Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

41Qw7Wtxd-L._SL170_.jpgcheeery, glib replies not wanted!

embarassed.gif

oopssss.... better shut up now....

*quietly walks out, hoping spicy doesnt notice....

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

41Qw7Wtxd-L._SL170_.jpg

cheeery, glib replies not wanted!

embarassed.gif

oopssss.... better shut up now....

*quietly walks out, hoping spicy doesnt notice....AHA! Saw you Barbara!! its all ok now...went for a 2 hour bike ride...endorphins flowing....ahhhhh...:)

ps barbara-youre a riot! you make me laugh and crack up....comedic relief does wonders....when were laughing, we forget to be grouchy...ever laugh so hard at the insanity of life, you were crying and holding youre sides?

how are you holding up with all the training? still smokes once in a while?

how are you holding up with all the training? still smokes once in a while?

I'm still having a few - sorry frown.gif!

I don't seem to have the willpower to run and give up - stupid I know. But a lot less as I've said before. Two or three in the evening or sometimes only one. Got to admit that if I have a glass of wine I want more but try not too. Ihave been thinking about it a lot and I know that the running has helped me to cut down and I think that if I carry on the running it will just happen that I am smoking less and less until there are non! - Well that is what I am hoping and I think it will work.

And you are doing so well - keep it up! 

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

canada06']So far so good.

5 weeks tomorrow and I haven't killed anyone.... yet.

AWAZING!!! GREAT JOB!!! How do you keep from being cranky???

I sometimes plug in my Ipod and listen to really loud music until the urge to scream goes away. I haven't even snapped at work. The first day that I was off the smokes I was ready to kill a woman in a lineup at the store. It was just after Easter and they had marked all the chocolate down by 75%. 75%!! There she was taking up time arguing with the cashier " are you sure that's the right price ". She doesn't know how close she came to having the wrath of a person going through nicotine withdrawal all over her.mad.gif I was starting to lose it behind her. Whew! Could have been ugly. devil.gif

I also have to say that this forum has helped me too. The encouragement from everyone has been great.

Hugs to all.

@ actarus: thanx for the info!!tongue.gif

@ spicy: glad you can still laugh and make fun! i'm sure those periods of frustration will become less and less...and dissapear! and replaced by feeelings of joy and proudness to what you achieved!

and zhivvy, seeing the will-power you use to run, you will be able to quit totally!

Just heard from cellach who was taking the chantix and shes still smoke free!! yeah!banana.gif

banana.gif

banana.gif

Good on you Cellach! Well done xxxx

I haven't looked in here for a long time . . . . . . glad to see that you are all doing so well!!!!! Keep up your good work!!!!!

I haven't looked in here for a long time . . . . . . glad to see that you are all doing so well!!!!! Keep up your good work!!!!!
awww...youre always so supportive janette! thank you sweetie!!

Just heard from cellach who was taking the chantix and shes still smoke free!! yeah!banana.gif

banana.gif

banana.gif

Great news.  Good work everyone!

Tonight I am having the worst time trying to get past a huge urge to smoke. Tomorrow is 6 weeks for me. Going to bed to avoid it and it's only 9:15.

What do you do to get over your urges?

i try to distract myself in the biggest way possible, such as playing the flute for about 2 hours...do you play a guitar or other instrument? by playing a wind instrument, it tires me out, and takes focus away from the desire...

another technique is to go into a movie theater, because the movie is usually 2 hours long, and you cannot smoke once your in...and the movie can transform your whole mind by taking you away to another place and time, and distract you...

another I use is very hard physical exhertion, like hard biking for at least 2 hours, or lifting weights at the loal gym bc they of course do not allow smoking, and the heavy weights take concentration and focus

distraction, concentration and focus on other things really helps me

especially putting myself into situations where I cant smoke anyway

[quote name=canada06]Thanks Spicy... today much better.

hang in there canada! we all want you to succeed!! you can do it, i'm sure (btw; do you have a hub or boyfriend, cause i can think of something to do to distract your mind.... and it takes care of some calorie-burning too!)

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

canada06
']Thanks Spicy... today much better.

hang in there canada! we all want you to succeed!! you can do it, i'm sure (btw; do you have a hub or boyfriend, cause i can think of something to do to distract your mind.... and it takes care of some calorie-burning too!)Thanks so much. Sadly I'm single but yes that would be an awesome distraction. Hmmm, could be a selling point for someone to go out with me. I can see the line I can use now. "Single, quit smoking, wanna get distracted with me?"

devil.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

good thinking, canada!! maybe you'll find your dream-partner that way?wink.gif

[quote name='canada06 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

canada06
']Thanks Spicy... today much better.

hang in there canada! we all want you to succeed!! you can do it, i'm sure (btw; do you have a hub or boyfriend, cause i can think of something to do to distract your mind.... and it takes care of some calorie-burning too!)
Thanks so much. Sadly I'm single but yes that would be an awesome distraction. Hmmm, could be a selling point for someone to go out with me. I can see the line I can use now. "Single, quit smoking, wanna get distracted with me?"

devil.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

well, it you  go that way to get smoke free with someone, i admit it does take ur mind off things for the time...my advice is to go for the full kama sutra session, with trying every position you can think up, work your self out! and then after all the cardio-love making and passion, i guarantee that you'll fall into a blissful sleep for hours....and smoking will never even enter ur mind as a thought! 

hard to stand up to while you re drinking alcool

if you really try to quit the cigarette ... you better stop drinking alcool for a while ..

How did you do Spicy? You are doing so well!