Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I've done RZ at the Rose Bowl.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...Europe RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.Here is where the auction info comes from: http://community.u2.com/topic/18469

Specifically "RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

As the Ticketek and Ticketmaster sites are saying the price will be $349.50 its all a bit confusing. Maybe auction above means set price auction, first in best dressed (which isn't really an auction but hey, I'm going for the middle ground). eyes.gif

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...EUrope RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.

Hey Steelerfan,

How did u find it? would you pay that much again? or have you?

Is RZ worth the money???  are you any closer than GA getting in there early??? 

OMG...how on earth could it be BEFORE the presales, as they start tomorrow?? And if you go to the ticket sites it clearly states ticket prices...

Hey Steelerfan,

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post :)

I found some confusion as TM says they're the only ones selling them, however there's a post on this forum that says:

"

RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

So its not actually an auction at all ?

[quote name='GrahamC66 wrote:

Steelerfan']

OMG...how on earth could it be BEFORE the presales, as they start tomorrow?? And if you go to the ticket sites it clearly states ticket prices...

Hey Steelerfan,

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post :)

I found some confusion as TM says they're the only ones selling them, however there's a post on this forum that says:

"RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

So its not actually an auction at all ?

That's one of the unclear questions at the moment, it may be that the word auction is used in the wrong context, I don't know. 

Anyway, Welcome! tongue.gif Hopefully we'll all have answers before the pre-sale tomorrow.

Is RZ worth the money???  are you any closer than GA getting in there early??? 

Can't speak for this tour but at the last one in Australia the inner circle tickets looked like they would have been worth the cash if you had it.

That's one of the unclear questions at the moment, it may be that the word auction is used in the wrong context, I don't know. 

Anyway, Welcome! tongue.gif Hopefully we'll all have answers before the pre-sale tomorrow.

Yeah,  I would bid like hell on a stick at an auction.

Problem with waiting till TM releases the tickets is that you could well miss out in some server lockup and then you've missed pre-sales and general release.

Could a MOD please answer this question. ( I have read through the whole thread and looked at the FAQ):

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PRESALE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CONCERT IF ANNOUNCED AT THE SAME VENUE.

FAQ's quoted" If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts."

The above answer just says you can use your unused code at another presale. However if there is a second concert announced for Auckland will there be a presale for ticket sales or will we have to purchase at the public sale? For Vertigo there was no presale for the second concert - is this going to be the same for 360?

I have the opportunity to get another code if I renew early however I only want to do this if I know whether there will be a presale for a second concert.

Thanks in advance.

l am sooooooo excited... bring on the ticket sales - wouldnt have a clue where or when !!! LOL

[quote name='gj_u2 wrote:

Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...EUrope RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.

Hey Steelerfan,

How did u find it? would you pay that much again? or have you?

For me, RZ was the best choice at that show..they f'd up the GA line big time at the Rose Bowl and we lined up around noon and were the #3/4 in our RZ 2 section. When we went in I ran to the corner of the rail...not stressful at all....but it cost me $245 USD per ticket then..one of the more expensive RZ auctions in the US...they started at $150 USD..the reason I'm pretty sure these aren't going to be auctioned is they are listed at a really high price..if it were acution it would start low to suck people in to bid...

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

josieb']
Let's try tht again, shall we??!!OK - please don't shoot me.  Have just spent 2 hours reading through all this stuff and I am fairly clear on it now but I do have one question ... in the presale FAQ page it says this ...

A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com.

If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts.

Does this mean that there are going to be presales for any extra concert dates?  From memory, with Vertigo, we just went through the normal public sale for additional dates ... but is that because we only had one code at the time?  I now have 2 codes, one starting with a U and one starting with a 2.  Does that mean I should buy 8 tix for Sydney (4 with each code) or should I buy 4 for Sydney 1st concert and then wait to see if there is an additional date for which I can use my second presale code?  Does that make sense?

And does it matter what order I use my codes in???

Thankyou (ducks head)
bored.gif

you can only buy 4 tix with each code.....When they release the extra shows, I would expect there to be another round of pre sales (not 100% tho) so if you have a 2nd code, you can use that to get another 4 tix to another show....it wont matter which code you use first. 

But you will only be able to use both codes for the same show if you have 2 different Ticketmaster or Ticketek accounts ie you can not buy more than 4 tickets under the one account in the pre sale. 

Thanks Aussiegirl.

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

josieb']
Let's try tht again, shall we??!!OK - please don't shoot me.  Have just spent 2 hours reading through all this stuff and I am fairly clear on it now but I do have one question ... in the presale FAQ page it says this ...

A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com.

If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts.

Does this mean that there are going to be presales for any extra concert dates?  From memory, with Vertigo, we just went through the normal public sale for additional dates ... but is that because we only had one code at the time?  I now have 2 codes, one starting with a U and one starting with a 2.  Does that mean I should buy 8 tix for Sydney (4 with each code) or should I buy 4 for Sydney 1st concert and then wait to see if there is an additional date for which I can use my second presale code?  Does that make sense?

And does it matter what order I use my codes in???

