Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What's for dinner?

Tonight I served-up some blast from the past called Campfire Stew over mashed potatos. I came across this old recipe from my days as a Girl Scout and thought about whipping some up for tonight's dinner.

Enough about me, what was on the menu at your place?

tonight I made a yummy salad.

romaine lettuce,tomato,onion,kalamata olives,roasted red peppers,warm imitation chicken bites,warm goat cheese with oil and vinegar dressing.

ate the same thing last night except with avocados.chick peas would have been a nice addition but i didn't have any..

rooom service!!! mmm pulled pork :D

OMG, I love pulled pork !!!  In fact, this reminds me to grab my recipe for Kahlua/pulled pork which I haven't made in awhile.

Tonight's dinner was steak, fresh corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes, and Caesar salad. Gotta love summer in Minnesota!

ive been going crazy for 2 days now for pizza!! i need pizza pizza pizza!!!!!!!! ive been way too deep into torino torino torino...not eating all freaking day!!!

IM HUNGRY!!!!

Last night - home made lasagne. Had that while following the Torino gig!

Tonight - have pork ribs marinating since last night. Will have those, glaze them with home made BBQ sauce, some spicy wedges and fresh salad. And Victoria sponge cake. Delish!

Tonight's dinner will probably chow mein so I'm going to grab some fortune cookies on my way home from work to bring some fun into it.

made some moussaka for today and doubled the portion , will make things bit easier since my love and me are both working late-shift tomorrow . that way we don have to bother cooking in the morning.

and we all LOVE moussaka, so i'm good, lol!

watching my friend in the kitchen preparing a lovely roast dinner - after a nice small lunch out in Amstelveen (near Amsterdam). Off to get some wine to go with it now!

[quote name=xtraspicy62]mussaka sounds interesting...what is it, and is it fairly easy to make?

its like a greek 'lasagna' spicy. with lots of variatons in preparation. i prepare mine with half-cooked and sliced potatoes, slices of aubergine (eggplant) baked in the oven , tomato-sauce and cheese-sauce. and then you just fill an oven-dish with layers : tomatosauce at the bottom, then sliced potatoes on top, cheese-sauce, slices eggplant, and so on.... and on top of it all a mix of gratin and mozarella-cheese (altho i do use what ever cheese i have, but always a mix, cause i prefer that)

it takes some time to prepare it, but is well worth it cause everybody loves it, (tho its only fair to say that silas always puts the eggplant on my plate...)

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62
']mussaka sounds interesting...what is it, and is it fairly easy to make?

its like a greek 'lasagna' spicy. with lots of variatons in preparation. i prepare mine with half-cooked and sliced potatoes, slices of aubergine (eggplant) baked in the oven , tomato-sauce and cheese-sauce. and then you just fill an oven-dish with layers : tomatosauce at the bottom, then sliced potatoes on top, cheese-sauce, slices eggplant, and so on.... and on top of it all a mix of gratin and mozarella-cheese (altho i do use what ever cheese i have, but always a mix, cause i prefer that)

it takes some time to prepare it, but is well worth it cause everybody loves it, (tho its only fair to say that silas always puts the eggplant on my plate...)thanks! thant doesnt sound hard at all...seemes just like a lot of slicing the potatoes and the eggplant, but im getting used to having to cut up veggies...

buy real fresh veggies takes time but the flavor is incomparable to canned or even frozen...

besides, i think im getting more fiber by buying fresh...

yeah, it can be a pain, but it goes easier to peel and slice when sitting at a nice large table or cournter top, with bono singing in the background...

summer breeze coming thru the window helps too...

now what compromises the cheese sauce?

for dinner---right now, Im popping very large cherry tomaotes fresh from the famers market into my mouth instead of chewing on chips!

im trying not to eat anything other than fresh fruit or veggies at night...starting around 6-6:30 PM...

this is a new goal for me....

its kinda tough, and will take time I think to stick...

eating all night has been a very bad habit or many years...

breakfast ~ porridge , with vanille sugar and coconut mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

my oldest son prepared dinner tonite, since i was working late-shift and my love was still a bit zomby-ish after working nite-shifts...

he made some wraps with a 'chicken-paprika-sweetcorn in yoghurt-sauce'-filling. tasted real good!

and now i'm enjoying an after-dinner margaritha, cheers! salut!

Chicken soup.

Seriously.

I hate cooking when I come home from work (I do long days)...so I looked in the cupboards...and the packet of chicken soup...it is simmering now.

Last night I had...grilled teriyaki salmon, fresh steamed corn, pasta alfredo with artichoke hearts and olives, a bowl of fresh fruit (peaches, plums, raspberries) and a glass of yummy red wine!

Last night I had...grilled teriyaki salmon, fresh steamed corn, pasta alfredo with artichoke hearts and olives, a bowl of fresh fruit (peaches, plums, raspberries) and a glass of yummy red wine!
sounds healthy and yummy---what was the alfredo sauce made from? was it heavy creme?