Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

WOW!!!! Good going everyone . . . . you're all doing so well!!!!!!

Still not smoking and feeling GREAT!!!

I always take the stairs at the subway and today I noticed I wasn't out of breath when I got to the top.

Amazing.

Great job canada! I think that being able to breathe better is a huge blessing! thumbsup.gif

stock-photo-red-white-and-blue-ribbon-hold-a-gold-medal-heart-shape-isolated-3073655.jpg

personally, when I rode my bike a long way recently, my lungs got sore from all the breathing! they're still sore today....ouch!

personally, when I rode my bike a long way recently, my lungs got sore from all the breathing! they're still sore today....ouch!
How hard were you riding? Maybe google breathing technics for bike riding? Good on you for pushing on with the workouts though. Excellent work. thumbsup.gif

Are you having any reactions to the Champix / Chantix? I sometimes get a tiny headache. Just there enough to be a bit annoying but not devastating. Weird dreams sometimes. Still not smoking though. Yay!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

michielovesU2']I'm just stopping in to give you all some support! I quit smoking cold turkey on July 21, 2009 after many, many failed attempts. I know how difficult it is and my advice: be smoke-free one day at a time. I'm proud of you because I know how difficult it is to quit.

congrats! Thats a HUGE accomplishment!! You deserve this!

FirstPlaceRibbon.246141754_std.jpg

Awww, thanks spicy!!

Hi all just checked in to see how you're all doing and to mention that my mum gave up the year after me and purposely set aside the money she would have spent on cigarettes in a bank account_74615. She managed to save for a new bed and carpets and a 3 piece suite.  I hope you are all giving yourselves a reward for keeping up the good work because you deserve it.  Lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx000000000000000xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and happy to see you guys are still hanging in! you should all be proud of yourself!! i am!

I'm with Barb, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.....Keep going one day at a time!

Yoy are doing so well here! Very proud of you.

Mine are getting less and less by the day - so this is working a bit for me too - thank you!

In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.

In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.
Wow!!! that makes the UK and Ireland seem cheap! is the price rise affecting the amount of people smoking? Because in england the cost isn't really a deterrent.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

kings']In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.

Wow!!! that makes the UK and Ireland seem cheap! is the price rise affecting the amount of people smoking? Because in england the cost isn't really a deterrent.

The jury is still out on that one. The Government needed the money to pay for Health Reforms.

lungs+with+cancer.jpg
These lungs look like angel/demon wings... depending on whether you smoke or not :-)

they really do...hmmm...you have such a creative mind, and in a good way! never saw it that way, but you posssess a gift of "vision" that is unusual...you're a true poet and artist....

but I agreee with canada above!!