Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

It's a beautiful day here how is it where you are?

Here it's a beautiful day in France, the weather is sunny and VERY hot... If only I had a swimming pool in the garden !!

Here it's a beautiful day in France, the weather is sunny and VERY hot... If only I had a swimming pool in the garden !!

If you did we would all be knocking on your door!

yes another lovely day! so glad i've got the weekend off! yeah!

we had our first box of strawberries this week to, zhiv! yep! hans buys them a whole box at a time!

had strawberries with bread, strawberries with ice-cream, and this morning i even had strawberries with my oatmeal...mmmhhhhh!

yes another lovely day! so glad i've got the weekend off! yeah!

we had our first box of strawberries this week to, zhiv! yep! hans buys them a whole box at a time!

had strawberries with bread, strawberries with ice-cream, and this morning i even had strawberries with my oatmeal...mmmhhhhh!

We buy lots of strawberries when they are in season - the local ones from here are so delicious - I just have to fight Eleanor for them! And she fights dirty so she wins!

and she even beats you?! poor john.....tongue.gif

This is why we buy lots - we hide them from her!!! So once she is sleeping we can eat some!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Laetitia_w']Here it's a beautiful day in France, the weather is sunny and VERY hot... If only I had a swimming pool in the garden !!

And you will be welcome !!!

[quote name='Laetitia_w wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Laetitia_w']Here it's a beautiful day in France, the weather is sunny and VERY hot... If only I had a swimming pool in the garden !!

And you will be welcome !!!

Invitation to my house . . . there is a pool in the garden and you're welcome to come join us thumbsup.gif

bty, it must be in the 90's today . . . very warm!!!

wish i could take my bike or bus and come over to your garden, jan! would be nice... we have the inflatable sort a pool. but we wanna buy some wooden tiles first , to put underneath, cause had some problems last year.

it was nice tho! it was a very long, hot summer so we had lots of fun in it. i remember coming home from work on bike! so very heathed. and jumping in it (not even took time to change into swimsuit! too hot! just took of clothes and dove in wiht my undiesembarassed.gif)

Invitation to my house . . . there is a pool in the garden and you're welcome to come join us thumbsup.gif

happy.gifhappy.gif

It's been beautiful in Southern Kentucky and Nashville. But we have thunderstorms building almost every afternoon/evening for the next 10 days :( I'll be bringing lots of rain gear to the CMA Music Fest next week. That will cause a lot of the outside concerts to be stopped, darn it. That happened one night the first time I went to it. Was no fun. Last year at Nashville's 4th of July, rain moved in just before the fireworks. They still did the fireworks, I had never seen fireworks in a thunderstorm. Was weird, lol. We only watched for about 10 minutes, then got out of there. My feet were soaked by the time caught a cab to go to my hotel. And lost my cell phone. But, I will still go this year, Trace Adkins is the headliner for the 4th of July. :) Free, would not miss that for anything.

It's finally nice and sunny outside which is great because it's harder to get around on rainy days in my neck of the woods.

been sitting in garden,  listening to music while making tazuki's almost entire afternoon. off to shoeshop to buy silas a new pair, and some nice flipflops for me... and a swimsuit for lena,and a new pair of sunglasses cause the old ones didnt quite fit her anymore (teased her that her head had gotten to big)

Its like a beautiful spring day today, and I feel seedy..lol

We had the thunder and the rain during the night and is bright and sunny again. We've just said goodbye to my parents as they set off driving to Greece and staying there til the end of July - lucky them!

Back at work tomorrow and feeling a little down about that as been hard work with the kids over the past few weeks - feel invisible and that I may as well not be there. And I've not marked the second set of exam papers as i have just discovered that i left the mark scheme at work! Opps!

Off to the gym and pool this afternoon which hopefully will cheer me up!

Well of course this is long and you don't have to read it.....but this is how my day has been going.....and I have had some caffeine.....

