Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

im going to defend the remasters here.

so lets look here shall we? the beatles, sell outs? for releasing remasters? i dont think so.

led zepp, sellouts? i dont think so.

why should u2 be sellouts because of the remasters? for one, boy sounds so much more fresher, and there are certain songs you can hear more things. like blasts of larry's drums on electric, the bass sounds more solid in places, esp on the first few songs, they have taken out the clicks of edge's pedal pressings.

the joshua tree, remastered is the dog balls! with streets adam's bass is more clear, the drums are more clear, its not all about them being louder, for sure they will be louder, they are not going to make the the same volume are they. and these albums were originally released in the 80's so 30 years later i think its about time u2 remasterd the albums.

im a sucker for the remasters by bands. if you think about it the best sound you could get if from vinyl. the dense sounds, the good systems to play them on. remaster is like that, but with more clarity.

releasing remasters doesnt mean you sell out, in no terms.

Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Dead man, Gone, Last night....they can all work....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....

I actually love Miami! I'll take it over the Playboy Mansion any day.

Any did you ever notice that Please was the pseudo sequel to SBS?  I love on the Popmart tour how the iconic SBS drum riff featured during the "September, streets capsizing" part

And I'm with Mac on the remasters.

I'll use the hoary old chestnut that generally does my head in, but it applies here - you don't have to buy them.

As an audiophile, I've got no problems with the band using the current mastering technology to bring the stereo mix of 20 and 30 year old albums up to date. And they've all been well packaged and well presented thus far.

Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....

Any did you ever notice that Please was the pseudo sequel to SBS?  I love on the Popmart tour how the iconic SBS drum riff featured during the "September, streets capsizing" part

I'll use the hoary old chestnut that generally does my head in, but it applies here - you don't have to buy them.

As an audiophile, I've got no problems with the band using the current mastering technology to bring the stereo mix of 20 and 30 year old albums up to date. And they've all been well packaged and well presented thus far.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

toddv']Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

miami is a fantastic song! cant understand people saying its the worst u2 song ever. its brilliant, inventive, dark, bono rapping, amazing bass line, great lyrics, i cant fault it really. so what if it doesnt have a chorus, thats not what u2 were about in 1997 and its a shame pop was the most they pushed the boat out.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

miami is a fantastic song! cant understand people saying its the worst u2 song ever. its brilliant, inventive, dark, bono rapping, amazing bass line, great lyrics, i cant fault it really. so what if it doesnt have a chorus, thats not what u2 were about in 1997 and its a shame pop was the most they pushed the boat out.

Bono forgot to pee before they left shore, so they turned the boat around.

He should have just wazzed over the side.

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

with the rise of electro pop making a come back, alot of chart music i hear these days sounds like 80's electro pop, im suprised u2 are not looking to move in this way next. after all they move with the times. like pop in 97, they had no choice but to make that album, same with achtung and the rule of indie bands, same with bomb, they tried to compete with bands like razorlight and the kooks, no line they were competing with killers, KOL.

lets face it lady gaga might not be to everyones taste, but it screams 80's electro to me, and lets face it, these modern artists must be doing something right!

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

with the rise of electro pop making a come back, alot of chart music i hear these days sounds like 80's electro pop, im suprised u2 are not looking to move in this way next. after all they move with the times. like pop in 97, they had no choice but to make that album, same with achtung and the rule of indie bands, same with bomb, they tried to compete with bands like razorlight and the kooks, no line they were competing with killers, KOL.

lets face it lady gaga might not be to everyones taste, but it screams 80's electro to me, and lets face it, these modern artists must be doing something right!

I'd love to see Trent Reznor produce a U2 album.  He's producing the new Janes Addiction, so it's not that far fetched.

He could team up with Flood who co-produced some NIN albums.

Could be awesome!

But I don't think U2 would be willing to shed the fair-weather fans like they did with Achtung.

Radiohead were brave enough to do what they wanted with Kid A and make the change - mind there's still plenty of douche bag Radiohead fans.

Hey Mac, working on a mash of Reckoner and Foleys F'n Funk!

Stay tuned.

