Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

Recommended Posts

 

No more bullshit U2, make a fucking decent record!

 

^ i agree with this statement. U2 have played it safe for the last decade. i'd like for them to deliver an album that moves me not only emotionally but physically. please guys 'kick my ass!!' *POP* = awesome

 

having said that, i would gladly have U2 tour Oz with 360 and take what little money i have >=;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56']
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
Love it Zhivvy!!!!!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
I think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......
tongue.gifwink.gif
..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....
tongue.gifwink.gif

 

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!
tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

 

*runs to the nearest toilet to puke*

 

laugh.gif So mummy does have a limit!!!lol!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


badgirl56 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56']

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

 

 - Not playing in City X sucks;

 - Playing stadium X instead of Y sucks;

 - Not playing in my country (the guys must hate my country);

 - The Claw sucks;

 - Not playing arenas sucks;

 - Ticket prices suck;

 - Bono a turd;

 - The opening song sucks;

 - The choice of songs sucks;

 - The encore sucks;

 - DVD sucks;

 - YouTube broadcast sucks;

 - etc....

devil.gif"> Wonroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Love it Zhivvy!!!!!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
I think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......
tongue.gifwink.gif
..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....
tongue.gifwink.gif

 

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

 

Hmmmm..Id need to remove my tassles..wouldnt want him choking!!!!!!tongue.gifwink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR..so sorry for hi jacking your thread but the mention of BMan and his sucking just makes me go all 'tingly'....and leads to *bonogsms*......hope you understand ........thumbsup.gif..and the whole band sucking..well thats leads to *u2gsm*......thumbsup.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR..so sorry for hi jacking your thread but the mention of BMan and his sucking just makes me go all 'tingly'....and leads to *bonogsms*......hope you understand ........thumbsup.gif..and the whole band sucking..well thats leads to *u2gsm*......thumbsup.gif

yay.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifadam_sad.gifbono_sad.gifedge_sad.giflarry_sad.gifwink02.giftongue02.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JR..so sorry for hi jacking your thread but the mention of BMan and his sucking just makes me go all 'tingly'....and leads to *bonogsms*......hope you understand ........thumbsup.gif..and the whole band sucking..well thats leads to *u2gsm*......thumbsup.gif

happy.gif Blame the band for being so hot especially that lead singer - can't wait for multi Bonogasms when I see him on stage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i'll take a mop then to Vienna eh Zhivvy lol

 

Maybe more than one will be needed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh jeez

 

hope we don't meet him or i do hope we meet him but i don't lol

 

i dunno you is mad woman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


Claire T']i'll take a mop then to Vienna eh Zhivvy lol

 

Maybe more than one will be needed!dont think even the local fire service could clean up after you Zhivvy!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JR..so sorry for hi jacking your thread but the mention of BMan and his sucking just makes me go all 'tingly'....and leads to *bonogsms*......hope you understand ........thumbsup.gif..and the whole band sucking..well thats leads to *u2gsm*......thumbsup.gif

Nothing to apologies about, if you ask me.

 

Threads that go off topic like this is how I remember the old zoo on the days when I became a member... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Line I wouldn't consider safe.

 

Leave behind and Bomb sure, they're safe, radio friendly, won many awards in fact.

 

No Line is not radio friendly, won no awards, and pissed off indie rock nerds. No Line is definately not safe.

 

That's why its an awesome album.

 

and 360 is even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oh jeez

 

hope we don't meet him or i do hope we meet him but i don't lol

 

i dunno you is mad woman

Meeting him would be a cause of severe dehydration - think of the drool!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

Claire T']i'll take a mop then to Vienna eh Zhivvy lol

 

Maybe more than one will be needed!
dont think even the local fire service could clean up after you Zhivvy!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.giftongue.gifwink.gif

 

I'd be known from then on as Zhivvy the puddle!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah... I though we had already discused the term "sell out" didn't we?