It was a iffy night where I was- I kept seeing wall clouds. I get home and am watching U2 DVD and hear big thuds and crunching and what sounds like a muffler from a car. It sounded like it  had dropped and was dragging along.  I kept hearing a crucnching sound  the rest of the night as if other cars mufflers were dropping. I was very curious and worried but cars would go by on our busy street and no one slowed down as if there were an accident. So as it is getting lighter I hear sirens. I ran outside. (The air was cool, and the sun was coming up and the grass was all dewy and I saw lots of mushrooms growing in the grass-but I digress). So I am hearing sirens and lots of them. I imagined there was a car and people didn't see it in the dark and now as it lightens people saw an accident. Three fire engines and an ambulance were up at our corner investigating a  school which sits lower down from the street so I was worried a car skidded and went over the edge (the Edge!). I get to the driveway and our thick steel mail box and its 12 inch around pole is just gone. Gone. There is a hole where the pole was just snapped off in half right where the pole went into the ground. I look down the street and it is strewn all about. The huge post is 50 yards away and the thick steel box is in pieces and crunched up. Our neighbors box got hit first (according to the tracks in the grass from the vehicle) and his little pine mail box post and aluminum mailbox is laying in his driveway. I always imagined stupid kids who would go around hitting mailboxes with bats would hit ours in the past. They would get a big surprise-expecting it to crumble it instead would just shake it off. The thing was a rock. My dad designed the mailbox himself. He had it special made. I don't know what the firemen found at the school but they were looking all over and ignored me as I picked up the heavy pieces of our mailbox. My dad died in 2007 and I am just so sad his box is decemated. Only, and I mean only a car going pretty fast or truck coulda taken it out. There are deep tracks in our yard. Anyway, I assume no one was hurt and I can say this now. I hope it was some stupid kid who had been driving his parents brand new car. I am going to proudly display the remnants of our mailbox at the curb for a while so that those parents know that their kid hit OUR mailbox. That the kid is never going to be driving their car again. They won't let him. The box HAD to leave a huge dent in that car/truck. I mean the parts were a block away!!! There is no way of that kid talking their way out of being grounded due to the dent that sucker had to have made!!!

i did read it, badsilver. wasnt easy for me to follow the story, but i understand most of it! sorry for your mailbox and it is a good thing nobody got injured.

we had our rainshower! was very warm and still sunny this morning, so i was sitting in garden again, having coffee and enjoying sun. round noon i came in to make pancakes, and couple of mins later lena rushed in with her books (was studying outside) cause was raining really hard. its over now, but still cloudy , so maybe we're in for more?

opened doors and windows, and house is getting cooler already.

I love the cool feeling after it rains. I love rain. I hate lightening. It is one of my phobias. That and centipedes.

I love the cool feeling after it rains. I love rain. I hate lightening. It is one of my phobias. That and centipedes.

its weird... i hate rain, but love lightening... i know its dangerous and accidents can happen cause of it. but i've always had this fascination bout it, even as a little kid i was never afraid of it. not that clever.... but icant explain?

It fascinates me...but I fear it too! I am weird. Same with tornados. Terrify me but I have to watch the sky. I was in charge last night and kept watching the clouds outside since I would have to move the patients into the hall if there was a warning. Well our hospital has stopped announcing the tornado watches-just announce the warnings. So I have to watch...I will have to email someone because it is silly not to announce the watches. It at least gives us a heads up. I mean to suddenly announce a warning would be shocking without having announced a watch first. They owe us that since we are too busy to be watching the TV for watches and warnings! Ohh I need to switch to decaff coffee...

It fascinates me...but I fear it too! I am weird. Same with tornados. Terrify me but I have to watch the sky. I was in charge last night and kept watching the clouds outside since I would have to move the patients into the hall if there was a warning. Well our hospital has stopped announcing the tornado watches-just announce the warnings. So I have to watch...I will have to email someone because it is silly not to announce the watches. It at least gives us a heads up. I mean to suddenly announce a warning would be shocking without having announced a watch first. They owe us that since we are too busy to be watching the TV for watches and warnings! Ohh I need to switch to decaff coffee...

wow! cant imaginer having to do that during my niteshift! what unit do you work on, badsilver?

Sorry to hear about your mailbox badsilver... that sucks!

I guess we just caught the edge of the storm which you had yesterday, a lot of thunder but sounded far away.

I love watching storms as long as I know I am in a safe place. Years ago we were in Thailand in the monsoon season - each evening between about 4-9 pm there would be storms and the rest of the times were amazing good weather. The sky would light up bright purple with the lightening - sitting on the shelter of a balcony it was fascinating. The noise of the thunder too and the size of the raindrops!