Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

@kristaps yeah ur probably right. If u can answer them, please do! :)

Well, I can't answer perfectly them as I don't have the knowledge a university degree in the specific field, but from what I understand and know:

a) The sun has not stopped. It's constantly moving through the space, spinning around the centre of our galaxy;

B) Has to do with the ways the solar system got created and the forces of gravity;

1&2) 60 seconds in a minute / 60 minutes in an hour / 360 degrees (24 hours too?) - this all comes from Sumer civilisation as they had their counting system based on the base 60. There are 1000 milliseconds in a second because the prefix "mili-" means "one thousandth" and comes from Latin, from "milli" - thousand. This is how the scientists have agreed to measure time. They could've just as well agreed to divide a second in octoseconds - in 8ths of a second.

3) 7 days come, again, from Babylonians/Sumer and I guess it has something to do with Moon cycles. And there are 52 weeks because, well, that's what you get when you divide how many days there are in a year with how many days you have in a week.

4) As said before, "milli" (or mille?) is "thousand" in Latin. Hence there’s “millennium†in English language. So using the same analogy the Latin (maybe even Greek) words for "million" and "billion" could be used to denote million and billion years. But we don't count time like that.

And I'm sure other questions can be answered too, but there can be no right answers as those are theological questions, and they can be interpreted in many ways.

It's what I've leard in high school, university, watching Discovery ch. and reading here and there. I'm sure a person who has a degree in a specific field could easily point out several mistakes... lol

Now I'm curious about the question why there are 7 days in a week and where does it come from myself... :D

It's what I've leard in high school, university, watching Discovery ch. and reading here and there. I'm sure a person who has a degree in a specific field could easily point out several mistakes... lol

Now I'm curious about the question why there are 7 days in a week and where does it come from myself... :D

It was from the jewish calender and then used by the romans too. before that there was 8 or 9 day weeks but then it didn't equate into a year so then some weeks were made to be only 5 days to match it all up. So i guess it just made sense to make it all work out equally and therefore weeks became 7 days.

When I was a kid I though how cool it would be to have 8 days in a week - 5 days for work and 3 to rest. At the time it did not occur to be that "adults" might not understand what the 8th day is for and make is a business day too :D

When I was a kid I though how cool it would be to have 8 days in a week - 5 days for work and 3 to rest. At the time it did not occur to be that "adults" might not understand what the 8th day is for and make is a business day too :D
As an adult i still want two day weeks and 5 day weekends! But the same pay package!

We should have more people like you in governments around the world!
thank you! laugh.gif Would like that power! But it might go to my head. But i could demand U2 tours whenever I wanted and special ones just for zootops!

You could always ask for a special show in your back yard too ;-)

Good idea - Would be a very small and intimate gig - but that would be good!

(Zhivvy goes to remove child's swing and slide from garden for forthcoming gig!)

I don't know...about roosters standing on a roof of an apartment complex being tempted to have sex with a chicken in the inter lube near the freeway in the city state of Tyre near the ruins of Venpatian's very active volcano.

Pray for the lost ones! Pray for them in the chamber of memories!

I don't know...about roosters standing on a roof of an apartment complex being tempted to have sex with a chicken in the inter lube near the freeway in the city state of Tyre near the ruins of Venpatian's very active volcano.

ROFL.....

Have you been smoking, or is my brain not functioning?

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Panth']I don't know...about roosters standing on a roof of an apartment complex being tempted to have sex with a chicken in the inter lube near the freeway in the city state of Tyre near the ruins of Venpatian's very active volcano.

Have you been smoking, or is my brain not functioning?

Your brains are not functioning.

So after earning X amount of cash in the music biz all artists should do things at there own cost? We'll I wouldn't go to work for feck all, so why would anybody else want to. I'm more than happy to cough up for my personal enjoyment for years to come.

8 pages same story and I'm stiff as a bored.

@agt- not entirely true. The subject changed quite dramatically due to a number of successful hijacks. :)

There should be another hijack attempt soon again - because the thread is on the topic again. :D

what topic? I dont think were on topic kristaps. Were on the fringes of it, alright. Can we talk about time travel. How about we go into the future? We can create a new unit of time known as 'time'. One time (t) is 1000th of a day. A day is also known as a kilotime (kt). Therefore there are roughly 365.25kt in a year. This means there are 86.4 seconds in a time. In other words 1t is equal to 1min, 26seconds and 40 milliseconds. The clock (or dectimemeter) will have 1000t that will be divided up into dectimes (100t or 1dt). Ppl will work on average 3.5dt per day. Speed limits would change to m/t. So 100mph would translate as 260m/t. This would help people to drive slower because the numbers are higher thus giving them the sense that they are driving faster. The speed limit in built up areas wud now be 80m/t. Speed on motorways wud be 180m/t.

There should be another hijack attempt soon again - because the thread is on the topic again. :D
I'd like to complain about.....oh wait, that's right no one wants to hear it (in this thread, anyways!)

I'm still trying to comprehend Panth's roosters, chickens, inner tube and volcano statement. My brain isn't functioning, either...hehe

what topic? I dont think were on topic kristaps. Were on the fringes of it, alright. Can we talk about time travel. How about we go into the future? We can create a new unit of time known as 'time'. One time (t) is 1000th of a day. A day is also known as a kilotime (kt). Therefore there are roughly 365.25kt in a year. This means there are 86.4 seconds in a time. In other words 1t is equal to 1min, 26seconds and 40 milliseconds. The clock (or dectimemeter) will have 1000t that will be divided up into dectimes (100t or 1dt). Ppl will work on average 3.5dt per day. Speed limits would change to m/t. So 100mph would translate as 260m/t. This would help people to drive slower because the numbers are higher thus giving them the sense that they are driving faster. The speed limit in built up areas wud now be 80m/t. Speed on motorways wud be 180m/t.

i think i would be lost after 3rd line.eek.gif.eek.gif.eek.gif.even if this was in dutch, mummy! nice hijack ...but you're on your own there, my friendeyes.gif