Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Oh thanks. I just updated my email and had it verified so I hope it works out well. Though I think I will send off an email just incase. Are the pre-sale codes on the left of my Account Info all I need for the Down Under Tour? Don't want to get too hyped up, but can't wait. 

Oh thanks. I just updated my email and had it verified so I hope it works out well. Though I think I will send off an email just incase. Are the pre-sale codes on the left of my Account Info all I need for the Down Under Tour? Don't want to get too hyped up, but can't wait. 

Well that and a link to the pre-sale which suposedly gets sent out via email prior to the pre-sale starting.

I'm in the same boat, other than I subscribed back in June.

Today was the first day that the Account Info page worked for me so I was getting a bit panicy about my pre-sale code email, which I never received, but they were there on my Account Info.

Maybe in the follwoing week, all will be revealed. The dates still aren't lsited on the http://www.u2.com/tour/index/ page yet.

[quote name='Sarah Desiree wrote:

happyme']
eek.gif
 does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

http://www.u2.com/help/ <<< pre-sale frequently asked questions

you get 4 tickets per code.  Sometimes you have to use all 4 for one show (Europe) or 4 you can use to buy tickets to more than one show (North America).  Rules for Australia have not been announced. In your account info (look up top of this page on the right hand side and click on "account info") or your email where your code has been sent to you, it should tell you your category.  You will probably get a new e-mail from U2.Com soon listing the tour dates, the pre-sale dates and your available codes for use.

additional shows are usually announced soon after the first show goes on sale or right around that time.

Thanks very much for that at least this pre-sale is more organized the one for powderfinger tix was terribale,but one more question when you say you can get 4 tix per code do you get a nother code when you use all the tix so that you can buy just 2 more fore the second gig

My guess would be no, I think Australian sales would be run in a similar manner to European sales.

So if they announce a 2nd shows you could either battle it out with the general public or maybe take out a second subscription using a different name and email address and thus get another pre-sales code.

US$50 well spent in my opinion - others might disagree ?

thanks Bigwave, was just about to send you PM :)

NOW all they need to do is sort out either a new group and or no presale/new group issue for the newbie subscribers :D

i agree that those joining up now because dates have been announced should not be in the Magnificent group. the tour will probably end next year so there's no harm having a 5th level

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

aussiegirl']I think the fact there are 4 groups already is ridiculous and where should it stop? The pre sale could go for 2 weeks............. "ok, pre sale group 71 Out of Control, your turn"......lol.......

Personally I think if you weren't a subscriber by the time of the official announcement, you shouldnt be able to get a pre sale code..........that's my opinion of course
:)

yep agree with you there! no new group and/or presale codes for those subscribing post tour announcement mad.gif sounds fair to me too! oi Admin! pass it on ta very much smile.gif on behalf of the MAGNIFICENT group glasses.gif

Yes, I agree and that group is called MAGNIFICENT which is the group of people that subscribed POST U2360 Announcement, ANY leg. Those that subscribed PREtour announcement are in the BOOTS category. The levels are by TOUR not legs

I don't mind being in a 5th Group though I am just worried that I might have failed to fall into a priority group (N/a) because my email address was not verified when I subscribed as a paid member. If everyone else who just signed up is getting N/a, then I am cool with that. As long as there is a time window where I can use my presale codes before it it goes on sale to the public I'll be happy.

Slightly annoyed that I have ended up in the boots group. Been a paid up member for years but my subscription lapsed for about a month when there was an issue with the site sending out incorrect messages about when the subscription expired. Better than nothing I guess but still...

If someones just signed up as a paid member a few hours ago, have you been assigned a priority group? If so, I might have to sign-up as a paid member again.

what will the last group entitle you to? could you possibly get in the circle or near the circle area?

The priority groups ONLY entitle you for the OPPORTUNITY to try and obtain tickets ahead of the public sale.  Tickets ARE NOT guaranteed as venues with high demand tend to sell out in certain ticket categories.

In order to be in the circle, you need to line up as it is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED but for the first show in the US I showed up at 5 pm and got into the circle but was not in the front.

what will the last group entitle you to? could you possibly get in the circle or near the circle area?

