Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What's for dinner?

The menu is Chinese Take-out which included Lo-Mein Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken.
so you have any healthy chineese over by you? I just loved chineese take out for most of my life, byt its got so very much sodium in it, i can no longer eat it.

i think we only need 200mg of NA a day--is that right nurse barb?

and most chineese here in the usa, had got up to 1000mg/dish

I have to go now, because my arab food deliver is ringing the bell... humus, tabulleh, etc

It's an American holiday, and I'm having a day off. making Chile Rellano casserole.....I should take a picture of this..it is so beautiful..

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70'] The menu is Chinese Take-out which included Lo-Mein Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken.

so you have any healthy chineese over by you? I just loved chineese take out for most of my life, byt its got so very much sodium in it, i can no longer eat it.

In my neck of the woods, there's not a lot of choices which is why I have chinese food as a rare treat especially when someone else is buying LOL!!

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70'] The menu is Chinese Take-out which included Lo-Mein Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken.

In my neck of the woods, there's not a lot of choices which is why I have chinese food as a rare treat especially when someone else is buying LOL!!Illum..I love chinese food too and yes, especially if someone else is treating.. then it has no MSG's and it taste even better!! I love to make it myself too, egg rolls, orange/lemon chicken, stir fry broccoli beef, cashew chicken, won tons...then I know it has no msg's!

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

In my neck of the woods, there's not a lot of choices which is why I have chinese food as a rare treat especially when someone else is buying LOL!!
Illum..I love chinese food too and yes, especially if someone else is treating.. then it has no MSG's and it taste even better!! I love to make it myself too, egg rolls, orange/lemon chicken, stir fry broccoli beef, cashew chicken, won tons...then I know it has no msg's!

My chinese is one of the few places over here which has bean curd/ tofu on the menu - i love it in a garlic and chili sauce = yum!

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Illum..I love chinese food too and yes, especially if someone else is treating.. then it has no MSG's and it taste even better!! I love to make it myself too, egg rolls, orange/lemon chicken, stir fry broccoli beef, cashew chicken, won tons...then I know it has no msg's!

la woman can u make orange/lemon chicken w/o salt? is ur receipe easy?  and i have some beef and also some broccoli and a combo would be nice---i want to use a sauce w/o salt...maybe a totally different type, like a cooking sherry?

what do u suggest?

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

la woman can u make orange/lemon chicken w/o salt? is ur receipe easy?  and i have some beef and also some broccoli and a combo would be nice---i want to use a sauce w/o salt...maybe a totally different type, like a cooking sherry?

what do u suggest?

I haven't experimented with cooking sherry yet. But I assure you my recipie is very easy and I don't think I use any salt. Unless you count the soy sauce, but you don't have to use it. The sauce does have a little sugar, cup of fresh orange or lemon juice with pulp, some grated rein from either of the fruit, some white wine vinegar, a drop of vegetable oil and of course some cornstarch that you mix with a little cold water seperately. Then add to the orange sauce. I coat the skinless chicken tenderloins with flour. Fry them up a litte. Drain them, then stir fry some fresh onion, garlic(you can use minced) and some fresh grated ginger. Warm up the sauce until it thickens, then stir fry the sauce and the chicken together. It's really easy and delicious!

A homemade extra spicy lentil bake tonight yum

I had salmon with a pesto crust (don't eat any meat but have fish a couple of times a year) with spinach and jacket potato - and it was yummy

wimped out on the cooking sherry and orange garlic for now...

1 cup cooked pearly barley--much healthier for you than white rice with more fiber

1/2 cup cooked beef stew meat in skillet with non fat cooking sprays

served beef with own juices onto barley and seasoned with mrs. dash original blend of delicious spices w/o salt

1 whole tomatoe sliced up

1 small white onion sliced up

very strong Ginger tea...

I have butternut squash and butter bean soup for dinner. I would normally make it myself but nasty cold forced me to the supermarket to buy it instead!

a McChicken i was running around like a chicken with its head cut off today so no time to really eat anything decent.
sometimes its hard to find food to eat when your in a hurry....dont feel badly!

Indian takeaway tonight....that's 3 takeaways in a week, is that a good week or a bad week?

I havnt had tea , and I've woken up this morning really hungry and nothing is open :o/

oh I want to come over for tea illum im sooooooooooooooooooooo hungry

You poor thing, one can go without tea for so long, here's a couple of bags for you!!

(I-70 hands a couple of tea bags to123Love)