we should make that a sticky post lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever, ppl are entitled to spend their own money as they see fit. If they wanna buy a different U2 album cuz the cover art is different, AT LEAST THEY CAN. If everybody had their way, U2 would make no money. So U2 gets their way and all of you pay LOL! If you weren't getting a product for your money, the whole arguement would be different. Obviously, they are somewhat sell outs, I don't know many bands that aren't. Good God, I was embarrassed for Green Day when I saw the review of their broadway show. I could care less now one way or another. I won't be buying any repackaged, concert videos, although now that I think about I do have most of them, they have always had their concerts videos so this makes ABSOLUTE SENSE that they would release it, but, I will buy the new album and I don't expect to even begin really hearing about it for at least another year and half if not two. I guess they have their S/A, the new little album they have been working on but I honestly don't expect anything real and substantial for at least a couple of years. Been a fan for 27 years in two months so I have heard it all before, how big a sell out U2 is, but they keep raking it in.  LOL, next up MERCY BABY! Oh wait, I got it for free already on youtube, but I'll go out and buy the album so they can continue to rake it in, and I'm OK with that. I'm sorry if it bothers you that a band you like might be considered a sell out. Big freaking deal. Take the money and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why people get into such conflict? it's just a band! it's not as if all you life beliefs have been distorded.

I can relate to people not liking the latest material, u2's my band but this album is not my favorite, that's it, I simply don't like it as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56']
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
Love it Zhivvy!!!!!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
I think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......
tongue.gifwink.gif
..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....
tongue.gifwink.gif

 

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!
tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

 

*runs to the nearest toilet to puke*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA NURSING BRAS!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, that word made me laugh. 

 ew ew lmao... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


mummy']

Why did I ask to say something when I'm going to say something?  I hate when I do that.  I hate it too when others do it.  So does that entitle me to hate?  No.  Not at all.  What am I on about?  I have no idea.  None.  Does it matter?  No, it doesnt.  Why am I asking questions and then answering them? I don't know.  I really don't know.  And why did I repeat myself with emphasis?  Who knows?  I don't.  And if I don't know - me being the one who thought this crap up - how on earth is anyone else to know?  Again, I'm asking questions that are either rhetorical or unanswerable.  I'm terrible for that.  But you guys are terrible for getting your knickers in a twist over a band who really don't give 2 rashers for your opinion of them.  They are above you sniffling bone-diseased ppl, often refered to as neanderthals.  What ppl am I referring to?  Again, if you got offended by what I just wrote well then it must have been about you.  If you didn't get offended, well then you couldn't possibly be one of those bone-diseased ppl unless of course you are bone-diseased and terribly demented.  So, I may need to clarify to the demented that it could be about you but I'm not going to say one way or the other. You'll need to get a written letter from your psychiatrist stating one way or the other.

 

Now, I'm glad I got that out of the way.  It's helped, doc.
laugh.gif

 

love your posts, mummy...who ever you are... you deserve a big kiss X...

babs, I'm the future... since March 2009, Bono has been telling me that I need a big kiss.  So now, I'm getting them from you and from him.  This is great.  Kisses from a man, kisses from a woman. And not only are they kisses, they are big kisses. And not only am I getting them, I deserve them.  It's great being the future.  I recommend EVERYONE become the future because when you are the future, you're the epitome of hope.  Hope is the foundation of faith. In turn, faith is the keystone of civilization - without it, we are aimless beings hanging off the side of a rock that is just going round and round a hot fiery ball of flame until it explodes, dies out or floats away.

 

Now, to change the subject -

 

a) Who stopped the sun? when? why? and how? 

B) Who set the earth spinning? when? why? and how?

 

More questions from an inquisitive mind, wrapped up in dying clothes that unravel day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, and second by second:

 

1. Why are there 100 milliseconds in a second, when there are only 60 seconds in a minute?

2. Why are there 60 minutes in an hour, when there are only 24 hours in a day?

3. Why are there 7 days in a week, yet there are 52 weeks in a year?

4. If a centenary is 100 years, and a millenium is 1000 years, is a gillenium a million years, and a terrellium a billion years?

5. If in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, what was going on before that?

6. If Moses parted the Red Sea with his staff, how many do you think he had working for him?

7. If 7 is "perfection", 6 is "imperfection" and 3 is "emphasis", do you think you could figure out what 6-6-6 is?

8. If the Jews rejected Christ, the Christians corrupted Him, and the Muslims forgot Him, how can any of them be the true religion?

