Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

Hi everyone . . . . . just checking on how you are all doing. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time . . . . you CAN do it "))))))))))

women-holding-hands_~rho12002.jpg&ei=wbbQS-qkD4-EMfawrLQP&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNHwoO6Klyd0-j3KeAn9HKirhF9xow

Bueller, Bueller, Buellerlaugh.gif

Canada, present and accounted for. Who else is here?

Bueller, Bueller, Buellerlaugh.gif

ben-stein.jpgYEAAAAA! CANADA! HOW DOES IT FEEL??

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

canada06']

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller
laugh.gif

ben-stein.jpgYEAAAAA! CANADA! HOW DOES IT FEEL??

Feels good. Weight seems to be stablizing so not feeling as much like a chunky monkey as I was.

Big test tonight. Going for a few pints with a friend. He's a non-smoker though so shouldn't be too tempted. 

If temptation strikes, I'm going home.

How bout you? I read your fitness thread. Good for you guys. That's my next thing to tackle.

I'm just stopping in to give you all some support! I quit smoking cold turkey on July 21, 2009 after many, many failed attempts. I know how difficult it is and my advice: be smoke-free one day at a time. I'm proud of you because I know how difficult it is to quit.

once my brother told me

you quit smoking but not everybody needs to stop

cos the price of a pack is 5 euros

that includes 1 euro for the real price of the pack (to show you which kind of shit this really is )

+ 4 euros for tax

so if everybody stops smoking we (us non-smokers) will pay more taxes

once my brother told me

that includes 1 euro for the real price of the pack (to show you which kind of shit this really is )

+ 4 euros for tax

I'd gladly pay more taxes for my loved ones (and myself) to live a longer healthier life in exchange for them quitting smoking. smile.gif

Wow....good luck to everybody whos trying to quit. .

As Ceallach said you have to be sure you want to quit. Take one day at a time.

I used a book by Allen Carr called The easyway to stop smoking. I read it in 2 days,,smoked as i was reading it and by the time i got to the last chapter i had 3 cigarettes left, it was a struggle to smoke those final 3 but iv never put one in my mouth since and that was 6 yrs ago. I know it sounds daft but i know lots of people who have quit by reading the book.....its worth a try :D

You know, I bought that book about a year ago after seeing someone on the zoo mentioned she had quit with the help of that book and knew many who had. I went out and found the book online and bought it but hadn't read it yet. It just sat in my magazine bin staring at me every day. lol I put it there on purpose to get me thinking about stopping. I knew when I was ready, I'd read it. Well, I'm happy to say I picked the book up and started reading it recently so I'm hoping I learn a few things and hopefully I'll have the motivation to stop by the end of the book. I'm on chapter 8 at the moment, fingers crossed. I'm actually now amused to read in the book that it's quite common to do that....buy the book but not read it right away. lol tongue.gif

Wow....good luck to everybody whos trying to quit. .

As Ceallach said you have to be sure you want to quit. Take one day at a time.

I used a book by Allen Carr called The easyway to stop smoking. I read it in 2 days,,smoked as i was reading it and by the time i got to the last chapter i had 3 cigarettes left, it was a struggle to smoke those final 3 but iv never put one in my mouth since and that was 6 yrs ago. I know it sounds daft but i know lots of people who have quit by reading the book.....its worth a try :D

You know, I bought that book about a year ago after seeing someone on the zoo mentioned she had quit with the help of that book and knew many who had. I went out and found the book online and bought it but hadn't read it yet. It just sat in my magazine bin staring at me every day. lol I put it there on purpose to get me thinking about stopping. I knew when I was ready, I'd read it. Well, I'm happy to say I picked the book up and started reading it recently so I'm hoping I learn a few things and hopefully I'll have the motivation to stop by the end of the book. I'm on chapter 8 at the moment, fingers crossed. I'm actually now amused to read in the book that it's quite common to do that....buy the book but not read it right away. lol tongue.gif

So I was sitting on the patio last night with my pint and people around me were smoking. I didn't want one at all!!!! In fact, the smell of it was gross. I was glad that my friend didn't smoke. Might have been a different story if I was with a smoking friend. Another day smoke free. Whew.

Know what I'm not enjoying about quitting? How much more I can smell!!!

There are gross smells just waiting to leap out at you everywhere you turn.

Still not worth smoking though!!!

i noticed that a lot.  especially oranges.  i had no idea how much joy one orange can bring.

I usually smoke when I'm upset, when I feel like smoking I just think: Is that gonna make it better?

Then I know there is no need.

how is ur next ex bf doing?  has he had surgery?  what was it for? is he okay?   let me know, please.

i've added him to my intentions when i go to Mass.

[quote name='michielovesU2 wrote:

actarus']once my brother told me

+ 4 euros for tax

I'd gladly pay more taxes for my loved ones (and myself) to live a longer healthier life in exchange for them quitting smoking. smile.gif

there are things you can not buy smile.gif 

[quote name='actarus wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

actarus']once my brother told me

+ 4 euros for tax

I'd gladly pay more taxes for my loved ones (and myself) to live a longer healthier life in exchange for them quitting smoking.
smile.gif

there are things you can not buy smile.gif yes, like good health!

I'm just stopping in to give you all some support! I quit smoking cold turkey on July 21, 2009 after many, many failed attempts. I know how difficult it is and my advice: be smoke-free one day at a time. I'm proud of you because I know how difficult it is to quit.

congrats! Thats a HUGE accomplishment!! You deserve this!

FirstPlaceRibbon.246141754_std.jpg

So I was sitting on the patio last night with my pint and people around me were smoking. I didn't want one at all!!!! In fact, the smell of it was gross. I was glad that my friend didn't smoke. Might have been a different story if I was with a smoking friend. Another day smoke free. Whew.
img214553282.jpg

You are funny Spicy!
anyone who quits deserves a medal im not kidding! especially in the pub!thumbsup.gif

I quit smoking  18 years ago when I got pregnant. I do not, I repeat DO NOT, recommend this to anyone!  But however you manage to stop, you will be sooooo glad you did, for so many reasons!  Smoking sucks and blows all at the same time. pimp.gif

I quit smoking  18 years ago when I got pregnant. I do not, I repeat DO NOT, recommend this to anyone!  But however you manage to stop, you will be sooooo glad you did, for so many reasons!  Smoking sucks and blows all at the same time. pimp.gif

so glad that you did it! Is that why there is a birdsong in your heart now? (couldnt resist!)

So many people are posting that they quit!

THATS SO COOL!

Still not smoking and feeling GREAT!!!

I always take the stairs at the subway and today I noticed I wasn't out of breath when I got to the top.

Amazing.