Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='tul wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

tul']i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

All tickets are only available through them so it does not mean much.

sorry but i dont quite get what you mean. could you clarify please?

Your pre-sale code will direct you to the ticketmaster site who are the only people selling the tickets (I'm excluding radio stations and the likes). So that's what I mean that all tickets are only available through them (GA, seats and Red Zone) so at this time it's impossible to know if the Red Zone tickets will be available or not during the pre-sale.

Hope that's clear (?)

Turn up. Have a few beers. Dance, sing and a have the time of your life.

Pretty. Feckin. Simple.

This.

can't see the seating layout in nz yet either but did notice that the red zones are on either side of the stage on the outside of the walkway. So who are the people in the very inner circle and how do you get there?

can't see the seating layout in nz yet either but did notice that the red zones are on either side of the stage on the outside of the walkway. So who are the people in the very inner circle and how do you get there?

GA tickets, first come first served.

Thanks for that. I am hoping to bring my 11 year old, so the GA is a no no really for her sake. Don't know whether to go for best/most expensive seats or the red zone. I grew up with U2 but this will be my first time seeing them live. Any advice?

hey guys - does anyone know if the $99 tickets will get you into the circle right up the front - am assuming we just queue for a while?????  can't wait to see them again - sooo happy they coming back to oz.

I agree dont complain about the price of tix i think that its cheep to be able to see u2 for the prices they are offering i pair $98 to see powderfinger & their no where near u2s leage.

That said my stupid question is do we come here for pre sale tix or tic web site

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

tul wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

tul']i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

All tickets are only available through them so it does not mean much.

sorry but i dont quite get what you mean. could you clarify please?

Your pre-sale code will direct you to the ticketmaster site who are the only people selling the tickets (I'm excluding radio stations and the likes). So that's what I mean that all tickets are only available through them (GA, seats and Red Zone) so at this time it's impossible to know if the Red Zone tickets will be available or not during the pre-sale.

Hope that's clear (?)

I can't remember where it was posted but apparently red zone is being sold via auction and will not be available in presale.

Thanks for that. I am hoping to bring my 11 year old, so the GA is a no no really for her sake. Don't know whether to go for best/most expensive seats or the red zone. I grew up with U2 but this will be my first time seeing them live. Any advice?
I was at the Vegas show and  was 2nd row on the outer circle and in front of me, on the rail,  was a mum/dad and 2 boys that were no more than 10yrs.. We were on Edges side closer to the foot of the claw.. we werent squished or being pushed even when the guys walk on the outer circle... GA is possible. just get there early so you can get to the front of the outer rail.. Australia may differ but I walked in probably about 30mins or so after the gates opened and was able to get that position on the side.

I have just subscribed to u2.com - had let my membership lapse.  I have recieved my presale code, but beside where it says  "Priority Access Group" it has N/A.  What does this mean?

Also, I go to the Tiketek site to buy the tickets and enter the presale code when requested?  Or do I go to u2.com to buy the tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Not long til presales for the Auckland concert open and no email with info and link yet. Has anyone else got their email?

Hi mate.

Consider the seats behind the stage in the lower teir.

My wife and I saw 2 shows from this section and the view and sound were absolutely brilliant.

The band does face the other way for a lot of the time, but it's a bit of a trade off for being so close.

Also these seats are as close as the A reserve but are substantially cheaper.

And the boys do make a point of turning around and engaging the "behind" section many times throughout the show.

As with any big rock show and taking the kids - no matter how well behaved 90% of the crowd are, there always be those few pissed dickheads with their shirts off, or that dude who sparks up a huge doob when the show starts.

Anyway, goodluck!!

Hi mate.

Consider the seats behind the stage in the lower teir.

My wife and I saw 2 shows from this section and the view and sound were absolutely brilliant.

The band does face the other way for a lot of the time, but it's a bit of a trade off for being so close.

Also these seats are as close as the A reserve but are substantially cheaper.

And the boys do make a point of turning around and engaging the "behind" section many times throughout the show.

As with any big rock show and taking the kids - no matter how well behaved 90% of the crowd are, there always be those few pissed dickheads with their shirts off, or that dude who sparks up a huge doob when the show starts.

Anyway, goodluck!!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Nniixx']"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

It's not like they're suddenly moved closer to the stage or something.

And with a 6/12 year old GAand queing all day is really not an option.

Lucky I get paid well although I still don't think I can justify $299 a pop.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

Tickets to Zoo TV Sydney were $70 for every seat, and that was 1993.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

That's fine. Each to their own.

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

And chances are you'll find me happily flipping off the bitchers and moaners.happy.gif

Well all i can say is I'm glad your obviously such a confident b@$t@rd because you're an arrogant prat whose full of  himself.

I bought tickets to Popmart through visa preferred because at the time I had a gold visa (boast boast) and they offered me A-Reserve tickets, I remember initially they offere me some for about $225 and then suddenly they had an option to upgarde to $275 tickets which I jumped at. Possibly Visa Preferred were whacking a big fee on top. Maybe my memory of 17 years ago is fading but I guess it's your word against mine unless one of us proves the other wrong.

