Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

New army of Zootops, where have you been???

Hello/Good Morning/Night depending on where you all are. Just saw this thread and thought i'd post to say Hi !

Getting my children ready for school. Be back later ( Not 5 years later tho.. LOL)

well hello there!

nice to see you! dont run away now!

Kristel I love your avi .... and it is so true. I came out of Borders books once and had a mocha latte in my hands and books in the other. I was looking toward my car as I used my key ring thing to pop the trunk and there was a little like incline to the sidewalk and I went straight down. Severely sprained my wrist and had mocha up in my hair. Saved the books though. Another time I walked out in the winter and slipped on my porch and fell down 5 stairs to the cement sidewalk. It was snowing and I made the worst snow angel pose ever all splayed out. The worst part of that was I had recently had a strange guy knock on my door and ask for money. I gave him some but as I was shutting the door he leaned in and said, "what is that..." or something. So I was spooked and I always left the house with an opened up Swiss Army Knife. Well I kinda fell on the knife....all Boo Radley like...(oh wait, in the end it wasn't Boo was it that fell....oh well now I am rambling.) I pretty much burst the bursa in my knee that night....SOOO anywhooo I like your avi......no i hqven't been drinking....

Kristel I love your avi .... and it is so true. I came out of Borders books once and had a mocha latte in my hands and books in the other. I was looking toward my car as I used my key ring thing to pop the trunk and there was a little like incline to the sidewalk and I went straight down. Severely sprained my wrist and had mocha up in my hair. Saved the books though. Another time I walked out in the winter and slipped on my porch and fell down 5 stairs to the cement sidewalk. It was snowing and I made the worst snow angel pose ever all splayed out. The worst part of that was I had recently had a strange guy knock on my door and ask for money. I gave him some but as I was shutting the door he leaned in and said, "what is that..." or something. So I was spooked and I always left the house with an opened up Swiss Army Knife. Well I kinda fell on the knife....all Boo Radley like...(oh wait, in the end it wasn't Boo was it that fell....oh well now I am rambling.) I pretty much burst the bursa in my knee that night....SOOO anywhooo I like your avi......no i hqven't been drinking....

Ouch Silver poor thing, you sound just like me, clumsy!  Last fall I took I was texting, do NOT text and walk at the same time or you land flat on your face on the sidewalk in front of a busy department store with people watching, lol.

Hello everyone! I’m Kristel and I’ve been a member for a while. I was just to scared to post anything, but I’m getting over that fear
Hey ho im Basher been here 5 years but my time here finishes on Saturday........

Kristel never ever be frightened to post in here (unless someone who does is a troll) it's just an internet site and words is all there is in here......too many people scared to post for fear of being ripped apart well don't be there are folk in here that will look after you....Mac, Barbara and Mick James to name but 3.

Aww hey Bash, you're not renewing your sub? I don't come in here often these days, but I know the place won't be the same without you Bash!! x

Welcome to any newbies....I've been here, erm, almost 6 years :-) Haven't posted much recently for a number of reasons.....mainly cos my studies take priority, and if I log into here, Im on here all day!!!!

To echo what has been said....never be afraid to post! Many of us on here have been posting threads on the forum for a long time......some of us have met at U2 shows and have some really great friendships. Basically, what Im saying is....we all had to start somewhere!!

Happy posting!!

[quote name=badsilver]Kristel I love your avi .... and it is so true. I came out of Borders books once and had a mocha latte in my hands and books in the other. I was looking toward my car as I used my key ring thing to pop the trunk and there was a little like incline to the sidewalk and I went straight down. Severely sprained my wrist and had mocha up in my hair. Saved the books though. Another time I walked out in the winter and slipped on my porch and fell down 5 stairs to the cement sidewalk. It was snowing and I made the worst snow angel pose ever all splayed out. The worst part of that was I had recently had a strange guy knock on my door and ask for money. I gave him some but as I was shutting the door he leaned in and said, "what is that..." or something. So I was spooked and I always left the house with an opened up Swiss Army Knife. Well I kinda fell on the knife....all Boo Radley like...(oh wait, in the end it wasn't Boo was it that fell....oh well now I am rambling.) I pretty much burst the bursa in my knee that night....SOOO anywhooo I like your avi......no i hqven't been drinking....I'm sorry to hear about your knee, that had to hurt.  The worst injury I had was a dislocated elbow with a hairline fracture and a sprained ankle at the same time!  I was walking to class and I fell (on a flat surface); I used my right arm to break my fall while my left foot twisted out from under me.  I couldn't take notes because I had horrible pain going up and down my arm (I'm right handed).  I went to the hospital and they put my right arm in a sling and had me use a crutch so I didn't put pressure on my left ankle. The worst part was, for two weeks I had to keep my right arm in the sling and my left using a crutch to help me walk!  Now I laugh. laugh.gif  I also have a bad habit of walking into walls in my house.  Yeah I'll admit it...I'm clumsy to the extreme.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

kbahner']Hello everyone! I’m Kristel and I’ve been a member for a while. I was just to scared to post anything, but I’m getting over that fear

Hey ho im Basher been here 5 years but my time here finishes on Saturday........

Kristel never ever be frightened to post in here (unless someone who does is a troll) it's just an internet site and words is all there is in here......too many people scared to post for fear of being ripped apart well don't be there are folk in here that will look after you....Mac, Barbara and Mick James to name but 3.

