Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

The way I read it and as it's been happening. If you are in the Horizon, you get a chance at pre sale the morning of the pre sale start, say 11am, then say 2 hours later the next group have a go and so on.

At the moment, we need to wait for the email to confirm how to order pre sale tickets, last time they supplied a link for your city. Fingers crossed this arrives soon as Thursday is not that far away.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

one_bad_lemon']thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned
:)

can't wait for the tour!
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thing is you're in Magnificent and have been a member since 2009, I joined in June this year and a member of Magnificent and Matthewaniea whio posted a just above my last post joined 2 days ago and is also in Magnificent and has 2 pre-sales codes.

So....who is going to be in the cedars group ?

Maybe all the people who join up once the first pre-sale starts ?

yes I know hence my gripe tongue.gif I would say you both were lucky you got in before the announcement of the OZ tour or presale announcement (?) So, I would think its newbies subscribers from hereon that will be in CEDAR

The way I read it and as it's been happening. If you are in the Horizon, you get a chance at pre sale the morning of the pre sale start, say 11am, then say 2 hours later the group have a go and so on.

At the moment, we need to wait for the email to confirm how to order pre sale tickets, last time they supplied a link for your city. Fingers crossed this arrives soon as Thursday is not that far away.

agree, that's the most likely, based on other presales and thus less 'stress' on the servers too!

and its good they created the new group CEDAR to also be fair to Magnificent group :)
I'd love to know when the cutoff was for Cedar. Joined yesterday, and there was no mention of Cedar then. So perhaps I just made the cut for Magnificent?

I'm sure all will be revealed prior to Thursday.

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

dgeremia']The way I read it and as it's been happening.
If you are in the Horizon, you get a chance at pre sale the morning of the pre sale start, say 11am, then say 2 hours later the group have a go and so on.

agree, that's the most likely, based on other presales and thus less 'stress' on the servers too!

I wouldn't count my chickens, it's not looking like that. Seems to me, two groups, two pre-sale time zones. You are right to point out though that it's pointless speculating until all this is explained in more detail.

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

bsd1'] (I'm lucky enough to be in the Horizon group 
tongue.gif
, you won't see me complaining). 

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

If this is to believed, I think I will see you complaining lol.

Right now I'm just believing that is a broad statement missing the details...no point turning into the Hulk until we have all the details (it would rather defeat the purpose of the tiered groups if all the older members get lumped together).

Happy until proven otherwise happy.gif

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

one_bad_lemon']thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned

can't wait for the tour!
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thing is you're in Magnificent and have been a member since 2009, I joined in June this year and a member of Magnificent and Matthewaniea whio posted a just above my last post joined 2 days ago and is also in Magnificent and has 2 pre-sales codes.

So....who is going to be in the cedars group ?

Maybe all the people who join up once the first pre-sale starts ?

yes I know hence my gripe tongue.gif I would say you both were lucky you got in before the announcement of the OZ tour or presale announcement (?) So, I would think its newbies subscribers from hereon that will be in CEDAR

Well yes I did subscribe when the rumour came out in June. So it looks like it paid off...although I can understand you feeling ripped off after being a member for so much longer.

Anyway to be honest I'm more desparate to get tickets so that my 6 1/2 year old can go after I denied him 4 years ago and promised I'd take him if they ever came out again.

I've done the all weekend camp out in 1989 to get 2nd row seats at the Ent Cent. Paid the big bucks through Visa Preffered to get A-Reserve seats that were pretty average. Now at the age of 43 and after attending 9 Sydney concerts already for me it's about the music and atmosphere and not so much about being in the best seat.

Anyway to be honest I'm more desparate to get tickets so that my 6 1/2 year old can go after I denied him 4 years ago and promised I'd take him if they ever came out again.

You're having a laugh?

2 1/2 year old kid: "Let me in the sound!"

Parents: "No, I'll let you go when you're 6 1/2"

roll.gif

yes agree, as long as I get a ticket is all that matters in end, as it sold out in record time for Vertigo here (I went to Sydney though as they didnt do Perth) so was lucky and ended up seeing all 3 Syd shows :) I didnt have presale option, had to go via Ticketmaster then

[quote name='bjc wrote:

one_bad_lemon']and its good they created the new group CEDAR to also be fair to Magnificent group 

I'd love to know when the cutoff was for Cedar. Joined yesterday, and there was no mention of Cedar then. So perhaps I just made the cut for Magnificent?

Ditto.  It seems Cedar has only come about since the website has been changed, the Duals CD etc.  I suspect everyone from here on in is Cedar and we just snuk in 

'scuse my ignorance, but how do I find out what group I'm in?  Yes, I am one of those souls who has joined in order to get the pre-sales!  Please don't hate me!  I live in Darwin, so oppoprtunities for entertainment such as this is very far and few between.

Nniixx']

Anyway to be honest I'm more desparate to get tickets so that
my 6 1/2 year old can go after I denied him 4 years ago
and promised I'd take him if they ever came out again.

You're having a laugh?

2 1/2 year old kid: "Let me in the sound!"

Parents: "No, I'll let you go when you're 6 1/2"

roll.gif

The older one was 6 when I bought tickets. When he was at pre-school (3-4) and kids would get up and sing Twinkle Twinkle or Mary had a little lamb, he would sing Stuck in a Moment and Elevation.

I promised him I would take him to a U2 concert next time they came out and after failing to get tickets to the first show, slept out overnight from around 9pm at my closest ticket seller.

Because the concerts were postponed because of Edge's daughters illness, he was just truned 7 by the time we went.

