Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

heres how it works people....your code is on the tours/presale page when you log in...write it down!

You will get an email from u2.com, probably tomorrow saying which category you are in and what time your pre sale starts.

There is likely to be a link in that email that directs you to either Ticketmaster or Ticketek....make sure you have already set up your TM or TK account in advance!

You put in your code, pick your tickets and click through til you get confirmation - easy. If memory serves, there will also be a link to buy in the pre sale home page when you log in..... once the pre sale is under way.

Fantastic! This is going to be huge - we've waited so long, but the wait is worth it! Hope they add extras shows too :^)

Aussiegirl - you're a bonafide legend, don't let anybody tell you any different!

A big kiss and lots of love sent your way!

Aussiegirl - you're a bonafide legend, don't let anybody tell you any different!

shouldnt that be BONOfied roll.gif no worries hun.

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

melissa87']Aussiegirl - you're a bonafide legend, don't let anybody tell you any different!

roll.gif

So stupid, yet I'm laughing so hard!laugh.gif

melissa87']Aussiegirl - you're a bonafide legend, don't let anybody tell you any different!

roll.gif

So stupid, yet I'm laughing so hard!laugh.gif

My code, which I received today, starts with a 3. So I suppose the answer is YES

Hm, it's just that I have renewed and still don't have a new code yet. So maybe I'm only allowed to have 2 codes even if just one of them is used. I think Baja's post is a bit confusing, cause it says that if you have used 2 old codes, you won't get a new one. But what if you only used 1...?

[quote name='roll.gifCassie wrote:

melissa87']My code, which I received today, starts with a 3. So I suppose the answer is YES

Hm, it's just that I have renewed and still don't have a new code yet. So maybe I'm only allowed to have 2 codes even if just one of them is used. I think Baja's post is a bit confusing, cause it says that if you have used 2 old codes, you won't get a new one. But what if you only used 1...? Cassie, ask AG. She's a BONOfied legend that Girlroll.gif

Hello all. Im also new here, and abit stressed. So anyway ive got a few questions and i hope sum1 can answer them for me.

I need sum1 to clarify this for me please?........

"As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus".

SORRY IF I SOUND DUMB BUT THIS CONFUSES ME ABIT. DOES THIS MEAN I CAN ONLY BUY 4 TICKETS 'PER SHOW" OR 4 TICKETS "PER SUBSCRIPTION'?

IN OTHER WORDS IF I WANTED TO BUY 4 TICKETS FOR THE SYDNEY SHOW, AND 4 TICKETS FOR THE MELBOURNE SHOW, COULD I DO THIS?

ALSO..

IF MORE SHOWS ARE ANNOUNCED, WILL THEY B ANNOUNCED STRAIGHT AFTER THE 1ST SHOW SELLS OUT OR WILL THEY BE ANNOUNCED LATER SO MEMBERS GET A CHANCE AT ANOTHER PRE SALE?

AND 1 MORE QUESTION....

ARE THE PRE SALES LIMITED TO SELL A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TICKETS OR IS THERE NO LIMIT? I AM A NEW MEMBER SO I WILL B IN THE CEDAR PRE SALE (THE LAST PRE SALE). IT LASTS FOR 2 DAYS AND I DO NOT WANT TO GET ON THERE 1 HOUR AFTER IT STARTS TO FIND THERE ARE NO PRE SALE SEATS LEFT. DOES ANYBODY UNDERSTAND MY CONCERN?

THANK YOU FOR READING AND I HOPE SUM1 CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.

[quote name='sal71 wrote:

Jedi77']I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well
:)
Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home
:)

I saw the Rose Bowl show last year.. My seats were face on to the stage but up the back.. Pretty much similar to your seats... It was great.. The show its self is awesome and you get to see the whole light show and how the stage works etc... 

And to the people whinging about $$$.. Be lucky that U2 give you the option of seeing them for under $100... Most bands of their popularity do not! Unless you are like me and others and need to be down the front, you will see a friggin awesome show regardless of what you pay and where you sit!

Ok, thanks for the info :) Really looking forward to the show!! I'm also hoping for a second show so my mate and I can experience GA again :) Nothing like being right up the front with only a few arm lengths away from Bono and the boys :)

Let's try tht again, shall we??!!OK - please don't shoot me.  Have just spent 2 hours reading through all this stuff and I am fairly clear on it now but I do have one question ... in the presale FAQ page it says this ...

Q - If I miss the presale for the show of my choice am I able to use my unique U2.com ticket access code for that show?

A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com.

If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts.

Does this mean that there are going to be presales for any extra concert dates?  From memory, with Vertigo, we just went through the normal public sale for additional dates ... but is that because we only had one code at the time?  I now have 2 codes, one starting with a U and one starting with a 2.  Does that mean I should buy 8 tix for Sydney (4 with each code) or should I buy 4 for Sydney 1st concert and then wait to see if there is an additional date for which I can use my second presale code?  Does that make sense?

And does it matter what order I use my codes in???