9. If I question my beliefs to the point that I lose faith, who is at fault?

10. Jesus said that the meek shall inherit the earth - is that only because they were too shy to ask to go to heaven?

11. Is faith a gift only given to those who don't question too much?

12. How did the devil know that a talking snake would be the best way to deceive Eve?

 

No answers required.  These are totally rhetorical. roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='sonicfungus98 wrote:


mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56']
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
Love it Zhivvy!!!!!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
I think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......
tongue.gifwink.gif
..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....
tongue.gifwink.gif

 

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!
tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

 

*runs to the nearest toilet to puke*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA NURSING BRAS!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, that word made me laugh. 

 ew ew lmao... Even funnier whn you glance yourself in the mirror wearing one - wondering where the days of push-up bras have gone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and jrtm: i love u2 and their music... i wouldnt buy a farting-album, thou...eyes.gif and i don buy the remasterds unless its an album i lack in my collection (thatds why i bought UF-remasterd) or the original needs to be replaced (cause its scratched or a tape )

and why is it when you and your fellow moaners come here to smash our heads in with your nasty, hatefull posts, its a matter of 'freedom of opinion cause its a forum!!' and when we express our love for the band and music... we're a bunch of idiots that don know shit bout it and just would buy anything as long as it comes out of bono's mouth (or arse.)??

sick.gif

so much for an open and honest discussion.....eyes.gif

Same for me about buying remasters and you describe the moaners perfectly -- unable to accept another's viewpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


barbara1 wrote:

mummy']

Why did I ask to say something when I'm going to say something?  I hate when I do that.  I hate it too when others do it.  So does that entitle me to hate?  No.  Not at all.  What am I on about?  I have no idea.  None.  Does it matter?  No, it doesnt.  Why am I asking questions and then answering them? I don't know.  I really don't know.  And why did I repeat myself with emphasis?  Who knows?  I don't.  And if I don't know - me being the one who thought this crap up - how on earth is anyone else to know?  Again, I'm asking questions that are either rhetorical or unanswerable.  I'm terrible for that.  But you guys are terrible for getting your knickers in a twist over a band who really don't give 2 rashers for your opinion of them.  They are above you sniffling bone-diseased ppl, often refered to as neanderthals.  What ppl am I referring to?  Again, if you got offended by what I just wrote well then it must have been about you.  If you didn't get offended, well then you couldn't possibly be one of those bone-diseased ppl unless of course you are bone-diseased and terribly demented.  So, I may need to clarify to the demented that it could be about you but I'm not going to say one way or the other. You'll need to get a written letter from your psychiatrist stating one way or the other.

 

Now, I'm glad I got that out of the way.  It's helped, doc.
laugh.gif

 

love your posts, mummy...who ever you are... you deserve a big kiss X...

babs, I'm the future... since March 2009, Bono has been telling me that I need a big kiss.  So now, I'm getting them from you and from him.  This is great.  Kisses from a man, kisses from a woman. And not only are they kisses, they are big kisses. And not only am I getting them, I deserve them.  It's great being the future.  I recommend EVERYONE become the future because when you are the future, you're the epitome of hope.  Hope is the foundation of faith. In turn, faith is the keystone of civilization - without it, we are aimless beings hanging off the side of a rock that is just going round and round a hot fiery ball of flame until it explodes, dies out or floats away.

 

Now, to change the subject -

 

a) Who stopped the sun? when? why? and how? 

B) Who set the earth spinning? when? why? and how?

 

More questions from an inquisitive mind, wrapped up in dying clothes that unravel day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, and second by second:

 

1. Why are there 100 milliseconds in a second, when there are only 60 seconds in a minute?

2. Why are there 60 minutes in an hour, when there are only 24 hours in a day?

3. Why are there 7 days in a week, yet there are 52 weeks in a year?

4. If a centenary is 100 years, and a millenium is 1000 years, is a gillenium a million years, and a terrellium a billion years?

5. If in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, what was going on before that?

6. If Moses parted the Red Sea with his staff, how many do you think he had working for him?

7. If 7 is "perfection", 6 is "imperfection" and 3 is "emphasis", do you think you could figure out what 6-6-6 is?

8. If the Jews rejected Christ, the Christians corrupted Him, and the Muslims forgot Him, how can any of them be the true religion?

9. If I question my beliefs to the point that I lose faith, who is at fault?

10. Jesus said that the meek shall inherit the earth - is that only because they were too shy to ask to go to heaven?

11. Is faith a gift only given to those who don't question too much?

12. How did the devil know that a talking snake would be the best way to deceive Eve?

 

No answers required.  These are totally rhetorical. roll.gifWell...... A, B, 1, 2, 3 and 4 aren't that rhetorical at all :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.