In the lead up to the day the little one would wander around the house singing "Uoooooooo2oooooooo Conceeeeeeerrrrrrttttt" at the top of his lungs.

The night my eldest and I went to leave the little one said "I'm getting ready too" and when I told him he wasn't coming he burst into tears. I tried to explain but my wife just told me to go.

Apparently he sobbed for about an hour.

I then promised him that if they ever came out he'd definately be going.

When I found out on Sunday and told him his eyes lit up like you would not believe.

So it's definately about making sure he gets there this time around as I made a promise.

'scuse my ignorance, but how do I find out what group I'm in?  Yes, I am one of those souls who has joined in order to get the pre-sales!  Please don't hate me!  I live in Darwin, so oppoprtunities for entertainment such as this is very far and few between.

Go http://www.u2.com/service/profile/ and on upper the left hand side it should have something like:

Your subscription is set to expire on : DD Month Year

* Login Name: name

* Display Name (Your Community Name) : Name

* Email Confirmed: Yes

Priority Access Group: Group Name

Your Presale Access Code(s):

1. Code 1

2. Code 2

Thanks very much.  I found that page, but my group is listed as N/A!  and no codes, although I confirmed my e-mail.

What the??  I might try on my home computer instead....

Cheers

Thanks very much.  I found that page, but my group is listed as N/A!  and no codes, although I confirmed my e-mail.

Cheers

Maybe the subscription payment needs to be confirmed first ?? You did take out the paid subscription didn't you ?

Finally!!!!!

I have waited 4 years for them to return to Australia and now the wait is over........

Ecstatic is only one word I could yuse to describe the feeling.

Love you boys see you very soon....GET ON UR BOOTS!!!!!!happy.gif

Yeah - just checked it again and found the code, but no group yet.  Yes, I paid the subscription.

One would assume I am in 'Cedar' given my newbie status.  Thanks for your help!wink.gif

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Squonk']Thanks very much.  I found that page, but my group is listed as N/A!  and no codes, although I confirmed my e-mail.

Cheers

Maybe the subscription payment needs to be confirmed first ?? You did take out the paid subscription didn't you ?

I would not worry about it at the moment, it's been happening to a good few people, I'm sure it will be sorted in due course. Don't forget they're changing the look of the site, preparing for the pre sales to Oz and NZ, creating a new Cedar group of Members, so they're probably fairly busy at the moment to update some things.

Nniixx wrote:

Squonk']Thanks very much.  I found that page, but my group is listed as N/A!  and no codes, although I confirmed my e-mail.

Cheers

I would not worry about it at the moment, it's been happening to a good few people, I'm sure it will be sorted in due course. Don't forget they're changing the look of the site, preparing for the pre sales to Oz and NZ, creating a new Cedar group of Members, so they're probably fairly busy at the moment to update some things.

Cheers guys - I don't care if I'm in 'Cedar', just to be given an opportunity to get a pre-sale ticket is awesome.

if we have 2 presale codes, I realise thats 4 tix limit each code - hence totalling 8

can I use the same details/CC etc as these are under my own name I would assume so, however reading the fine print on ticketmaster it suggests 4 tix limit only and warns of cancellations if exceeded

or do I use different CC or something? confusing, just checking in case they want to add an answer to that in the presales FAQs too :)

if we have 2 presale codes, I realise thats 4 tix limit each code - hence totalling 8

can I use the same details/CC etc as these are under my own name I would assume so, however reading the fine print on ticketmaster it suggests 4 tix limit only and warns of cancellations if exceeded

or do I use different CC or something? confusing, just checking in case they want to add an answer to that in the presales FAQs too :)

Good pick up, i might need to use my CC for one lot and my wife's for the other lot and use separate ticketek accounts too. We have one of those each although I'm not quite sure why ?

P.S. The 4 ticket limit is a good thing too. Back in 1989 when I queued all weekend, I was second in the queue and there were 3 kids altogether in front of me who we worked out were working for a scalper. They were getting paid $50 each and he was bringing them food and drinks. The limit then was 10 tickets per person and they were all supposed to be buying 10 each and according to these boys he had 3 kids at every tiekct outlet in Sydney. After a few run ins with the guy when he came around we basically told him that on this queue only 1 kid was going to buy 10 tickets and that was it because what he was doing was illegal and unfair. He tried to argue that we couldn't stop him and we suggested we could get the police involved, he backed down straight away. I ended up with second row seats at the Entertainment Centre

I guess that the same guy could now have 20 memberships to U2.com at $50 a pop and hence get 20 x 2 x 4 (or 160) tickets but that's still way less than 400 tickets if people could buy 10 each.

Copied from the website

U2.COM SUBSCRIBER TICKET PRESALE

Tour Dates announced for Australia and New Zealand: U2360° will visit Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and include U2's first Perth date since Popmart in 1998. Tickets for the performances in Australia and New Zealand will go on sale Friday, September 3rd at all usual outlets. U2.com subscribers will be able to buy tickets ahead of the public on-sale.

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

More information on these dates here. More information on the subscription offer and the new CD 'U2:Duals' here.

NB - The FAQs will be updated shortly.

OMGOMG l am sooo excited... cant wait... Am a Horizon member - still cant find when and where to get the tix.. grrrr

Here's a question, lets say for some reason you are in group 1 and fail to buy tickets by Mon 12 noon, can you still do so in the time slot for the second group ?

Just curious more than anything else.

Does anyone know the pricing levels. I've seen GA at $99, reserved seating from $99 and a max ticket price of $350, anyone got details of price breaks and what types of seats these relate too? Also anyone know how much red zone tickets are?