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

I'd love to see Trent Reznor produce a U2 album.  He's producing the new Janes Addiction, so it's not that far fetched.

Could be awesome!

But I don't think U2 would be willing to shed the fair-weather fans like they did with Achtung.

Radiohead were brave enough to do what they wanted with Kid A and make the change - mind there's still plenty of douche bag Radiohead fans.

Stay tuned.

And on the electro thing - seems like they gave it a go with Boots and everyone had a big cry.

Would have been great if they'd put the dance version of Crazy on the album instead of the insipid rock mix

And on the electro thing - seems like they gave it a go with Boots and everyone had a big cry.

Would have been great if they'd put the dance version of Crazy on the album instead of the insipid rock mix

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

Could be awesome!

Stay tuned.

sounds good mickster!

Huh. This thread is just stupid itinerant whining and annoying piss moaning by someone who has no talent or musical ability.

Also, U2 fans have sold out. That's right.

mix it up a little eh mick? boots is a good track i like that one. its got programming written all over it, yet live it sounds more rocking! i dont understand how boots wasnt a big hit single to be honest, their fans were crying out for some electro u2, and when they got it, they ran away!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

Kristaps']

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

- Not playing in City X sucks;

- Playing stadium X instead of Y sucks;

- Not playing in my country (the guys must hate my country);

- The Claw sucks;

- Not playing arenas sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The opening song sucks;

- The choice of songs sucks;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- YouTube broadcast sucks;

- etc....

devil.gif"> Wonroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifLove it Zhivvy!!!!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifI think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......tongue.gifwink.gif..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....tongue.gifwink.gif

Oh sorry, you were being a smart arse. I should have spotted that.

Well seeing I am a member of www.u2.com and hey have a forum

Definition:- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Seeing the majority here would buy a U2 album of Bono farting the back catalogue and who would probably lobby for that album to get a Grammy Award I thought I would add my 2 cents about the band being a sell out.

I'm also pretty sure if the band thought they could make money off Bono farting the back catalogue they would release it and no doubt you would all buy it and rave about it's brilliance and how amazing the new direction is.

*holds hands up*.Id be guilty of buying EVERY Bottle of BMans Sweat.......tongue.giftongue.gif

mummy']mac u just gotta love ur sense of humor
:)
love it man!

not too weird for you!

Nothing is too weird for me, man.  Actually I lie.  Jimmy Carr is too weird for me.  Can that lad laugh? Anyone who can stand there and say the funniest things and not laugh is too weird!  tongue.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

vertigoed']I probably wouldnt but man... Bman is gorgeous... Who could resist those mind pictures?!

so glad an 18 year old understands and even shares our crush on the B-man..... thanx for that vertigoed!

Zhivvy, you've corrupted the minds of the young.... I feel sorry for the kids.roll.gif

I mean, if I get sick of chicken I'm not going to go to a farm and yell at a rooster, I'll just cook a steak intstead.

Now that is how you make a point!  laugh.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

vertigoed']I probably wouldnt but man... Bman is gorgeous... Who could resist those mind pictures?!

so glad an 18 year old understands and even shares our crush on the B-man..... thanx for that vertigoed!

Zhivvy, you've corrupted the minds of the young.... I feel sorry for the kids.roll.gif

I am on better behaviour when i am in the class - as for vertigoed - she was part way there already she didn't need that much corrupting - and  Bono had started corrupting me from when i was 17 with looking all smouldering in those videos and singing like that! So he started it!!

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56']

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

- Not playing in City X sucks;

- Playing stadium X instead of Y sucks;

- Not playing in my country (the guys must hate my country);

- The Claw sucks;

- Not playing arenas sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The opening song sucks;

- The choice of songs sucks;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- YouTube broadcast sucks;

- etc....

devil.gif"> Wonroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifLove it Zhivvy!!!!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifI think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......tongue.gifwink.gif..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....tongue.gifwink.gif

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

Oh sorry, you were being a smart arse. I should have spotted that.

