Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

I'll be happy to translate for you, J (just) r (really) t (tired) of m (moaning).....

"Moaning" also known as: complaining, whining, yammering, bitching, whinging, sniveling, bellyaching, grumbling, lamenting...shall I go on?

Why come to the fansite to complain is my question.

Hope this clarifies.

personnaly i agree with u 2 both

that won t help but i have to say

Oh sorry, you were being a smart arse. I should have spotted that.

Well seeing I am a member of www.u2.com and hey have a forum

Definition:- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Seeing the majority here would buy a U2 album of Bono farting the back catalogue and who would probably lobby for that album to get a Grammy Award I thought I would add my 2 cents about the band being a sell out.

I'm also pretty sure if the band thought they could make money off Bono farting the back catalogue they would release it and no doubt you would all buy it and rave about it's brilliance and how amazing the new direction is.

Fair enough, Jrtm. You are entitled to your opinion. But in case you haven't read the first 7 pages of this thread, there isn't much back-and-forth open discussion between you or anyone else on the topic. I guess us 'fans' are all a bunch of smart arses (cheese bored, watering bored, ironing bored, dart bored (haha, a new one!), sucking discussions and what-have-you...). My opinion is that I am tired of the whining.

Do you have tickets to any of the upcoming shows or is that supporting the big, bad U2 machine? Or, let me guess - they aren't coming to your city and you're mad about that, too?

I have no idea if they are coming to Australia and frankly couldn't give a crap if I had to listen to the shite that is NLOTH.

Admit this isn't the place to say anything contra about U2 but if you people all keep praising their shite they will just keep releasing it and keep taking your money for it.

U2 will come to australia and japan for a future leg, there is big to bet on that

but hopefuly for you Jrtm that they re coming for the next concept tour

U2 are a brand (Yes I mean BRAND not just band)

Music is also a business, the creative part is way overrated

and if you don't like it... though beans buddy cuz that's the way it's gonna be!

(PS. Try other bands, it's not U2's music is the only thing you've got to listen to)

t if you people all keep praising their shite they will just keep releasing it and keep taking your money for it.

I have to disagree on that one with you honney, no one's forcing these people to keep listening, just look at them! They seem pretty happy paying for it.

also i understand Jrtm can dislike no line on the horizon cos it is more european style than they use to do i think .. to find a european style U2 album you have to rewind until War so that i undertand

it 's also the reason why the album didn t work in the usa

Can I say U2 RULES again?

Of course I can....

I think No Line is a good solid album with some attempts that fall flat--

No Line should have come out a few months earlier and included Mercy....

But once again, U2 does still rule.... 

also i understand Jrtm can dislike no line on the horizon cos it is more european style than they use to do i think .. to find a european style U2 album you have to rewind until War so that i undertand

ummm, Zooropa? Couldn't get much more European than that don't you think?

and Jtrm, dude, instead of getting your knickers in a knot and wasting time having the shits at a band you no longer enjoy, why not just listen to something else?

I mean, if I get sick of chicken I'm not going to go to a farm and yell at a rooster, I'll just cook a steak intstead.

And I'll think you'll find that many people on here have various opinions on U2, on won't buy in to your farting the back catalogue cliches.

You'll find many threads in here that don't praise the almighty Bon Bon.

And as for the biggest corparate band of the last 30 years "selling out", well no shit.

Doesn't at all change the fact for me that I like their music.

ummm, Zooropa? Couldn't get much more European than that don't you think?

and Jtrm, dude, instead of getting your knickers in a knot and wasting time having the shits at a band you no longer enjoy, why not just listen to something else?

I mean, if I get sick of chicken I'm not going to go to a farm and yell at a rooster, I'll just cook a steak intstead.

And I'll think you'll find that many people on here have various opinions on U2, on won't buy in to your farting the back catalogue cliches.

You'll find many threads in here that don't praise the almighty Bon Bon.

And as for the biggest corparate band of the last 30 years "selling out", well no shit.

Doesn't at all change the fact for me that I like their music.

oups zooropa .. i forgot that one

and toddv , like said Jrtm : he has this forum- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

oups zooropa .. i forgot that one

and toddv , like said Jrtm : he has this forum- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Open forum is here man....I am just saying a known fact: U2 RULES.....

Some complain, I don't....during these tough times U2 has helped, not hurt....and I want to say thanks....

and achtung baby .. oups oups

i think you re right Toddv 

however U2 have hurt some fans apparently

Achtung is a work of art.....

I like all of U2's studio stuff, yet of course some better then others....No Line just took too long and they actually played with it too much....

With all the crap going on in everyone's life....I put on U2 and somehow I smile....I listen to the entire Zooropa album today fighting my way home to hollywood and it was just awesome....A 13 hour day, and I ended it with a smile....

now you make me realise that no line is also a bit north african and that is the big difference with achtung baby who was german/irish

Can't wait till the next legs of 360....U2 only gets better during tours. Their songs are so complex to play live it usually takes them a leg or two to work them out....Glad Salt Lake City was added as they will work some kinks out before getting to So Cal....

CAN'T WAIT.....

now you make me realise that no line is also a bit north african and that is the big difference with achtung baby who was german/irish

Achtung was also pretty influenced by the UK indie/ shoe-gazer scene of the time.� You can definitely hear a bit of Primal Scream, Happy Mondays. Stone Roses, and My Bloody Valentine in Achtung.� And if you think about it, the boys obviously got Paul Oakenfold to do all those Perfecto remixes and be a Zoo tour DJ on the strength of his production work and remixes of the Happy Mondays and DJing at the Hacienda.

Pop was also pretty Euro.� You can hear the influence of UK Big Beat and Electronica acts who were huge at the time, specifically Underworld, Prodigy and there'd be no Mofo if the Chemical Brothers hadn't existed.

Mofo sounds a lot like the Chems "Setting Sun" in particular.

And lets not forget Floods production duties, and also Scottish trip hop legend Howie Bs production work.

Achtung was also pretty influenced by the UK indie/ shoe-gazer scene of the time.� You can definitely hear a bit of Primal Scream, Happy Mondays. Stone Roses, and My Bloody Valentine in Achtung.� And if you think about it, the boys obviously got Paul Oakenfold to do all those Perfecto remixes and be a Zoo tour DJ on the strength of his production work and remixes of the Happy Mondays and DJing at the Hacienda.

Pop was also pretty Euro.� You can hear the influence of UK Big Beat and Electronica acts who were huge at the time, specifically Underworld, Prodigy and there'd be no Mofo if the Chemical Brothers hadn't existed.

Mofo sounds a lot like the Chems "Setting Sun" in particular.

And lets not forget Floods production duties, and also Scottish trip hop legend Howie Bs production work.

I am hoping they play a POP song on this next leg....Disco into Starring would be awesome....

I am hoping they play a POP song on this next leg....Disco into Starring would be awesome....

Mofo fo sho!

I'd love those sell-out bastards (staying on topic!) to crack out Please, Dead Man, and Gone too.

Mofo fo sho!

I'd love those sell-out bastards (staying on topic!) to crack out Please, Dead Man, and Gone too.

Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Dead man, Gone, Last night....they can all work....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....