Thankyou (ducks head)bored.gif

Let's try tht again, shall we??!!OK - please don't shoot me.  Have just spent 2 hours reading through all this stuff and I am fairly clear on it now but I do have one question ... in the presale FAQ page it says this ...

Q - If I miss the presale for the show of my choice am I able to use my unique U2.com ticket access code for that show?

A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com.

If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts.

Does this mean that there are going to be presales for any extra concert dates?  From memory, with Vertigo, we just went through the normal public sale for additional dates ... but is that because we only had one code at the time?  I now have 2 codes, one starting with a U and one starting with a 2.  Does that mean I should buy 8 tix for Sydney (4 with each code) or should I buy 4 for Sydney 1st concert and then wait to see if there is an additional date for which I can use my second presale code?  Does that make sense?

SORRY IF I SOUND DUMB BUT THIS CONFUSES ME ABIT. DOES THIS MEAN I CAN ONLY BUY 4 TICKETS 'PER SHOW" OR 4 TICKETS "PER SUBSCRIPTION'?

IN OTHER WORDS IF I WANTED TO BUY 4 TICKETS FOR THE SYDNEY SHOW, AND 4 TICKETS FOR THE MELBOURNE SHOW, COULD I DO THIS?

for this bit the answer is that you can buy 4 (or less) tickets to 1 and only 1 show.

So if you buy 4 tickets (or less) to the Sydney show, that will mark your pre-sale code as used. You can not then use it for any more Aust / NZ shows.

The third question about ticket limits for presales is something I alluded to much earlier in this thread and one of the admins replied that having a pre-sales code did ot guarantee tickets.

However that response may have applied to North American and European concerts where the demand is higher ?

I actually heard a rumour that the first sydney concert for the Vertigo tour was all but sold out to pre-sales before going to general public which makes me think that what the admin stated is wrong ?

Guess we'll have to wit and see.

you can only buy 4 tix with each code.....When they release the extra shows, I would expect there to be another round of pre sales (not 100% tho) so if you have a 2nd code, you can use that to get another 4 tix to another show....it wont matter which code you use first. 

But you will only be able to use both codes for the same show if you have 2 different Ticketmaster or Ticketek accounts ie you can not buy more than 4 tickets under the one account in the pre sale. 

Could mean anything, pre-sales to a second concert or pre-sales to the next tour ?

I guess it's up to you to decide if you want to buy 8 and spread them among friends and family, or hang on to a pre-sales code on the off chance they'll do a second concert or if you decide to fly overseas and see them over there somewhere for a new tour ?

But you will only be able to use both codes for the same show if you have 2 different Ticketmaster or Ticketek accounts ie you can not buy more than 4 tickets under the one account in the pre sale. 

Really ? Even if you do it as 2 different transactions ?

And what about the fact that the Ticketek site states the limit is 8 tickets ?

Is that so you can 2 x 4 as separate trans ?

11am is very inconvenient for me. 

Could I please request that my presale start at 11:26am, as that allows me time for a nice mug of milo prior to settling in for a spot of ticket buying. 

pip pip cheerio. 

Constantly wondering why people lose their minds over stuff they have no control over...

yes because this is the pre sale, not the general sale.........pre sale is 4 tix per show, general sale to the public is 8 tix.

Q: Can you buy 4 tickets of differening level eg 2 x $299 and 2 x $39.90

11am is very inconvenient for me. 

Could I please request that my presale start at 11:26am, as that allows me time for a nice mug of milo prior to settling in for a spot of ticket buying. 

pip pip cheerio. 

Constantly wondering why people lose their minds over stuff they have no control over...
Yes request granted and we'll fight for lower ticket prices for the masses too.

As Flava Flav and Chuck D used to say "Fight The Power".

Saw PE supported by Ice-T at the Hordern crushed up against the front fence - yeahh boyzzzz

yes because this is the pre sale, not the general sale.........pre sale is 4 tix per show, general sale to the public is 8 tix.
So I'm going to have to use my second Ticketek account and my wife's CC (which is linked to mine) ?

Q: Can you buy 4 tickets of differening level eg 2 x $299 and 2 x $39.90
Not sure - ive only ever bought GA......

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

aussiegirl']yes because this is the pre sale, not the general sale.........pre sale is 4 tix per show, general sale to the public is 8 tix.

So I'm going to have to use my second Ticketek account and my wife's CC (which is linked to mine) ?

ya...just make sure diff name and cc number

Nniixx']Q: Can you buy 4 tickets of differening level eg 2 x $299 and 2 x $39.90

Not sure - ive only ever bought GA......

Hmm was just curious because 4 will be for my wife, 2 boys and me and we'll all be the same, but the other 4 are likely to split between my brother and his wife and then a mate of my eldest son and his dad (the mate not my son).

I'm not sure the latter 4 will all want the same level.

Nniixx wrote:

aussiegirl']yes because this is the pre sale, not the general sale.........pre sale is 4 tix per show, general sale to the public is 8 tix.

ya...just make sure diff name and cc number

Yes and yes. The things we do to get around these things.