Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

New army of Zootops, where have you been???

"as giddy as John Leslie at a hen night mate".

That's funny!! LOL

thought you'd like that one.

and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

dropping things, thats another thing i'm good at.... but luck is on my side too, cause most times, miracelously, its not broken happy.gif

btw: one colleague used to check me for new bruises when i came in, think he suspected my love was beating me! lol!

but in fact i'm just .... me!embarassed.gif

Remember back in the day when we had a thread going called "the friendlies"?? lol It was started when the "new" u2.com launched in 2004, and a bunch of us starting posting in there......and as Mac says, once you start posting, its hard to stop lol We were all newbies back then and it was a place to get to know each other, with new newbies joining the thread all the time :-)

That was before Vertigo tour....a tour where many of us met up at shows.....and have continued to do so on the 360 tour and formed some great friendships!!!

Ah Basher mate......Im made up you're starting a new job xx But you can still pop in the zoo on the free side....to cause chaos!! :-P

Ok, so call me slow. I just found this thread, but I also posted in the one in the All About U2 forum. So, I'll introduce myself again. You can call me Jen. I'm in and out of here throughout the day between work and my studies. I've been here, so now I should go for now. I have a school project that I have to finish today.

and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

dropping things, thats another thing i'm good at.... but luck is on my side too, cause most times, miracelously, its not broken happy.gif

btw: one colleague used to check me for new bruises when i came in, think he suspected my love was beating me! lol!

A clumsy club? I totally belong there. Don't you think so, Barbara? I think all my ankle injuries would definitely qualify me. I'm trying to get better about it, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it happens again. At least with the North American tour postponed until next year, it will be a while before I can hurt myself at a U2 show again. laugh.gif

Great thread, and thanks for starting it Mac. I'm Barbara, and I'm actively converting my husband into a U2 fan. I think we hooked him last year with the Chicago and Norman shows. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to real him in over the next year. :)

It has been great reading everyone's posts!

Come on peeps,

we may seem like a bunch of grizzly psychopaths or slobbering Bono lovers,

OMG...this is me, to a T.  hahahaha

*wipes at slobber*

*gives up*

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

barbara1']and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

dropping things, thats another thing i'm good at.... but luck is on my side too, cause most times, miracelously, its not broken
happy.gif

but in fact i'm just .... me!
embarassed.gif

A clumsy club? I totally belong there. Don't you think so, Barbara? I think all my ankle injuries would definitely qualify me. I'm trying to get better about it, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it happens again. At least with the North American tour postponed until next year, it will be a while before I can hurt myself at a U2 show again. laugh.gif

wow! talking bout a possitive aditude, congrats on that jennigrin.gif

and always a place in the club for you!!

Great thread, and thanks for starting it Mac. I'm Barbara, and I'm actively converting my husband into a U2 fan. I think we hooked him last year with the Chicago and Norman shows. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to real him in over the next year. :)

oops, gonna get confussing if you're planning on staying (please do!) .... guess i'm back to barbara 1 then? or babs? BB(=barbara from belgium)??

btw: welcom barbara! and the others too!

Hey, just saw this thread . . . guess I don't quite qualify as a newbie anymore, but I must have been one once! Come on in and chat everyone "))))
10,000 posts...i think it's safe to say you're not new anymore....

nice! no worries starting the thread. im just happy more are coming out from the woodwork! your hubby can be converted! just send him on here, he wont be able to get off after talking to all us loons!

Could be all the wine you keep drinking barbara?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1
']and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

dropping things, thats another thing i'm good at.... but luck is on my side too, cause most times, miracelously, its not broken
happy.gif

embarassed.gif

* gets frantic...: You think?! OMG!! nonono... don take away the wine, i will wear a safety-suit and helmet!! yes you heard me; i WILL wear a helmet, all day, every day!! just don take away my wine, pleeeeeeeeeease?frown.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy
wrote:

barbara1
']and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

happy.gif

embarassed.gif

* gets frantic...: You think?! OMG!! nonono... don take away the wine, i will wear a safety-suit and helmet!! yes you heard me; i WILL wear a helmet, all day, every day!! just don take away my wine, pleeeeeeeeeease?frown.gif

No one is strong enough or brave enough to take on the challenge of removing the wine!!! Unless we have a a newbie who wants a challenge?

