Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

Anyone else experiencing strange feelings - Wobbly legs in Vienna!

A week tomorrow I will be at the Frankfurt show. I am a grown woman of 38, and generally a relatively sane person; but at the moment I am worse than a child waiting for Christmas - if my daughter was behaving like this in December she would be in serious trouble.

I have a permenant feeling of anticipation in my stomach which bubbles up into my chest and makes me smile like a fool at any passing person (who then avoid me). I keep checking my tickets, my ferry booking, passports etc... and when all is good I grin again. I have become very bouncy and giggle like a teenager all the time - and keep punching poor hubby in excitement (he isn't as excited as me). I can't stop listening to U2 (well nothing new there) and thinking of how they would sound live, I'm even planning outfits for the show.

Am I seriously to obssessed and excited or are others behaving in the same way as me

But those aren't strange feelings!!! Completely normal!!! When they announced the new dates and I got tickets to a second show, I spent several days with a huge smile on my face, quite sure every one thought I was crazy :-)

Those aren't strange feelings. That's perfectly normal for us. Actually, I've been feeling that way recently, and my shows aren't until next May!

Yep....those feelings are completely normal. Like Jbarnych, I've been having them and I don't get to see them until next May. Can't wait to follow the show on Friday! When they did the "We're coming back" video, I cried like a baby and have watched it about 100 times. When they announced that Denver (my show) is the opener next May, I cried like a baby. Oh, the things this band does to me!

Glad to hear that I am normal - thought I was, but non-U2 friends been looking at me strangley lol! I thought it was bad when I bought the tickets, then received them. Now it is just getting unbearable - but good. Why is it not next Tuesday - then Thursday then Vienna!!! And as I am so excited for that and daughter is so excited for her birthday next Monday it is a very bouncy house at the moment!

And like you Mich I did shed a tear watching that video. A bit like me crying last year when I was in Cardiff last year on the day of the concert but was at a kids birthday party instead!

My non-U2 friends look at me strangely, too; but I just ignore them. When I saw the "We're Coming Back" video, I just about jumped out of my skin! I had to try really hard to not scream and yell and wake up everyone in my building. It was still pretty early when I watched it. I ended up buying tickets to Denver that day, just so I could be at the tour opener. Today, I even drove to Anaheim Stadium just so I could scope out the area for when I see them there in June.

I did change our holiday plans to make sure that I could get to the dates!!! What a coincidence that we were driving through Germany as they were playing!

Those feelings are completely normal. Ever since I knew the band was rehearsing in Turin, I've had a big smile on my face. Our show in Philly won't be for a year, but this reminds me of last summer....watching for updates, trying to find live feeds from European shows.

As only a week now - grin getting bigger!! And giggles even worse.

Been stroking my tickets this morning too - keep having horrible thoughts that I leave my tickets behind and have to miss the shows - NO!!!!

As only a week now - grin getting bigger!! And giggles even worse.

Been stroking my tickets this morning too - keep having horrible thoughts that I leave my tickets behind and have to miss the shows - NO!!!!

Even worse than leaving your tickets hope - leaving your passport at home :o I've had nightmares that my mom tears all my tickets apart :o

And you know that littl fuzzy feeling in your belly when you're bit worried and very excited at the same time? I have that. Except that the feeling isn't caused by magical butterflies, but rather by a bumch of tiny sharks who haven't eaten in a week, so are now eating me from inside out :D

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Zhivvy']As only a week now - grin getting bigger!! And giggles even worse.

Even worse than leaving your tickets hope - leaving your passport at home :o I've had nightmares that my mom tears all my tickets apart :o

And you know that littl fuzzy feeling in your belly when you're bit worried and very excited at the same time? I have that. Except that the feeling isn't caused by magical butterflies, but rather by a bumch of tiny sharks who haven't eaten in a week, so are now eating me from inside out :D

No - don't mention the passports, now another thing to worry about lol!!! I like the shark idea you have explained it perfectly - may have to go and feed mine some wine! I'm even thinking about being in the queue in a week and that is good enough for me!!

wallpaper-u2-get-on-your-boots-1-800-600.jpg

I love this pic! And now all swoony as well as excited and jittery! - can i have the one second from the right please! happy.gif

wallpaper-u2-get-on-your-boots-1-800-600.jpg

I love this pic! And now all swoony as well as excited and jittery! - can i have the one second from the right please! happy.gif

Zhivvy...

this cracks me up so much!!!!

What you are describing is the way I felt the first time I heard the new album... I was jumping around...all excited and jittery.

