Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

It's a beautiful day here how is it where you are?

I assume that you're saying it's 22 where you are? I'd LOVE for that to happen here :( Goddamn Edmonton. Was freaking 30 on Tuesday, now it's 14 here with shitty rain. :(

and they're expecting more of this for the weekdn... but starting from monday it will be cold....again!! so seems we're in the same boat?

Where are you located? Sounds like you're from Edmonton. The 2nd coldest place in NA. Winter-wise that is, but it is pretty cold here.

nope! this is belgium.... famous for its changeable weather! there's always a 'too' in our weatherforcast... 

too cold, too warm (not for me tho! never too warm in my opinion...), too wet, too windy...

btw: where's edmonton exactly?

Thought today was a beautiful day - lovely and warm - still is now - until i tried to run 5.5km in it! Lost 10 kgs in sweating i think lol!! better than running in the rain though

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Anjana']or should that be il fait chaud...anyway it's hot!
happy.gif

it is il fait chaud - C'est chaud, does mean it is hot but literally translated is 'It has heat'. I once said Je suis chaud - roughly translated I'm hot and horny!!! - I amused the French family I was living with at the time!

I've said the same thing and got a similar response, but a perfectly normal and appropriate statement if one is discussing Bono!

Another fabulously perfect day here (runs and hide from those with cold) . . . . by the weekend it is supposed to cool down to something like 70 degrees, not that that is so bad either, lol.

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Anjana']or should that be il fait chaud...anyway it's hot!
happy.gif

it is il fait chaud - C'est chaud, does mean it is hot but literally translated is 'It has heat'. I once said Je suis chaud - roughly translated I'm hot and horny!!! - I amused the French family I was living with at the time!

I've said the same thing and got a similar response, but a perfectly normal and appropriate statement if one is discussing Bono!

Well true with that point lol!

Where are you located? Sounds like you're from Edmonton. The 2nd coldest place in NA. Winter-wise that is, but it is pretty cold here.

Oh no, that won't do! Am sending some sun your way..hang on I'll just move it a over a bit...

sun.jpg

It's currently 91 & sunny, sunny, sunny here!

91?!!  manolive  that's damn fine hot!glasses.gif

Have a great weekend all, what y'all up to?

We've just had a skip delivered for the big garden dig so will be busy busy for a few days with a few hot sweaty men around me to feed and lubricatelaugh.gif

Hope you all get some glorious sunshine, have a good 'un

xx

Glorious day again - although had nothing but kids moaning about it all morning that it is too hot - the same kids who a couple of months ago complained that it was too cold!!

I would prefer to be sitting outside having a nice glass of wine - and I will be in a few hours!!

Don't work too hard in the garden Anj!!!

sunny in belgium too, we still have a few clouds.... but still nice enough! only problem; i cant really truelly enjoy it, have to avoid too much sun cause of the lasering being done on my tattoo....

but i wont complain! i'll wear a band crosse my wrist and enjoy it carefully....

ps: can you believe them kids?? complaining bout too cold/ too hot like that?? and i always thought it were the grown-ups that were grumpy and never satisfied?!

sunny in belgium too, we still have a few clouds.... but still nice enough! only problem; i cant really truelly enjoy it, have to avoid too much sun cause of the lasering being done on my tattoo....

but i wont complain! i'll wear a band crosse my wrist and enjoy it carefully....

ps: can you believe them kids?? complaining bout too cold/ too hot like that?? and i always thought it were the grown-ups that were grumpy and never satisfied?!

No Barbara it is 14 year old whiny kids! Can't work because it is too hot - and can they go outside ot work on the fields - explained that seeing I can't trust them to work in a classroom i am not that foolish as to let them go outside! I may be mad but not that mad!

i remember that! in our community-schools (the ones founded by the government as an alternative to the catholic-schools) you can take the 'catholic-religion-class' or the 'ethics-class'.

i had the ethics (as i'm not catholic at all!) and when the weather was nice we always tried to convince our teacher to let us go into town and interview people bout certain ethical-questions.... teacher often agreed, cause meant he/she could sit on a terrace and have a drink while we wandered around the market-place!

i remember that! in our community-schools (the ones founded by the government as an alternative to the catholic-schools) you can take the 'catholic-religion-class' or the 'ethics-class'.

i had the ethics (as i'm not catholic at all!) and when the weather was nice we always tried to convince our teacher to let us go into town and interview people bout certain ethical-questions.... teacher often agreed, cause meant he/she could sit on a terrace and have a drink while we wandered around the market-place!

That's what I used to do when I was a teacher in Poland - afternoon lessons consisted of sitting in the town square with coffee and pastries!

Glorious day again - although had nothing but kids moaning about it all morning that it is too hot - the same kids who a couple of months ago complained that it was too cold!!

I would prefer to be sitting outside having a nice glass of wine - and I will be in a few hours!!

Don't work too hard in the garden Anj!!!

The little ingrates!!! Not appreciating the sun I've been sending rolleyes.gif

I used to find reasons to take them out to the field while I supervised from a lawn chair with an iced tea . . . let's see, one lesson was pretend you are Lewis and Clark and sketch the flora and fauna you discover. That was a good lesson as it involved combining my class with another teacher who happened to be a good friend - made that into a two-day lesson as we felt it was very important that the kids write journal entries while exploring the "wilderness" just to get the whole Lewis and Clark experience thumbsup.gif

not fair! why cant i take my patients outside like that?! they could install an outside-shower.... or maybe a hot-tub! i could even join them! and they would be not only very clean, but relaxed too (and so would i!)...

Sounds like a plan, Barbara! Maybe you could work that out?

Good luck with your plans barbara - i think it sound a good idea!

another beautiful, sunny and warm day! when my colleague picked me up at 6.30am (yes i admit, didnt took the bike today, but i did yesterday!) it was hot enough to leave the house without a jacket, just wearing t-shirt!

another beautiful, sunny and warm day! when my colleague picked me up at 6.30am (yes i admit, didnt took the bike today, but i did yesterday!) it was hot enough to leave the house without a jacket, just wearing t-shirt!

What just a t-shirt? No underwear? No trousers? Are you allowed to go to work dressed like that?

LOL . . .

we have sun, but wind, so the last couple days have been cold . . . brrrr!