Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nniixx']"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

It's not like they're suddenly moved closer to the stage or something.

And with a 6/12 year old GAand queing all day is really not an option.

Lucky I get paid well although I still don't think I can justify $299 a pop.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

Tickets to Zoo TV Sydney were $70 for every seat, and that was 1993.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

That's fine. Each to their own.

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

And chances are you'll find me happily flipping off the bitchers and moaners.
happy.gif

Well all i can say is I'm glad your obviously such a confident b@$t@rd because you're an arrogant prat whose full of  himself.

I bought tickets to Popmart through visa preferred because at the time I had a gold visa (boast boast) and they offered me A-Reserve tickets, I remember initially they offere me some for about $225 and then suddenly they had an option to upgarde to $275 tickets which I jumped at. Possibly Visa Preferred were whacking a big fee on top. Maybe my memory of 17 years ago is fading but I guess it's your word against mine unless one of us proves the other wrong.

As for your bragging about seeing both New Jersey shows and being able to get to the front of the crowd - woop de doo, what a big man, I'm so jealous. I've been there at the first two shows in 1989 front row both shows. I queued all weekend second in the queue for those tickets and queued overnight for the last tour.

Where I'm coming from is that i have 2 boys 11 and 6 1/2 and a pregnant wife so my priorities are a bit more about seats than hanging with Mick the tosser and his bunch of deadbeat mates in GA (possibly because your too scabby to actually pay for a decent seat or the redzone), but also the prices for stadium seats are not in line with the Vertigo tour as they are in the majority 50% more and dropping $1200 is a lot more than you and your mates only having to drop $99.90 plus whatever it costs you in beer.

All good mate.

No wukkas, I'm a deadbeat tosser.

But what I'm not, is a person who is complaining about irrelevant bullshit, and expecting some sort of prize for taking kids.

Anyways, I'll still be the guy whose having a ball with whatever seats I have, and who is enjoying the company of other cool Zootopians.

You'll be the grumpy fucker whose complaining about the hot dogs being six bucks and how they haven't played Pride yet.

A the end of the day I will probably but the $300 tickets because I can and I always stay away from the food at ANZ because it tastes like shit and the beer is watered down piss.

And no I won't be missing Pride - I've never liked that song despite it's appeal to the mass populous of "cool Zootopians"

Nice to see that money doesn'y buy hapiness peeps!!!

Look at this dude, he can buy the expensive tix if he wants, but he still is a miserable douche-bag.

Dang, it's true what all those hippies told you when you were kids!!

mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nniixx']"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

happy.gif

Well all i can say is I'm glad your obviously such a confident b@$t@rd because you're an arrogant prat whose full of  himself.

I bought tickets to Popmart through visa preferred because at the time I had a gold visa (boast boast) and they offered me A-Reserve tickets, I remember initially they offere me some for about $225 and then suddenly they had an option to upgarde to $275 tickets which I jumped at. Possibly Visa Preferred were whacking a big fee on top. Maybe my memory of 17 years ago is fading but I guess it's your word against mine unless one of us proves the other wrong.

As for your bragging about seeing both New Jersey shows and being able to get to the front of the crowd - woop de doo, what a big man, I'm so jealous. I've been there at the first two shows in 1989 front row both shows. I queued all weekend second in the queue for those tickets and queued overnight for the last tour.

Where I'm coming from is that i have 2 boys 11 and 6 1/2 and a pregnant wife so my priorities are a bit more about seats than hanging with Mick the tosser and his bunch of deadbeat mates in GA (possibly because your too scabby to actually pay for a decent seat or the redzone), but also the prices for stadium seats are not in line with the Vertigo tour as they are in the majority 50% more and dropping $1200 is a lot more than you and your mates only having to drop $99.90 plus whatever it costs you in beer.

All good mate.

But what I'm not, is a person who is complaining about irrelevant bullshit, and expecting some sort of prize for taking kids.

Anyways, I'll still be the guy whose having a ball with whatever seats I have, and who is enjoying the company of other cool Zootopians.

You'll be the grumpy fucker whose complaining about the hot dogs being six bucks and how they haven't played Pride yet.

A the end of the day I will probably but the $300 tickets because I can and I always stay away from the food at ANZ because it tastes like shit and the beer is watered down piss.

And no I won't be missing Pride - I've never liked that song despite it's appeal to the mass populous of "cool Zootopians"

Look at this dude, he can buy the expensive tix if he wants, but he still is a miserable douche-bag.

Beside my priority access group I have N/A I can't find mention of a level anywhere.  How do I know what level and what presale I am eligible for? At this stage, with no level assigned, should I give Thursday's presale a shot?  What do you think?

Lemonhead wrote:

tul wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

tul wrote:i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

All tickets are only available through them so it does not mean much.

sorry but i dont quite get what you mean. could you clarify please?

Your pre-sale code will direct you to the ticketmaster site who are the only people selling the tickets (I'm excluding radio stations and the likes). So that's what I mean that all tickets are only available through them (GA, seats and Red Zone) so at this time it's impossible to know if the Red Zone tickets will be available or not during the pre-sale.

Hope that's clear (?)

yes that clarifies things, thank you so much.

To Voxare:

Thats what i read too at some european venues, but i guess we wont know for sure until there is an official announcement or until pre-sales day. fingers crossed that they are available during pre-sale. either way i cant wait to see the guys for the first time. its all so exciting!!!