Well seeing I am a member of www.u2.com and hey have a forum

Definition:- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Seeing the majority here would buy a U2 album of Bono farting the back catalogue and who would probably lobby for that album to get a Grammy Award I thought I would add my 2 cents about the band being a sell out.

I'm also pretty sure if the band thought they could make money off Bono farting the back catalogue they would release it and no doubt you would all buy it and rave about it's brilliance and how amazing the new direction is.

Why did I ask to say something when I'm going to say something?  I hate when I do that.  I hate it too when others do it.  So does that entitle me to hate?  No.  Not at all.  What am I on about?  I have no idea.  None.  Does it matter?  No, it doesnt.  Why am I asking questions and then answering them? I don't know.  I really don't know.  And why did I repeat myself with emphasis?  Who knows?  I don't.  And if I don't know - me being the one who thought this crap up - how on earth is anyone else to know?  Again, I'm asking questions that are either rhetorical or unanswerable.  I'm terrible for that.  But you guys are terrible for getting your knickers in a twist over a band who really don't give 2 rashers for your opinion of them.  They are above you sniffling bone-diseased ppl, often refered to as neanderthals.  What ppl am I referring to?  Again, if you got offended by what I just wrote well then it must have been about you.  If you didn't get offended, well then you couldn't possibly be one of those bone-diseased ppl unless of course you are bone-diseased and terribly demented.  So, I may need to clarify to the demented that it could be about you but I'm not going to say one way or the other. You'll need to get a written letter from your psychiatrist stating one way or the other.

Now, I'm glad I got that out of the way.  It's helped, doc. laugh.gif

badgirl56']
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
Love it Zhivvy!!!!!!!
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
I think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......
tongue.gifwink.gif
..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....
tongue.gifwink.gif

As long as I don't need to wear those nursing bras from mother care again!!!tongue.gif

(unless he asked me too really nicely!)

*runs to the nearest toilet to puke*

mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy, you've corrupted the minds of the young.... I feel sorry for the kids.
roll.gif

I am on better behaviour when i am in the class - as for vertigoed - she was part way there already she didn't need that much corrupting - and  Bono had started corrupting me from when i was 17 with looking all smouldering in those videos and singing like that! So he started it!!

This is true! I really didn't need much to corrupt me... It's Bono's fault for being so amazing!

Why did I ask to say something when I'm going to say something?  I hate when I do that.  I hate it too when others do it.  So does that entitle me to hate?  No.  Not at all.  What am I on about?  I have no idea.  None.  Does it matter?  No, it doesnt.  Why am I asking questions and then answering them? I don't know.  I really don't know.  And why did I repeat myself with emphasis?  Who knows?  I don't.  And if I don't know - me being the one who thought this crap up - how on earth is anyone else to know?  Again, I'm asking questions that are either rhetorical or unanswerable.  I'm terrible for that.  But you guys are terrible for getting your knickers in a twist over a band who really don't give 2 rashers for your opinion of them.  They are above you sniffling bone-diseased ppl, often refered to as neanderthals.  What ppl am I referring to?  Again, if you got offended by what I just wrote well then it must have been about you.  If you didn't get offended, well then you couldn't possibly be one of those bone-diseased ppl unless of course you are bone-diseased and terribly demented.  So, I may need to clarify to the demented that it could be about you but I'm not going to say one way or the other. You'll need to get a written letter from your psychiatrist stating one way or the other.

Now, I'm glad I got that out of the way.  It's helped, doc. laugh.gif

love your posts, mummy...who ever you are... you deserve a big kiss X...

and jrtm: i love u2 and their music... i wouldnt buy a farting-album, thou...eyes.gif and i don buy the remasterds unless its an album i lack in my collection (thatds why i bought UF-remasterd) or the original needs to be replaced (cause its scratched or a tape )

and why is it when you and your fellow moaners come here to smash our heads in with your nasty, hatefull posts, its a matter of 'freedom of opinion cause its a forum!!' and when we express our love for the band and music... we're a bunch of idiots that don know shit bout it and just would buy anything as long as it comes out of bono's mouth (or arse.)??

sick.gif

so much for an open and honest discussion.....eyes.gif