to all of you on here who are doing it - well done!

Don't feel you have to justify anything. As I said you have to be mentally ready for it. It sounds like you are building up to it but do it when you feel the time is right. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. Believe me, I know.

Good luck when you do make the plunge.

Know what I'm not enjoying about quitting? How much more I can smell!!!

There are gross smells just waiting to leap out at you everywhere you turn.

Still not worth smoking though!!!

Know what I'm not enjoying about quitting? How much more I can smell!!!

oh gwad! you are soooo right...my sniffer is sooooo very sensitive! I can smell EVERYTHING so  much more!

so, canada is this day ____? Im not counting any more, just trying to move forwards

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

shirley2010']I'm not disagreeing with Zivvy but whoever said you can only give up through sheer will power. xx

What you say Shirley makes gret sense. And I said before I am nearer to giving up than I have in the past. I have said in the past that I don't want to give up as I enjoy it too much. Now I am at a place where I think about when I give up. I only smoke in the evenings now. Very occassionally I will have one during the day, but that is rare. My first one is about 8pm and have three or four in the evening, sometimes less. So I know that I am getting there. I can go days  without them too. So I now it is only habbit and I want a cigarette instead of actually craving one. Maybe my new healthy eating and wieght loss and race training regime will help me to cut back even more to finally quitting.

zhivvy, you are on your way! it sounds to me that you are mentally preparing yourself, something that is essential...baby steps!!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

zhivvy, you are on your way! it sounds to me that you are mentally preparing yourself, something that is essential...baby steps!!

Thanks Spicy!! xxx

just checkin how you girls (and guys?? or is it just a girl-thing?) are doin!! keep it up! you will be so happy and imagine all the nice things you can do with the money you'll be saving yourself!! an extra u2-concert?? a trip to dublin?? all this will be in your reach...happy.gif

just checkin how you girls (and guys?? or is it just a girl-thing?) are doin!! keep it up! you will be so happy and imagine all the nice things you can do with the money you'll be saving yourself!! an extra u2-concert?? a trip to dublin?? all this will be in your reach...happy.gif
oh yeah!

canada06']Know what I'm not enjoying about quitting? How much more I can smell!!!

oh gwad! you are soooo right...my sniffer is sooooo very sensitive! I can smell EVERYTHING so  much more!

so, canada is this day ____? Im not counting any more, just trying to move forwards

I'll stop counting too. But can we still stop in for the pep talk when we need it or is this thread at an end?

[quote name='canada06 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

canada06']Know what I'm not enjoying about quitting? How much more I can smell!!!

I'll stop counting too. But can we still stop in for the pep talk when we need it or is this thread at an end?

stop in any time..

Spicy you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get my butt in gear cause I have gained a few pounds. cry.gif

nono.gif

Hi everyone . . . . . just checking on how you are all doing. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time . . . . you CAN do it "))))))))))

Spicy you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get my butt in gear cause I have gained a few pounds. cry.gif

nono.gif

Oh, well, a few pounds is worth it while we're in the middle of a major life adjustment....we can always lose those pounds, but their no guarantee we can lose cancer, or undo COPD or chronic bronchitis, right?

Hi everyone . . . . . just checking on how you are all doing. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time . . . . you CAN do it "))))))))))
thank you janette...hey canada and everyone else, do you have a good support system around you?

canada06']Spicy you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get my butt in gear cause I have gained a few pounds.
cry.gif

nono.gif

Oh, well, a few pounds is worth it while we're in the middle of a major life adjustment....we can always lose those pounds, but their no guarantee we can lose cancer, or undo COPD or chronic bronchitis, right?

wpa0798l.jpg

Janette B']Hi everyone . . . . . just checking on how you are all doing. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time . . . . you CAN do it "))))))))))

thank you janette...hey canada and everyone else, do you have a good support system around you?

This is the support I'm using cause nobody at work has even noticed I've quit!!! Funny how that works. They are very quick to notice when you start again thougheyes.gifmad.giflaugh.gif

canada06']Spicy you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get my butt in gear cause I have gained a few pounds.
cry.gif

nono.gif

wise words, spicy xxx

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Janette B']Hi everyone . . . . . just checking on how you are all doing. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time . . . . you CAN do it "))))))))))

This is the support I'm using cause nobody at work has even noticed I've quit!!! Funny how that works. They are very quick to notice when you start again though
eyes.gifmad.giflaugh.gif

wild%20and%20precious%20life.jpgYOU CAN DO IT! CELEBRATE LIFE!

xtraspicy62 wrote:

This is the support I'm using cause nobody at work has even noticed I've quit!!! Funny how that works. They are very quick to notice when you start again though
eyes.gifmad.giflaugh.gif

Sending lots of (((((((((((((SUPPORT!!!!!)))))))))))))

Thanks to you both Janette and Spicy. Hugs.

This week is much better than last week. I feel more confident.

Going out this weekend to find a sale on workout clothing. Gotta move my butt before it outgrows my clothes.

Yay to all of us who are taking positive steps to being more healthy.