Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

U2 have become the biggest sell outs. The only interest in fans that this band has is making money from us now.

I used to think we got a fair deal, they deliver awesome music and we pay for it.

Now the deal seems they dish up whatever crap they can find be it remixes or greatest hits of the greatest hits in a different order or the remasters which are just making them money off something that has alreadty been released and lets face it, the remasters just seem to be louder than tthe original releases.

This band is on the biggest money grab of all time. What in flap is going on? When will the music actually count again? Or maybe it wont because the back catalogue is bringing in enough and around the corner there is going to be some other bullshit they find on a shelf and dust off and dish up for us to buy.

Something has got to give! I am losing interest in U2 very fast. These days I just wonder what shit they are going to come out with next.

Paul McGuinness is kidding himself about piracy because I think piracy is going to be used as a safeguard to see if the next thing released by U2 is a pile of shit or is actually worth slapping down the hard earned to buy.

No more bullshit U2, make a fucking decent record!

U2 have become the biggest sell outs. The only interest in fans that this band has is making money from us now.

I used to think we got a fair deal, they deliver awesome music and we pay for it.

Now the deal seems they dish up whatever crap they can find be it remixes or greatest hits of the greatest hits in a different order or the remasters which are just making them money off something that has alreadty been released and lets face it, the remasters just seem to be louder than tthe original releases.

This band is on the biggest money grab of all time. What in flap is going on? When will the music actually count again? Or maybe it wont because the back catalogue is bringing in enough and around the corner there is going to be some other bullshit they find on a shelf and dust off and dish up for us to buy.

Something has got to give! I am losing interest in U2 very fast. These days I just wonder what shit they are going to come out with next.

Paul McGuinness is kidding himself about piracy because I think piracy is going to be used as a safeguard to see if the next thing released by U2 is a pile of shit or is actually worth slapping down the hard earned to buy.

There is a thread already of 'What do you consider a sellout?'.....Every successful band out there is a 'sellout'...including the so-called 'indie' bands. I've worked with so many nationals, and so many local bands. One thing that strikes out is that national acts get sponsorship from corporations, from Vans to Blackberry....pulling off tours require sponsorships from these companies, regardless of how big the venues are. Bands such as 311, Journey, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Dave Matthews Band, Jimmy Buffett, just to name a few, tour almost every year, yet their live production has always been the same....almost the same setlists too.

oulala , the stadiums are not sold out

and remember that in europe the capacity of the 2010 tour stadiums are for the most 65000 persons

so ..

(rose bowl is 90000, croke park 90000 ...)

God this stuff is sooo old and boring.
You can be Director Of The Bored, and I'll be Chairman Of The Bored.

God this stuff is sooo old and boring.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

surrenders']God this stuff is sooo old and boring.

... at least when drinking coffee even the whinning bored shut up for a few minutes....

tongue.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

... at least when drinking coffee even the whinning bored shut up for a few minutes....

tongue.gif

Can I be the ironing bored?

mick james wrote:

tongue.giflaugh.gif

You calling me a whinger?

I'll have a long machiato with one please.

mick james wrote:

tongue.giflaugh.gif

You calling me a whinger?

I'll have a long machiato with one please.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

tongue.gif

Can I be the ironing bored? Sure!

Who wants to be the Ouija Bored?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

tongue.gif

Can I be the ironing bored? Sure!

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

tongue.gif

Can I be the ironing bored?
Sure!

Rosa seems to have good contacts so maybe she would!

And seeing it is April do we need a spring bored?

Wow. Haven't heard this whinefest before.

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

I guess that makes Panth the Chopping Bored.

Panth']Wow. Haven't heard this whinefest before.

I have the best rants when I'm hungover. Thank Mog Monday is my off day.

Deal! Anyone else onbored? We need a scoredbored?

Diving bored? surf(the internet) bored?

funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

By the way, NLOTH is more than a decent album. It's even better live.

God have I stepped into my office canteen tea break or something, cos all this u2 whining is starting to sound like something I would hear during tea break or lunch break eyes.gif

God have I stepped into my office canteen tea break or something, cos all this u2 whining is starting to sound like something I would hear during tea break or lunch break eyes.gif

i dont know what a sellout is exactly but i think the lad makes some good points about one of the greediest bands on planet earth. Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant. They are good points nonetheless. @ carol8, the canteen i go to must be in the opposite dimension to urs! :P

If U2 wanted to be greedy then The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions wouldn't have materialized....and also those cool LED curtains.

I guess I mentioned this again, and again, coz this thread is boring!!!

Ok, I'll stop trying to beat a dead horse now!