I love that feeling of listening to new albums or watching a new dvd or even listening to a radio interview! Another time when I get huge grins is when I can listen to them talking.

no, nothing strange or weird there, zhiv! i know, i just KNOW, i'm gonna be just like that in about 6 weeks from now! and altho non-u2 friends cant get it, no prob! thats why god created the zoo! lol!

and make a list with all the really important suff on it: tix, passports, boarding-vouchers... so you can check one last time the morning you leave and mark them. don worry bout the tooth-brush, undies, shoes.... you can buy them where-ever you go, they're not important cause they're replaceable!! btw: your camera; very important too, cause too expensive to replace! lol!

btw: your camera; very important too, cause too expensive to replace! lol!
Also, you need to take plenty of pictures to post for those of us who have to wait until next year...lol!

[quote name=roll.gifroll.gifZhivvy]A week tomorrow I will be at the Frankfurt show. I am a grown woman of 38, and generally a relatively sane person; but at the moment I am worse than a child waiting for Christmas - if my daughter was behaving like this in December she would be in serious trouble.

I have a permenant feeling of anticipation in my stomach which bubbles up into my chest and makes me smile like a fool at any passing person (who then avoid me). I keep checking my tickets, my ferry booking, passports etc... and when all is good I grin again. I have become very bouncy and giggle like a teenager all the time - and keep punching poor hubby in excitement (he isn't as excited as me). I can't stop listening to U2 (well nothing new there) and thinking of how they would sound live, I'm even planning outfits for the show.

Am I seriously to obssessed and excited or are others behaving in the same way as me

Dude, it's normal. The night before I was to leave to Vancouver for the end of 360 Leg 2 (which was my first u2 show btw), I woke up every hour certain it was time to go. I didn't sleep a wink that week, I was so excited. When my friend Chloe and I went to get our tickets and wrist bands at the box office at BC Place, she turns to me and says, "Ok, I know this is totally lame but can I hug you?" Me: "Of course" and we hugged and squee'd like a bunch of teenage girls (both of us are in our early 20s). :D

nothing more terrorfying for me than sending my tickets to see u2 for the very first time-to the printer!

I ordered online, and lest they get lost in the mail, i immediately received them to my email.

I was a nervous wreck that somehow these flimsy pieces of computer paper just couldnt be real.

I agonized over whether or not the barcode would work after months sitting in my home.

I kept freaking out that the ink somehow was a little runny and wouldnt scan at the show.

or that somehow, by going through security checkpoints, my barcode got scanned by wands and

other "detectors" and wouldnt work at the show!

I bit off all my fingernails with the sheer stress of going to the stadium and having my tickets all wrapped up in plastic wrap so no water could touch them, sweat, soda, beer-whatever!

I was so stressed i would loose them that I wore my tickets-no kidding-on my body--all the way there.

the anticipation as i got closer to the ticket taker was immense---I could hardly breathe---

when the man took my ticket, I started to breathe really hard and shake....beads of sweat started forming....

he took his time...he unfolded the whole page----slowly----as I had a heart attack!!

Then...that magical...."You're good!" as he waved me through...

OMG!!! I let out a truely PRIMAL SCREAM!!!!!!!!!

I jumped for joy and kept fist pumping and screaming!!!

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

thanks u2.com for the presale code!!!

nothing more terrorfying for me than sending my tickets to see u2 for the very first time-to the printer!

I ordered online, and lest they get lost in the mail, i immediately received them to my email.

I was a nervous wreck that somehow these flimsy pieces of computer paper just couldnt be real.

I agonized over whether or not the barcode would work after months sitting in my home.

I kept freaking out that the ink somehow was a little runny and wouldnt scan at the show.

or that somehow, by going through security checkpoints, my barcode got scanned by wands and

other "detectors" and wouldnt work at the show!

I bit off all my fingernails with the sheer stress of going to the stadium and having my tickets all wrapped up in plastic wrap so no water could touch them, sweat, soda, beer-whatever!

I was so stressed i would loose them that I wore my tickets-no kidding-on my body--all the way there.

the anticipation as i got closer to the ticket taker was immense---I could hardly breathe---

when the man took my ticket, I started to breathe really hard and shake....beads of sweat started forming....

he took his time...he unfolded the whole page----slowly----as I had a heart attack!!

Then...that magical...."You're good!" as he waved me through...

OMG!!! I let out a truely PRIMAL SCREAM!!!!!!!!!

I jumped for joy and kept fist pumping and screaming!!!

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

thanks u2.com for the presale code!!!

happy.gif - I remember being so worried about those print your own tickets too Spicy - I had those at Dublin last summer and the same as you was scared that they weren't going to work - but they did yeah!!!

i'm flipping out excited FOR those of you who get to go to a concert this year. So much fun. Even the few videos being posted of their rehearsals make me smile. It's all so different hearing them live.