Thankyou (ducks head)
bored.gif

you can only buy 4 tix with each code.....When they release the extra shows, I would expect there to be another round of pre sales (not 100% tho) so if you have a 2nd code, you can use that to get another 4 tix to another show....it wont matter which code you use first. 

But you will only be able to use both codes for the same show if you have 2 different Ticketmaster or Ticketek accounts ie you can not buy more than 4 tickets under the one account in the pre sale. 

Thanks Aussiegirl.

Could a MOD please answer this question. ( I have read through the whole thread and looked at the FAQ):

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PRESALE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CONCERT IF ANNOUNCED AT THE SAME VENUE.

FAQ's quoted" If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts."

The above answer just says you can use your unused code at another presale. However if there is a second concert announced for Auckland will there be a presale for ticket sales or will we have to purchase at the public sale? For Vertigo there was no presale for the second concert - is this going to be the same for 360?

I have the opportunity to get another code if I renew early however I only want to do this if I know whether there will be a presale for a second concert.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wendy.  I'm not a MOD but I have just posted, thanking Aussiegirl for her answer to my same question (you'll see it quoted above).  I seem to remember there not being presales for any additional dates.  After all, when would they have the time to organise another presale?  I would think that the additional dates would go on sale within the next day or so after a first date selling out.  I don't think I am going to sit on my 2nd code in the hope of a 2nd presale.  I will probably just be using it for Syd 1 and Melb 1.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wendy.  I'm not a MOD but I have just posted, thanking Aussiegirl for her answer to my same question (you'll see it quoted above).  I seem to remember there not being presales for any additional dates.  After all, when would they have the time to organise another presale?  I would think that the additional dates would go on sale within the next day or so after a first date selling out.  I don't think I am going to sit on my 2nd code in the hope of a 2nd presale.  I will probably just be using it for Syd 1 and Melb 1.

Ok this is getting ridiculous now, we have 19 hours till the supposed presale start time, no email, no links, conflicting info in FAQ's and from mods re whether there will be staggering within the first group and if so what the time frames are for this and ticketek nz are adamant they are not handling the presales and that seating charts wont be released till sept 3 (just spoke to them on ph), plus there are new site issues. Seriously people, sort it out!!

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but do you have to be a paid subscriber to be eligible for the presales?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone buying on pre-sale tomorrow. I know there will be lots of peeps, like me, not sleeping tonight, but I am hopeful we will all get something.

I am just so thrilled they are coming back. Last tour in 2006, I was 6 months preggers (and we camped out from Wednesday for the first Friday Sydney show - GA), so I am very happy that I am not pregnant this tour!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in a couple of months!

:-)

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but do you have to be a paid subscriber to be eligible for the presales?

Thanks in advance!

That's an easy one, yes.

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

markeyesworld']Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

That's an easy one, yes.

Thanks for the quick reply mate, and thanks for not getting annoyed about answering that question hehe!  Now, to upgrade or not to upgrade?  Hmm....

Re: not having yet received the pre-sale email. I've looked at the emails I've received for past pre-sales and they all seem to arrive less than 24 hours before the time of the sale itself. I presume this is partly to prevent people from spreading the link around. I'm expecting to receive the email tonight sometime.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone buying on pre-sale tomorrow. I know there will be lots of peeps, like me, not sleeping tonight, but I am hopeful we will all get something.

I am just so thrilled they are coming back. Last tour in 2006, I was 6 months preggers (and we camped out from Wednesday for the first Friday Sydney show - GA), so I am very happy that I am not pregnant this tour!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in a couple of months!

I think I remember you, I was wondering if you remember getting a visit by two Police man the day before the concert in Sydney. 

Lucky for technology, I am waiting for this email.....What a sleepness night.

Nope, no police visits for me so it must have been another pregant lady! Gosh, I wonder what the police wanted then? I am intrigued. I went to all three in Sydney in 2006 and no cops were talking to me alas....

[quote name='josieb wrote:

wendynz
']Could a MOD please answer this question. ( I have read through the whole thread and looked at the FAQ):

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wendy.  I'm not a MOD but I have just posted, thanking Aussiegirl for her answer to my same question (you'll see it quoted above).  I seem to remember there not being presales for any additional dates.  After all, when would they have the time to organise another presale?  I would think that the additional dates would go on sale within the next day or so after a first date selling out.  I don't think I am going to sit on my 2nd code in the hope of a 2nd presale.  I will probably just be using it for Syd 1 and Melb 1.Hi Josie  Yes I saw Aussiegirls post however she said she wasn't sure what was going to happen. Unfortunately I don't have another NZ city to use an extra presale code for and I don't think my hubby will be impressed if I went to Oz given we both saw U2 in Milano last year. You are probably wise to use both codes for the 1st shows. I will probably leave off renewing early at this stage and see what happens.

Nope, no police visits for me so it must have been another pregant lady! Gosh, I wonder what the police wanted then? I am intrigued. I went to all three in Sydney in 2006 and no cops were talking to me alas....

I was the Policeman, there where a few main entrances by memory, we stayed for a little while and chatted to the people lined up, we played a trick on them and told them they had to move, I guess if it was you, you would remember that....lol