Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

:-((

Barbara just because you see others who have a lot more to worry about - in your words. That doesn't mean that your worries and concerns are futile - they are real and genuine worries no matter how big or small you think they are.

BUt as Claire says too - look after your back - it is the only one you have!

{{{{hugs}}}

and you know that we are all hear to listen to each other when ever you need it xxx

Hey Barbara. I went to a Pink concert at the weekend and like a berk, I wore shorts and a T-shirt. After the show we couldn't get a Taxi for over 3 hrs and I had already been standing in the cold for 4 hours before that as the weather took a sudden turn for the worse.

Point being when I get cold in my back I can virtually move because of the pain. Once I've been back home for a day I feel a lot better, but it will be a few days before I come full circle.

Just make sure you rest well between working on your house and when you know your not up to it, leave it until you do. I've been in my current home 5 years this October and were still doing it! In the end you'll get there without doing yourself in.

Hey Barbara. I went to a Pink concert at the weekend and like a berk, I wore shorts and a T-shirt. After the show we couldn't get a Taxi for over 3 hrs and I had already been standing in the cold for 4 hours before that as the weather took a sudden turn for the worse.

Point being when I get cold in my back I can virtually move because of the pain. Once I've been back home for a day I feel a lot better, but it will be a few days before I come full circle.

Just make sure you rest well between working on your house and when you know your not up to it, leave it until you do. I've been in my current home 5 years this October and were still doing it! In the end you'll get there without doing yourself in.

Was that the one at the Reebok? I quite fancied that date. and can get back to my home town to! How was the show?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

agt']

Was that the one at the Reebok? I quite fancied that date. and can get back to my home town to! How was the show?

Yeah it was at the Reebok, decent Stadium but really badly situated. The only 2 bars across the way couldn't cope and it was a 2 1/2 hour wait for food in them. Getting a Taxi was a nightmare, people at our hotel the next day were saying they did not get Taxi's until after 3 in the morning and like myself were freezing there arses off on the streets.

The steward who help us get back to our hotel told us they have never had to deal with 33000 people before and it was causing everyone a big headache. She said they had been sent from the Stadium with mobiles to help people get home.

Pink put on an amazing show and her vocals were awesome. I really wish my daughters had been old enough to go they would have loved it.

I did learn one lesson the hard way! When going to a concert do my bloody home work and I won't end up being totally wiped out.

A+ for Pink E- for myself.

The part about the steward saying they haven't had to cope with so many people made me smile - of course they haven't - it is the Wanderer's stadium lol!!! It is a lovely one though. But i do agree that they need to be a bit more organised. I like how it is close to the motorway network etc... but not good if you were staying in the centre of town as pretty far out.

Glad it was a good show!

i like pink!! such a strong girl, and good, strong voice! hope you enjoyed it.

and thanx for sharing your experience, cold back is aweful, i always try to keep mine warm enough. and i will try to tke a rest between working. but it took us 10(!!) years before starting on htis house... before that i was a stay-at-home mom and then went to nursing-school. so its about time we finish it! but i get you, and you're right health is still the most important issue here.

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

agt']

i like pink!! such a strong girl, and good, strong voice! hope you enjoyed it.

and thanx for sharing your experience, cold back is aweful, i always try to keep mine warm enough. and i will try to tke a rest between working. but it took us 10(!!) years before starting on htis house... before that i was a stay-at-home mom and then went to nursing-school. so its about time we finish it! but i get you, and you're right health is still the most important issue here.

Yep, as a nurse you should know to have a life you need to have your health. I'll email you some photo's of our house project when I get a chance. It'll maybe show you that yours is not as bad as you think or failing that make you realise why I decided to slow it down.

okay! pics, please, agt! will sent ours too.

Will have to photobucket them first as the send limit here via the site email is only 100mb per picture, one at a time.

[quote name='agt wrote:

barbara1']okay! pics, please, agt! will sent ours too.

Will have to photobucket them first as the send limit here via the site email is only 100mb per picture, one at a time.

okay! thanx!

thanx for the advise claire, and i'm so glad to hear there are still lots of caterpillars alive and kicking... seems the world isnt out of butterflies just yet happy.gif

mary, claire and zooropa, thank you guys too.

hope i didnt scare you guys... cause i do realise there are peeps out there who have lot more to worry bout than me, really... i DO know that. but sometimes all the little things have added up to too much and everything seems wrong (like a good friend of mine articulated it so well)

If you can't put it in the Zoo where can you??

Hi Barbarahappy.gif!! Do you feel better today? (I hope so...)

how sweet of you to ask this, laetitia! i'm feeling better, seems it was just a minor breakdown and i needed the love and power from my zoo-friends. besides , i realise i have nothing to complaint... so my house is a mess, and reconstruction takes lots of time : but i knew this from the start and we'll just have to cope with it, no pain , no gain, goes here too ;-)

and so my oldest son doesnt like school, and has raging hormones telling him to act stupid... but i've met some great guys, who've been through the same during their teen-years, and they've turned out pretty cool....  and afterall, you give birth and try to raise them properly... but from then on, its out of your hands, and all i can do is hope he'll find his way and turns out a good man.

and last; one very dear friend of mine got some bad news today, and that puts things into proportion again...

and i have a love and he makes me feel like a princesse... so what more do i want?!wink.gif

[quote name='Laetitia_w wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Laetitia_w']Hi Barbara
indent]I

oh how sweet ....

i once heard a very good quote, i think on Food Network or somethin. one of the chefs said, "life is like a starecase. it can take you up and down, but u always have 2 remember, it can never just take you down. it will always take u back up in the end." i though that was very uplifting, hope this helps!

What an excellent analogy! Very true too "))) Glad you're better, Barbara!

i once heard a very good quote, i think on Food Network or somethin. one of the chefs said, "life is like a starecase. it can take you up and down, but u always have 2 remember, it can never just take you down. it will always take u back up in the end." i though that was very uplifting, hope this helps!
of course stairs can just take you down...you have to DECIDE whether or not you even want to turn around and go back up, to decide whether or not its worth the trip...BC going back up is a conscious decision, take a lot of effort, and after going down sooo low, some people will not want to go back up yet another time...it takes just too much energy and theyre totally FRIED!!!

fried-egg-dead-chicken.jpg

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

zooropa_rockz']

of course stairs can just take you down...you have to DECIDE whether or not you even want to turn around and go back up, to decide whether or not its worth the trip...BC going back up is a conscious decision, take a lot of effort, and after going down sooo low, some people will not want to go back up yet another time...it takes just too much energy and theyre totally FRIED!!!

fried-egg-dead-chicken.jpg

That's funny http://community.u2.com/d...n/bypass/images/clap.gif

clicked on that link you posted and expected something big... then i get the little smiley claping his hands!!roll.gif

so funny!!

adult-humor-pictures.jpeg
LOL!!! but i do hope it will take us a lot longer than 18 years to look like that, spicy!!

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

LOL!!! but i do hope it will take us a lot longer than 18 years to look like that, spicy!!

oy! changed it to 60! sorryembarassed.gif

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

oy! changed it to 60! sorryembarassed.gif

thanx for that, spicy!

laugh.gif