Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

From the other thread:

Bajagirl wrote: If your group says N/A this means you are a CEDAR.

THANK YOU! This information clarifies everything!

Not sure if anyone else agrees, but as a Horizon member does not seem right that I will have the same opportunity at tickets as a person who may have signed up 2 weeks ago? Surely those who have been paid up for several years should get a better crack at tickets?

Not sure if anyone else agrees, but as a Horizon member does not seem right that I will have the same opportunity at tickets as a person who may have signed up 2 weeks ago? Surely those who have been paid up for several years should get a better crack at tickets?

You have first chance...presale for next group won't start at same time as presale for horizon..how it's always been done.

I assume that it is 11AM Sydney time...so 9AM Perth time??
All the pre-sales start at 11am local time, so 11am in Sydney, 11am in Perth, 11am in New Zealand etc.

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

Alexander']Not sure if anyone else agrees, but as a Horizon member does not seem right that I will have the same opportunity at tickets as a person who may have signed up 2 weeks ago? Surely those who have been paid up for several years should get a better crack at tickets?

You have first chance...presale for next group won't start at same time as presale for horizon..how it's always been done.I understand your concern but the way I read it and the fact that the page that shows the TBC for pre-sales only shows 2 groups makes me think there will only be two groups.

It clearly states in the FAQ that sale will be done differently to North US and Europe so don't be counting on "how it's always been done".

Maybe they can't get Ticketek to do staggered sales ??

I recently subscribeD upon hearing about the upcoming U2 Australian tour.

I received my official welcome e-mail at 5:56 P.M on Monday August 23rd, I'm 100% sure that in my'Account info' I was listed as belonging to the 'Magnificent' group.

Now upon going back into my account info, my group says I'm N/A?

I'm not sure what group subscriber group I'm in.

Help?

Cheers!

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

sbarry']I assume that it is 11AM Sydney time...so 9AM Perth time??

All the pre-sales start at 11am local time, so 11am in Sydney, 11am in Perth, 11am in New Zealand etc.

But if you want to buy tickets to the Sydney show and live in Perth then at 9.00am Perth time you would need to login in to Sydney ticketek or 7.00am Perth time to NZ Ticketmaster for the NZ show.

I received my official welcome e-mail at 5:56 P.M on Monday August 23rd, I'm 100% sure that in my'Account info' I was listed as belonging to the 'Magnificent' group.

Help?

Cheers!

The FAQ (http://www.u2.com/help/index/#2) says:

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU have access on Day 1 of the presale, Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August. 

Which would put you in the Cedar group.

Help?

Cheers!

I did notice at one stage that the FAQ talked about a cut off of 8.00pm on August 23nd for Australia but later noticed it was changed to 8.00pm on August 22nd so maybe they cut off to the night of Sunday as it was release in the newspapers on Sunday ?

I now have to work the night of December 1 (Etihad).mad.gif I'm hoping there will be another presale for a second concert in melbourne.  I reckon there will be, although I always think the first concert on sale is often the best with the real die-hard keen fans. But.... there are tech hiccups sometimes with an opening night and a second concert gives the band a chance to loosen up on the first night.  At least that's my spin on it!ohwell.gif If anyone hears of a second gig, please post.

I mean if ACDC can sell out three shows at Etihad, there's got to be a chance for U2.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

sbarry']I assume that it is 11AM Sydney time...so 9AM Perth time??

But if you want to buy tickets to the Sydney show and live in Perth then at 9.00am Perth time you would need to login in to Sydney ticketek or 7.00am Perth time to NZ Ticketmaster for the NZ show.

That sounds right (I haven't checked the time differences).

Lumped in Cedar even though I subscribed before the FAQ was even up.

I have no problem having a few different levels of priority to reward people that have been here long term but to lump people who buy in good faith without even knowing what the deal is with people that wait for the FAQ or who will be subscribing on the morning of the sale seems like a massive scam.

