Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Panth']Wow. Haven't heard this whinefest before.

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

I guess that makes Panth the Chopping Bored.

I'm in as the Cheese Bored.

[quote name='michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

panth i agree with what you said there, but the thing is u2 made no line for the fans? dont most fans hate the album?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

panth i agree with what you said there, but the thing is u2 made no line for the fans? dont most fans hate the album?

They made the album they wanted to make, and for the fans.  They didn't figure they're fans were old and unchanging and pissy.

There's more closet No Line fans than you know anyways.

[quote name='Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

They made the album they wanted to make, and for the fans.  They didn't figure they're fans were old and unchanging and pissy.

but most music these days is bought by young peeps, mainly through i-tunes and sales wise by u2 standards, thats a flunk!

i like no line, im old, but i have read more posts on here about how crap the album is than how amazing it is.

No more bullshit U2, make a fucking decent record!

I agree with that bit anyway...

If U2 wanted to be greedy then The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions wouldn't have materialized....and also those cool LED curtains.

If U2 hadn't been greedy The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions may not have materialized tongue.gif

[quote name='Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

We'll see how liked NLOTH is when @U2 publishes the results of their survey. IMHO it will be a good representation of how well is the new album liked.

[quote name='mummy wrote:

bflorendo']If U2 wanted to be greedy then The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions wouldn't have materialized....and also those cool LED curtains.

If U2 hadn't been greedy The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions may not have materialized tongue.gif

If U2 were greedy, they'd have the same / higher ticket prices with a lot cheaper and more conventional stage setup, keeping the difference to themselves. Instead, they chose to spend $0.75 million a day to have The Claw.

Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

but most music these days is bought by young peeps, mainly through i-tunes and sales wise by u2 standards, thats a flunk!

i like no line, im old, but i have read more posts on here about how crap the album is than how amazing it is.

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

- Not playing in City X sucks;

- Playing stadium X instead of Y sucks;

- Not playing in my country (the guys must hate my country);

- The Claw sucks;

- Not playing arenas sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The opening song sucks;

- The choice of songs sucks;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- YouTube broadcast sucks;

- etc....

You know what I hate about these threads? All the reposting of who said what. pages and pages and pages of reposting. Why can't people simply reference who's comments they are responding to and get on with their next thought? All I do now is scroll scroll scroll and hunt for whatever new words have been put in before signitiures and stuff.

Personal irritation!

[quote name='grin.gifKristaps wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

- The Claw sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- etc....

@scout 6 - are you talking about this kinda thing?

@kristaps - no matter what way you look at it, the current prices to stand in a field, or sit on a plastic seat, to listen to a few tunes, is extortion. Many people convince themselves that it is value for money, but where is the value?

You know what I hate about these threads? All the reposting of who said what. pages and pages and pages of reposting. Why can't people simply reference who's comments they are responding to and get on with their next thought? All I do now is scroll scroll scroll and hunt for whatever new words have been put in before signitiures and stuff.

Personal irritation!

board-bored..................................................

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

scout6']You know what I hate about these threads? All the reposting of who said what. pages and pages and pages of reposting. Why can't people simply reference who's comments they are responding to and get on with their next thought? All I do now is scroll scroll scroll and hunt for whatever new words have been put in before signitiures and stuff.

Personal irritation!

board-bored..................................................

Maybe as the ironing bored I should try to smooth out these problems!

[quote name='mummy wrote:

grin.gif

Kristaps wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

- The Claw sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- etc....

@kristaps - no matter what way you look at it, the current prices to stand in a field, or sit on a plastic seat, to listen to a few tunes, is extortion. Many people convince themselves that it is value for money, but where is the value?

sucks doesnt it!

mac u just gotta love ur sense of humor :) love it man!

I reckon the 360 claw show is well worth the money of the ticket. NLOTH is quality and FEZ imo is a classic in waiting. I dont agree with any of that crap!... unless the super deluxe DVD does come out at £110.00, then i might change my mind! :P

mummy wrote:

grin.gif
Kristaps wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Panth wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

- The Claw sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- etc....

sucks doesnt it!

Monkey-retarded man/ape-retarded man-man-Man shopping.

I dont think GA price of Eur55 is extortion. (It's even cheaper in North America)

It's mere 10Eur more than I paid for Metallica last week. The same price I paid for Queen+PR (~57Eur). Again, about Eur10 more than I paid for REM. And none of these bands put up a show that was anywhere close to what U2 did.

If U2 are extorting money, then Metallica/Queen/REM are global scammers that can only be compared to Bernie Madoff because their shows were all worse than Moby, to see whom I paid less than Eur 10. And worse than our local act which you haven't heard of.

mac u just gotta love ur sense of humor :) love it man!

not too weird for you!

When the focus becomes about the money and not the content then rest assured it is a sellout.

The band are concerned about the bottom line these days.

This thread is like being subjected to waterboreding
LOL, that's an understatement.

whine.jpg

Sellout = A sellout is a person who has sacrificed his morals, values or people close to him purely for personal gain.