Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Someone asked about RedZone tickets 3 pages back... AU$350

Extortionate for mine but then some people like em...

nope - according to Baja's recent post its going to be AUCTION and NOT included in the presales

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

bluehammer']Someone asked about
RedZone tickets
3 pages back... AU$350

Extortionate for mine but then some people like em...

nope - according to Baja's recent post its going to be AUCTION and NOT included in the presales

In addition ALL RED ZONE proceeds are donated by the band to charity. Proceeds not just profits

for those trying to renew today for second presale code, this might explain why not:

from FAQs -

The opportunity to extend a subscription for a further 12 months and receive a second presale access code only applies to those who were already paid-up Subscribers before April 17th 2009 when the 2009 ticketing presales ended).

Is it recommended that I sign up to get presale tickets? Also, how soon should I subscribe for it? Will I get my code straight away once I do?
yes, now and as soon as the charge goes through

remember, pre-sale code is for OPPORTUNITY to buy tickets, it is NOT a guarantee

it all should be clearer very soon, advice is keep checking back for official announcements and if you are not a paid member, but definitely want to have the best opportunity to buy Oz & NZ tickets before they go on sale to the public, then the sooner you take out a subscription, the better the chance you have at securing.

As Baja has pointed out its not possible to guarantee anything, but past few Presales have shown that Paid Members have, in the main been able to get tickets.

GA usually sell out first, so its always good to have a backup plan in case you miss out on your primary chosen seating / standing choice.

well it certainly explains why I get an error when attempting to renew, as I subscribed 10 May 2009; hence after the tour announcement (17 April 2009) ... and thus in the MAGNIFICENT group. 

hope that helps clarifies it somewhat for everyone smokin.gif

As Baja has pointed out its not possible to guarantee anything, but past few Presales have shown that Paid Members have, in the main been able to get tickets.

I understand there needs to be some kind of official disclaimer by you Mods and the Site Admins, but has that actually happened? I can't recall any venue selling out before general release.

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

bigwave']As Baja has pointed out its not possible to guarantee anything, but past few Presales have shown that Paid Members have, in the main been able to get tickets.

I understand there needs to be some kind of official disclaimer by you Mods and the Site Admins, but has that actually happened? I can't recall any venue selling out before general release.

Yup, Toronto, Dublin and NYC tickets flew out the window. Most members want the Dub's show, and the others had incredibly high demand. It happens

I'm assuming NZ will be the same but are presale tickets only able to be purchased online?? Or can you get them via phone as well?

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

bigwave']As Baja has pointed out its not possible to guarantee anything, but past few Presales have shown that Paid Members have, in the main been able to get tickets.

Yup, Toronto, Dublin and NYC tickets flew out the window. Most members want the Dub's show, and the others had incredibly high demand. It happens

Wow, I never realised that. Amazing really for Dublin as there were three shows and only one set of codes for Members (so not possible to buy 8 tickets). Even more surprising considering the amount of tickets available in Dublin that weekend selling under face value.

Any word on Red Zone Aussie prices? I assume the auction system won't be happening in Oz.

scroll up a few posts - it is AUCTION and NOT in presales!

Can I use ONE code to buy 2 tickets for Sydney and 2 tickets for Melbourne?

Is it only Australian members who have access to presale in Australia?? Or can overseas members get them as well??
Any Member with an access code (world wide)

for those trying to renew today for second presale code, this might explain why not:

from FAQs -

The opportunity to extend a subscription for a further 12 months and receive a second presale access code only applies to those who were already paid-up Subscribers before April 17th 2009 when the 2009 ticketing presales ended).

Apologies if this question has been asked before. Just trying to get answers and have not heard back from Customer Services .I am a Boots subscriber (paid up before April 17th 2009) and used my presale access code to purchase tickets for the concert in London last year (2009 access code). I have now moved to Oz and have resubscribed yesterday after finding out about the Oz concerts.. In My Account Info it says that I have used my presale access code. I find this confusing. Will I not get an presale access code for the 2010 concerts despite renewing my subscription? It will be annoying if this is the case as new subscribers are getting presale access codes for 2010. If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it. 

Where is the info on RED ZONE auction?

I can't see any as of yet (by that I mean official) but I'm sure we'll be given all the info on the Red Zone in due course and ahead of the pre-sales.

Yo yo U2 fans. Just joined up today in the hope that the presale might give me the best chance of getting some tickets for Auckland. I know its 4th in line for noobs, but still...

AND we get JAY Z............woo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY time!!!!!!!!!!

Cool yes, just seen it in the news section! That's mental happy.gif

So when does the redzone auction start - after the subscriber presale ??????

If so that's a difficult choice - to "guarantee" good tickets or bid for great tickets...........

(edit - i know there is no guarantee)