Thanks for the reply!

Aah. Okay. This makes sense then.

As I was listed as Magnificent, I'd planned to keep my Macbook close by for tomorrows presale. But if I'm actually in the Cedar group then I won't have to worry about it until Monday.

Cheers.

Lumped in Cedar even though I subscribed before the FAQ was even up.

I have no problem having a few different levels of priority to reward people that have been here long term but to lump people who buy in good faith without even knowing what the deal is with people that wait for the FAQ or who will be subscribing on the morning of the sale seems like a massive scam.

Could have been worse, they could have just cut it off and you'd be lumped with the general public !!!

I now have to work the night of December 1 (Etihad).mad.gif I'm hoping there will be another presale for a second concert in melbourne.  I reckon there will be, although I always think the first concert on sale is often the best with the real die-hard keen fans. But.... there are tech hiccups sometimes with an opening night and a second concert gives the band a chance to loosen up on the first night.  At least that's my spin on it!ohwell.gif If anyone hears of a second gig, please post.

I mean if ACDC can sell out three shows at Etihad, there's got to be a chance for U2.

Technical difficulties, mate I was the infamous Sydney show where Adam didn't play because he'd been on a huge bender. His guitar technician / understudy, Stuart Morgan, had to step in and play the bass. Hope he got a good pay that week.

http://www.u2tourfans.com/adam-biography/

http://u2-atomic-adam.tripod.com/stuart.html

securitron_ch']Lumped in Cedar even though I subscribed before the FAQ was even up.

Could have been worse, they could have just cut it off and you'd be lumped with the general public !!!

Is it the case that Horizon might buy all the tix though and I will be lumped in with the general public anyway or does Cedar get an actual allocation of further tickets?

Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

[quote name='securitron_ch wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

securitron_ch']Lumped in Cedar even though I subscribed before the FAQ was even up.

Is it the case that Horizon might buy all the tix though and I will be lumped in with the general public anyway or does Cedar get an actual allocation of further tickets?

I don't know the answer to that question. One of the mods previously stated that having a code is no guarantee of getting a ticket, but I don't know if that means that the pre-sales allocation is limited or the venue sells out ?

They reckon theres going to be 90,000 capacity for ANZ you'd seriously hope that at least 30,000 would be alocated for pre-sales, more maybe ?

Maybe the lot, after all anything not sold in pre-sales is turned over to the GP anyway.

Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I seems by looking around the website that "Red Zone" tickets are sold via auction.

For Syd/Bris/Melb does anyone know the answers to these questions?

*When and where are the auctions held?
*Is it before or after pre-sales?
*How much would one expect to pay for a ticket?

Sorry if its been answered elsewhere. happy.gif

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I've done RZ at the Rose Bowl.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...EUrope RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.

I seems by looking around the website that "Red Zone" tickets are sold via auction.

For Syd/Bris/Melb does anyone know the answers to these questions?

*When and where are the auctions held?
*Is it before or after pre-sales?
*How much would one expect to pay for a ticket?

Sorry if its been answered elsewhere. happy.gif

OMG...how on earth could it be BEFORE the presales, as they start tomorrow?? And if you go to the ticket sites it clearly states ticket prices...

securitron_ch wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

I don't know the answer to that question. One of the mods previously stated that having a code is no guarantee of getting a ticket, but I don't know if that means that the pre-sales allocation is limited or the venue sells out ?

They reckon theres going to be 90,000 capacity for ANZ you'd seriously hope that at least 30,000 would be alocated for pre-sales, more maybe ?

Maybe the lot, after all anything not sold in pre-sales is turned over to the GP anyway.

Will be interesting to see. If the Cedar allocation is fine then no harm no foul but I would feel mightily dudded if I pay the subscription and don't end up with a couple of tickets.

After struggling through the lottery that was trying to log on to get a ticket in the general public sale for their last tour (successfully thank god) I figured the subscription was worth it so I hope they prove me right.