Thanks for the support and advice.

[quote name='PattiU2 wrote:

badsilver
']Kristel I love your avi .... and it is so true. I came out of Borders books once and had a mocha latte in my hands and books in the other. I was looking toward my car as I used my key ring thing to pop the trunk and there was a little like incline to the sidewalk and I went straight down. Severely sprained my wrist and had mocha up in my hair. Saved the books though. Another time I walked out in the winter and slipped on my porch and fell down 5 stairs to the cement sidewalk. It was snowing and I made the worst snow angel pose ever all splayed out. The worst part of that was I had recently had a strange guy knock on my door and ask for money. I gave him some but as I was shutting the door he leaned in and said, "what is that..." or something. So I was spooked and I always left the house with an opened up Swiss Army Knife. Well I kinda fell on the knife....all Boo Radley like...(oh wait, in the end it wasn't Boo was it that fell....oh well now I am rambling.) I pretty much burst the bursa in my knee that night....SOOO anywhooo I like your avi......no i hqven't been drinking....

Ouch Silver poor thing, you sound just like me, clumsy!  Last fall I took I was texting, do NOT text and walk at the same time or you land flat on your face on the sidewalk in front of a busy department store with people watching, lol.

I agree walking and texting is not a good combination.  I say we start a petiton to save people from insult and injury. lol 

Aww hey Bash, you're not renewing your sub? I don't come in here often these days, but I know the place won't be the same without you Bash!! x

Welcome to any newbies....I've been here, erm, almost 6 years :-) Haven't posted much recently for a number of reasons.....mainly cos my studies take priority, and if I log into here, Im on here all day!!!!

To echo what has been said....never be afraid to post! Many of us on here have been posting threads on the forum for a long time......some of us have met at U2 shows and have some really great friendships. Basically, what Im saying is....we all had to start somewhere!!

Happy posting!!

Hey stranger...lol

Nah not renewing not worth the cash anymore and since i'll be starting a new job soon as well my time will be limited as i'll be working full time again.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Sue1']Aww hey Bash, you're not renewing your sub? I don't come in here often these days, but I know the place won't be the same without you Bash!! x

Happy posting!!

Hey stranger...lol

Nah not renewing not worth the cash anymore and since i'll be starting a new job soon as well my time will be limited as i'll be working full time again.

Plenty room for you in the free forum mate without subbing. I work a lot but still manage to get here on occasion. I'm 99% sure I won't be resubbing this year, but I'll still call in on the free forum.

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

miggy']

Hello/Good Morning/Night depending on where you all are. Just saw this thread and thought i'd post to say Hi !

Getting my children ready for school. Be back later ( Not 5 years later tho.. LOL)

hi there miggy! nice to meet you and please come back (soon)!

mac, wher'e are you now?? we've got a newbie in here!! come see!!

Hi Barbara,

Nice to meet you too!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

miggy']Hello/Good Morning/Night depending on where you all are. Just saw this thread and thought i'd post to say Hi !

well hello there!

Hello,

No I won't run - I can't, it takes me all my energy to get the darn rock off ! :-)

Nice to meet you Mac.

Hello everyone! I’m Kristel and I’ve been a member for a while. I was just to scared to post anything, but I’m getting over that fear

Hey Kristel - please come in here and post with us. It is a great place and you can meet some lovely people. Stay around and join the fun and the madness of it all!!!

Welcome!!!

Hi Basher,

Good luck with the new job! The last time we spoke was about Football. Thought I'd post and send best wishes since your outta here after saturday.

Hopefully our teams will both have better seasons next year!!

Miggy

Hi Miggy - as the others said stay around and don't run away.

Nice to see new people coming in here!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

kbahner']Hello everyone! I’m Kristel and I’ve been a member for a while. I was just to scared to post anything, but I’m getting over that fear

Hey Kristel - please come in here and post with us. It is a great place and you can meet some lovely people. Stay around and join the fun and the madness of it all!!!

Welcome!!!

Thanks!  I will stay

dont be scared to post! its not the point of posting, with more and more people on the zoo, makes more original threads, more interesting discussion, and most of all more fun!

for sure we will look after you!wink.gif

[quote name='miggy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

miggy']Hello/Good Morning/Night depending on where you all are. Just saw this thread and thought i'd post to say Hi !

well hello there!

Hello,

No I won't run - I can't, it takes me all my energy to get the darn rock off ! :-)

Nice to meet you Mac.once you start posting, you cant stop!

its good to see some new faces, well you know what i mean!

Thanks Zhivvy,

I will stick around and post when I can. Nice to meet you.

Hi Basher,

Good luck with the new job! The last time we spoke was about Football. Thought I'd post and send best wishes since your outta here after saturday.

Hopefully our teams will both have better seasons next year!!

Miggy

Me talking footy that sounds about right mate.....lol

cheers for the wishes for the job i just got offered it on Friday so im still as giddy as John Leslie at a hen night mate.

well im sure if both of our mobs spend a bit of dosh we can do some damage.

"as giddy as John Leslie at a hen night mate".

That's funny!! LOL

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

dont be scared to post! its not the point of posting, with more and more people on the zoo, makes more original threads, more interesting discussion, and most of all more fun!

for sure we will look after you!wink.gif

Thanks Mac.