Any offers? Anyone want to brave the ferocious Barbara and take the challenge to remove her wine?

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

Janette B']Hey, just saw this thread . . . guess I don't quite qualify as a newbie anymore, but I must have been one once! Come on in and chat everyone "))))

10,000 posts...i think it's safe to say you're not new anymore....

Well, technically it's only 9767 posts, but thanks for being so supportive thumbsup.gif See how friendly we all are!!!!! cute.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy
wrote:

barbara1

happy.gif

embarassed.gif

* gets frantic...: You think?! OMG!! nonono... don take away the wine, i will wear a safety-suit and helmet!! yes you heard me; i WILL wear a helmet, all day, every day!! just don take away my wine, pleeeeeeeeeease?
frown.gif

No one is strong enough or brave enough to take on the challenge of removing the wine!!! Unless we have a a newbie who wants a challenge?

Any offers? Anyone want to brave the ferocious Barbara and take the challenge to remove her wine?

No one would dare!!!!

Nice to see some new ones coming into hee to join in the madness - it is so much fun here!

Stay around, join in the drooling (if you are of the drooling type) and if you have the Bono bag get clicking with some poses and post them

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy
wrote:

barbara1

happy.gif

embarassed.gif

clumsy club...I like it!!!  btw...I prefer to wrap myself in bubble wrap, it not only provides protection from injury but also great entertainment when bored (lol)roll.gif Don't worry Barbara I won't take your wine away...I'll join you. 

A love of wine is good to have around here! we all like a glass or five of the stuff - makes the posts much more interesting. Nice to have a drink with others even if we are all spread around the world!

And clumsy people too - always good. Nice to know that we all walk into things (whilst sober aswell!!!) I once managed to fall over a living room set in Ikea! - I didn't notice the foot stool as I fell backwards over it and landed flat on my arse on a lovely rug! My friend laughed so much she moved backwards and tripped over the coffee table! Strangley enough our men just walked off and left us in a giggling painful heap!

[quote name=kbahner wrote:

barbara1 wrote:
Zhivvy wrote:
barbara1]and can a join the clumsy-club, please??  ever seen the movie good luck, chuck? that jessica alba -character? thats me!! well not the looks, but the clumsiness ... there isnt a chair, door, table in my house (neither at work) that i havent run into... i always seem to think i'm smaller than i really am.... walking against door-frames all the time (donno this word in english, hope you get me?) if i'm wearing my glasses, i can blame them for narrowing my sight at the edges!

dropping things, thats another thing i'm good at.... but luck is on my side too, cause most times, miracelously, its not broken roll.gif"> Don

just popping in to say hey there!

i think im going to avoid it here for a while, too much overeaction.

hows it going guys?

And clumsy people too - always good. Nice to know that we all walk into things (whilst sober aswell!!!) I once managed to fall over a living room set in Ikea! - I didn't notice the foot stool as I fell backwards over it and landed flat on my arse on a lovely rug! My friend laughed so much she moved backwards and tripped over the coffee table! Strangley enough our men just walked off and left us in a giggling painful heap!
This made me laugh so hard....laugh.gif  I haven't triped over furniture in a store but I have walked into store displays (i haven't knoked any over.....yet)  Also when I was younger I used to work at a movie theater and the managers would inform me when a new standee for a movie went up; so I wouldn't walk into it.

Hi people, just stopping in to say helllllloooo....I just got off work and I'm too tired to read the previous 10 pages of posts, so hello is all I've got right now.

Hi people, just stopping in to say helllllloooo....I just got off work and I'm too tired to read the previous 10 pages of posts, so hello is all I've got right now.
Hello Michie...