I already have my presale code.  How is it going to direct me to the Ticketek site?  Am I expecting another email? 

I will be a bit gutted the presales aren't tiered and I don't get tickets, figured being a long time member in the horizon group it would almost be a given.

Don't think this question has been asked, but I saw in the FAQ that the presale link will also be on the tour page (if for some reason I don't get my email) - is that this page: http://www.u2.com/tour/presale ?

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

mick james wrote:

Bollocks? Oh Really??

happy.gif

All good mate.

A the end of the day I will probably but the $300 tickets
because I can
and I always stay away from the food at ANZ because it tastes like shit and the beer is watered down piss.

It's got feck (as you put it) all to do with money buying happiness it's all about providing the everyday working class person the chance to sit in the best seat at a U2 concert and this clearly is not.

Back in the day when i was front row of the Love Town Tour, tickets cost $40 bucks no matter where in the Entertainment Centre you sat there was no paying extra to get the floor seats or front row you just had to put in the waiting hours in a queue all bloody weekend.

You could have been a lawyer, a tradie, a student, unemployed for that matter. If you were willing to wait all weekend in a queue you could have been at the front of it and got a decent seat for a decent price.

What this does is clearly says if you've got money you can get the best and if you haven't well we'll give you a cheap seat but its at the other end of the stadium or up in the heavens, so good luck with that.

I'd rather the seats be say flat rate $150 each and then it's first in best dressed.

Currently it's everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

Looks like George Orwell had a point - snort.

I am so confused, I have no idea what is going on and I've read the whole thread!

1) I have a presale code, but no tier allocation eg cedar so how would I find this out?

2) If its half an hour before the presale time eg 1pm Monday 30th do I log onto the ticketec site or u2.com?

Help me, please!

I've been reading through this thread in the last few days and it absolutely amazes me how many people can't be bothered doing their research before posting a question!! All of my questions have been answered by just reading the FAQs and through other posts.

I have absolute faith that all will be revealed over the next 24 hours or so and we'll all be ready to go come presale time. happy.gif 

My advice would be to sit tight and see what is revealed over the next 24 hours. Imagine how many people have signed up to get pre-sale tickets! If it's not crystal clear this time tomorrow I'd be getting concerned...

There's still plenty of time. wink.gif

I am so confused, I have no idea what is going on and I've read the whole thread!

1) I have a presale code, but no tier allocation eg cedar so how would I find this out?

2) If its half an hour before the presale time eg 1pm Monday 30th do I log onto the ticketec site or u2.com?

Help me, please!

My advice would be to sit tight and see what is revealed over the next 24 hours. Imagine how many people have signed up to get pre-sale tickets! If it's not crystal clear this time tomorrow I'd be getting concerned...

[quote name='Holz_t wrote:

melissa87']I am so confused, I have no idea what is going on and I've read the whole thread!

Help me, please!

If it's not crystal clear this time in say 36 hours, I would be especially panicky.

Also if you wanted to buy tickets to a NZ concert but live in Aus then you should log in at the NZ ticket site at 9.00am AEST or if your in Perth even earlier ?

At least 11.00am is a decent time, I won't be freaking out stuck on a bus or train trying to get to work.

I got an email from Live Nation about the pre-sale.

Desperately opened it to see if ti was the details.

It basically said there was one on and said

subscribers will be emailed this week with details of presale timings

Duh frown.gif

Holz_t wrote:

melissa87']I am so confused, I have no idea what is going on and I've read the whole thread!

Help me, please!

There's still plenty of time. 
wink.gif

If it's not crystal clear this time in say 36 hours, I would be especially panicky.

Also if you wanted to buy tickets to a NZ concert but live in Aus then you should log in at the NZ ticket site at 9.00am AEST or if your in Perth even earlier ?

At least 11.00am is a decent time, I won't be freaking out stuck on a bus or train trying to get to work.

11am is awful for me! Lucky I've got a plan for when things get busy and I can't get away. Almost worth having a 'sick' day for! laugh.gif

[quote name='Holz_t wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

Holz_t wrote:

Help me, please!

There's still plenty of time. 
wink.gif

11am is awful for me! Lucky I've got a plan for when things get busy and I can't get away. Almost worth having a 'sick' day for! laugh.gifOr going in late at lunch time.

I am going on a school camp and will have no internet access until Friday late afternoon. If I am eliglble for the presale on Thursday, I have to make alternative arrangements, hence the fact I am quite stresed.

Thanks to those who have replied and helped me out. Has anyone else got a presale code and no allocation eg cedar?

melissa - you will get an email, probably tomorrow which will confirm which category you are in, from u2.com.

I have an old code from last year which has been used, and another code (unused) that starts with 2. So if I renew now, I suppose I should get a new code starting with 3....right?

Hi guys,

I have been having sleepless nights about not getting tickets for the Sydney shows. I have just subscribed to u2.com so PRESUME I come under the cedar ranking. I have not been emailed an access code but have one when I sign in under one of the tabs. Does anyone really know how this actually works? I feel like a complete FOOL!

Thanks,

Kate.

Yes, I am feeling exactly the same way. I get the impression no one really knows anything. I am in exactly the same boat as you, as you can see by my repeated asking of the same questions!