Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What's for dinner?

Duck!

I'm leaving Duck country on Monday morning, it would be very rude of me not to stock up on the little waterproofed feathered things happy.gif

me on nite-shift and my love at work too (working 12-hour-shift, so pretty exhausted too) thats when my 16-year old son does the cooking. and he's making his specialty: wrappes with beef/paprika-filling . he even went to the store to get the ingredients, cause his parents did forget bout that..........embarassed.gif. so i wake up to the nice smell of paprika and tomatoe-sauce...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhappy.gif

Roast dinner today, organic chicken with roast potatoes and the trimmings...and best of all I'm not cooking it yeahhhbanana.gif

starting last nite-shift of this series, i will celebrate by eating chips and drinking coke!! (fastfood can taste soooooo gooooood wink.gif)

starting last nite-shift of this series, i will celebrate by eating chips and drinking coke!! (fastfood can taste soooooo gooooood wink.gif)

mmmmmmmmmmm sounds good that!

had lovely sunday dinner - apparently my cauliflower cheese is great (not bragging but have been told lol), and roast potatoes and parsnips, mashed carrots, etc... but no chicken!! Why let meat spoil a good plate of great veggies!

had some grilled vegetables and some couscous with oranges and cranberries...then a piece of cornbread with honey afterward. 

had some grilled vegetables and some couscous with oranges and cranberries...then a piece of cornbread with honey afterward. 
that sounds so yummy!

is the couscous plain or did you add in any spices?

have you tried mixing in any pine nuts?

Lat night was roasted mediterranean beg with penne pasta. Not decided on tonight's but I'm thinking something with mashed potatoes!

Lat night was roasted mediterranean beg with penne pasta. Not decided on tonight's but I'm thinking something with mashed potatoes!

i had mashed potatoes tonight zhivvy!

had some spare from the farmers market and they needed to be cooked up before they went bad...

peeled, chopped, boiled, mashed with skim milk and no cholesterol spread,,,fresh pepper and mrs. dash table blend of salt free spices...

would you add in some cheese? do you add in anything other than milk and butter?

im wanting to make ur pie, but the cran berries are not in yet...

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy']Lat night was roasted mediterranean beg with penne pasta. Not decided on tonight's but I'm thinking something with mashed potatoes!

i had mashed potatoes tonight zhivvy!

had some spare from the farmers market and they needed to be cooked up before they went bad...

peeled, chopped, boiled, mashed with skim milk and no cholesterol spread,,,fresh pepper and mrs. dash table blend of salt free spices...

would you add in some cheese? do you add in anything other than milk and butter?

im wanting to make ur pie, but the cran berries are not in yet...

I normally like different things in food but mashed potatoes with just milk and butter. - Mmmmmm....

I went picking blackberries the other day too - we made pie and then boiled some up with a bit of sugar and vanilla extract, then strained it all to make a syrup - so now have a cordial, to mix with water, soda, tea etc... and pure and organic too.

U2LAWoman']Grilled salmon, rice pilaf, and a salad.

that sounds very healthy!

what kind of dressing do you use?
Ranch!! laugh.gif

jbarnych']had some grilled vegetables and some couscous with oranges and cranberries...then a piece of cornbread with honey afterward. 

that sounds so yummy!

is the couscous plain or did you add in any spices?

have you tried mixing in any pine nuts?

I didn't cook the couscous, so I'm not sure what spices were in it. I do think it was cooked with some orange juice, though. It had a very citrusy (is that even a word?) taste to it. I actually bought it pre-made at Whole Foods Market...same with the vegetables...got leftovers that are coming to work with me for lunch...yum!

A rotesseri chicken, wheat bread and hummus and some fruit for dessert. Nice fast quick meal. Too tired to cook, then I'd have to clean up the mess.

i made creamy spinach with tagliatelle and little saucages. so my youngest was very happy, cause spinach and broccolli are the only vegetables he really likes.

don know bout tonite, we should go shopping, cause my cupboards, fridge and freezer almost empty! just hope my love gets back from work a little early.

Butternut squash and goats cheese lasagne with rosemary roasted potatoes and peassmile.gif

fajiiiiitas with sour cream, guacomale, salsa and spicy potato wedges and salad