Any GA ticket will allow you to get into the circle or near the circle area. It's a first come first served system. The subscriber groups only allow you to purchase tickets before they go on general sale.

Once the ticket is in hand there are no differences between any of the groups or general sale.

Edit: oops I was a bit slow on the reply button there, sorry Baja wink.gif

So does that mean that you remain in the same group forever or say after this tour is over will they merge the first two groups and then boots becomes second and magnificent third and then when a new tour is announced a new group.

It'd be nice to know how many are in each group broken down by country ie so it would be idicative of how many people are potential buyers of tickets for a specific concert.

Do all pre-sales holders get tickets if they want them ? Or are the numbers of tickets limited and could be sold out before people further down the chain even get a chance ?

I'm thinking the former because there were rumours doing the round that the first Sydney concert last time was pretty much sold out from the start to pre-sales of U2.COM, then ANZ Stadium Members, then booking agencies, then radio stations and promoters and all their groupies and hanger-oners, then sponsors before finally turning the dregs over to the general public.

And someone I know who won promo tickets through a radio station said there were heaps of empty seats around him in the reserved more expensive seats that were empty promo ones. That sux.

If someones just signed up as a paid member a few hours ago, have you been assigned a priority group? If so, I might have to sign-up as a paid member again.

ALL PRE-SALE CODE INFO IS ON YOUR ACCOUNT INFO (point to top right of page) page so you do NOT need the email.

This includes your code and your priority group. If you subscribed ANY time past the U2360 tour announcement (early March 2009) , you are in the fourth group which is called Magnificent

Priority groups are broken down by seniority NOT location, but most people have used their codes

Yes, high demand venues tend to sell out your pre-sale code DOES NOT guarantee tickets, only an opportunity/chance to buy them ahead of the public sale

It'd be nice to know how many are in each group broken down by country ie so it would be indicative of how many people are potential buyers of tickets for a specific concert.

Nice indeed but no chance roll.gif

Besides, it would not help. You could be Dutch and going to the Belgian, French or German concerts so the information would be of no use.

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

Megamaneo']

ALL PRE-SALE CODE INFO IS ON YOUR ACCOUNT INFO (point to top right of page) page so you do NOT need the email.

This includes your code and your priority group. If you subscribed ANY time past the U2360 tour announcement (early March 2009) , you are in the fourth group which is called Magnificent

From my understanding Megamaneo's says N/A so that is why he is concerned.

Maybe the've cut it off. (EDIT: The pre-sales code that is.)

I know this has probably been answered but I am still confused. In my account info I have 2 presale codes available, does that mean I can by 4 tickets x 2. Say 4 tix for Sydney and then another 4 tix for one of the other shows? So I can use both codes for this Oz Tour?

Thanks in advance.

Priority groups are broken down by seniority NOT location, but most people have used their codes

Yes, high demand venues tend to sell out your pre-sale code DOES NOT guarantee tickets, only an opportunity/chance to buy them ahead of the public sale

Yeah I figured that about the seniority, that's scary about the no guarantee, part of the reason I joined U2.COM to be honest.

Hopefully I'll have a good chance for Sydney. frown.gif

I know this has probably been answered but I am still confused. In my account info I have 2 presale codes available, does that mean I can by 4 tickets x 2. Say 4 tix for Sydney and then another 4 tix for one of the other shows? So I can use both codes for this Oz Tour?

Thanks in advance.

Wow lucky you, I hope you can!

Your Presale Access Code(s):

1. This code has been used. eyes.gif

2. This code has been used. eyes.gif

General sale for me if I decide to go (or more to the point if my bank manager allows me to go lol)

Thanks in advance.

When did you join and how long have you being maintaining your subscription ?

I have been a member forever but sadly had a 6 month break, renewed before 360 tour announcement, so according to my profile I'm in the Breathe group. I have 2 pre-sale codes one from the original tour announcement and then another one I got when I renewed early for the bonus CD.

Cheers

Angela

Thanks in advance.

YES