As for your bragging about seeing both New Jersey shows and being able to get to the front of the crowd - woop de doo, what a big man, I'm so jealous. I've been there at the first two shows in 1989 front row both shows. I queued all weekend second in the queue for those tickets and queued overnight for the last tour.

Where I'm coming from is that i have 2 boys 11 and 6 1/2 and a pregnant wife so my priorities are a bit more about seats than hanging with Mick the tosser and his bunch of deadbeat mates in GA (possibly because your too scabby to actually pay for a decent seat or the redzone), but also the prices for stadium seats are not in line with the Vertigo tour as they are in the majority 50% more and dropping $1200 is a lot more than you and your mates only having to drop $99.90 plus whatever it costs you in beer.

Not long til presales for the Auckland concert open and no email with info and link yet. Has anyone else got their email?
Come on it's 7.50pm in Sydney which would make it 9.50pm in NZ. The pre-sale is at 11.00am on Thursday that's 36+ hours away.

there always be those few pissed dickheads with their shirts off, or that dude who sparks up a huge doob when the show starts.

That would be you I gather ?

lmao........Baja and BW - I feel sorry for you - how many times can the same Q's be asked??........read the FAQ's people :)

lmao........Baja and BW - I feel sorry for you - how many times can the same Q's be asked??........read the FAQ's people :)

That's true especially now they have been updated at last.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nniixx']"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

And chances are you'll find me happily flipping off the bitchers and moaners.
happy.gif

Well all i can say is I'm glad your obviously such a confident b@$t@rd because you're an arrogant prat whose full of  himself.

I bought tickets to Popmart through visa preferred because at the time I had a gold visa (boast boast) and they offered me A-Reserve tickets, I remember initially they offere me some for about $225 and then suddenly they had an option to upgarde to $275 tickets which I jumped at. Possibly Visa Preferred were whacking a big fee on top. Maybe my memory of 17 years ago is fading but I guess it's your word against mine unless one of us proves the other wrong.

As for your bragging about seeing both New Jersey shows and being able to get to the front of the crowd - woop de doo, what a big man, I'm so jealous. I've been there at the first two shows in 1989 front row both shows. I queued all weekend second in the queue for those tickets and queued overnight for the last tour.

Where I'm coming from is that i have 2 boys 11 and 6 1/2 and a pregnant wife so my priorities are a bit more about seats than hanging with Mick the tosser and his bunch of deadbeat mates in GA (possibly because your too scabby to actually pay for a decent seat or the redzone), but also the prices for stadium seats are not in line with the Vertigo tour as they are in the majority 50% more and dropping $1200 is a lot more than you and your mates only having to drop $99.90 plus whatever it costs you in beer.

All good mate.

No wukkas, I'm a deadbeat tosser.

But what I'm not, is a person who is complaining about irrelevant bullshit, and expecting some sort of prize for taking kids.

Anyways, I'll still be the guy whose having a ball with whatever seats I have, and who is enjoying the company of other cool Zootopians.

You'll be the grumpy fucker whose complaining about the hot dogs being six bucks and how they haven't played Pride yet.

mick james wrote:

Bollocks? Oh Really??

happy.gif

All good mate.

But what I'm not, is a person who is complaining about irrelevant bullshit, and expecting some sort of prize for taking kids.

Anyways, I'll still be the guy whose having a ball with whatever seats I have, and who is enjoying the company of other cool Zootopians.

You'll be the grumpy fucker whose complaining about the hot dogs being six bucks and how they haven't played Pride yet.

[quote name='kgb wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

Bajagirl']

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining
tongue.gif
tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts.
wink.gif
Hope this helps

It does help, thank you. 
smile.gif

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but it looks like there ISN'T a staggered sale this time around. From the updated official FAQ:

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before
[/font]
 Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU
[/font]

[/font]
have access on Day 1 of the presale,
[/font]
Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August

Yes but the next question has the following note:

"Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in.Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in."

Which seems to imply there will be different times for each group

I took that as future relevant sales after the Aus/NZ one I think long time subscribers are going to be fuming when that email is received because there was also a mention of a different process being used to North America and Europe.

mick james']

there always be those few pissed dickheads with their shirts off, or that dude who sparks up a huge doob when the show starts.

Again mate,

At least I'll have a nice buzz going, while you're complaining to an usher that one of the stage legs is obscuring your veiw.

Seriously, cheer the feck up.

Do you need a hug or something?

mick james']

Again mate,

At least I'll have a nice buzz going, while you're complaining to an usher that one of the stage legs is obscuring your veiw.

Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Bollocks? Oh Really??

happy.gif

All good mate.

A the end of the day I will probably but the $300 tickets because I can and I always stay away from the food at ANZ because it tastes like shit and the beer is watered down piss.

And no I won't be missing Pride - I've never liked that song despite it's appeal to the mass populous of "cool Zootopians"

Nniixx wrote:

mick james']

Again mate,

No hug required, thanks for the offer though.roll.gif