Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What's for dinner?

seriously, then...

dinner:

1 cup of cooked pearl barley (high in fiber, better than bleached white rice, and delish natual flavor)

1 cup steamed small carrots --local farm

1 cup steamed brocoli florets--eek! frozen!

1 cup steamed cauliflower---eekers! frozen!

ice water

Hot ginger tea (Yogi brand)

Late snack: 1 slice of watermelon and 1 slice of cantelope

i use/like frozen veggies, spicy. it beats rushing to the store on busy days, and consumers-organisation have proven many times there's insignificant los of vitamines and nutrission. and if you steam/boil them while still frozen you might end up with same values as the fresh ones.

Cheese burgers Yummmy!

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

xtraspicy62']
sexy%20vegetable.JPG

Where EVER did you find THAT??????? roll.gifill send you a pm in a minute...

Spicy I have been away from here for a couple of months and I am glad to see you are still at it girl, lol!  Love it!!!

Not sure but it will involve telephoning for it to be delivered!

[quote name='sick.gifsick.gifxtraspicy62 wrote:

nikki1120 wrote:

xtraspicy62']
sexy%20vegetable.JPG

Where EVER did you find THAT??????? 
roll.gifill send you a pm in a minute...

And me just a vegetable pie....sick.gifnerd.gif

dry salami, Irish cheddar, and French bread

diet is "die" with at T...

so feck it--its friday!

I ate pepperoni pizza and i liked it!

I went out with some friends and had Linguini with Chicken & Shrimp with lots of stinky cheese. Then chocolate ice cream for dessert! 

I had lovely spinach curry and rice from the takeaway - not Bonoful one thoughas too far away!

I had lovely spinach curry and rice from the takeaway - not Bonoful one thoughas too far away!

that sounds yummy!

1 bocca meatless burger with mushrooms

1 whole tomatoes in slices, from farmers local market

2 small, sweet white onions, local farmers market

2 ears of corn heated in microwave, raw, local farm--used no butter spray---and Mrs Dash Extraspicy seasoning\

ice water

1 yellow delicious apple--local farm--no pesticides

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62']seriously, then...

dinner:

1 cup of cooked pearl barley (high in fiber, better than bleached white rice, and delish natual flavor)

1 cup steamed small carrots --local farm

1 cup steamed brocoli florets--eek! frozen!

1 cup steamed cauliflower---eekers! frozen!

ice water

Hot ginger tea (Yogi brand)

Late snack: 1 slice of watermelon and 1 slice of cantelope

i use/like frozen veggies, spicy. it beats rushing to the store on busy days, and consumers-organisation have proven many times there's insignificant los of vitamines and nutrission. and if you steam/boil them while still frozen you might end up with same values as the fresh ones.good to know babs...thanks for telling us about that...but the flavor isn't as rich and wonderful as fresh from the earth/farm, even if theres no nutrients lost...

but still, when your tired and in a hurry, it beats trying to cook something fresh, if you can just throw it in the microwave

thats exactly my point, spicy! cause on my day off, when i have nothing urgent to be done, i love to cook! and all the fresh vegetables on the table make me very happy...smile.gif

but we girls have gotten ourselves into a thing: we work, we have families, kids to raise and big houses with gardens to keep tidy. and we want our kids and ourselves looking good everyday too! we wanna workout, meet up with friends and take care of our parents when their in need..... its too much... cause we only have 24 hours in a day. and i know; we do have lots of devieces to make house-work easier, but still we've taken so much up on us. earlier generations would never have dreamed of.
so we have to make compromises.... in order to survive and be able to come here and have fun!

thats my rant for today: don be to hard on yourself, gilrs! kids, husbands, and everyone around us will be better of with a happy, relaxed and playfull (add your name) then with a stressy, cleaning, tired (add your name again)....

and we're having BBQ today, cause the weather is nice and my love managed to get the day off!!!!!!happy.gif

Not sure yet - just had lunch lol!!!! But think maybe my cauliflower cheese - do you want some too Barbara lol!