Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Well still haven't got an email and Ticketek doesn't know anything about a presale only that the public sale will be on the 3 Sept. When I asked about a seating plan thay said we would have to wait to the 3rd. U2.com is leaving it very late - I just checked my email about the milano concert and we received it the day before the presale so there is still time.

Very excited about this concert - missed out last time they came to New Zealand - we had tickets for the March 18th concert that was postponed and had to give our ticket to our friend when it was on the 25th Novembe as our little boy was born 4 days before hand (ceasar so couldn't travel) My friend rung me from the concert and sent me photos but definately not the same as actualy going there - so this time we wanna go (and no baby in the making so all good:-)

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

gj_u2 wrote:

Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I've done RZ at the Rose Bowl.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...EUrope RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.

Hey Steelerfan,

How did u find it? would you pay that much again? or have you?

For me, RZ was the best choice at that show..they f'd up the GA line big time at the Rose Bowl and we lined up around noon and were the #3/4 in our RZ 2 section. When we went in I ran to the corner of the rail...not stressful at all....but it cost me $245 USD per ticket then..one of the more expensive RZ auctions in the US...they started at $150 USD..the reason I'm pretty sure these aren't going to be auctioned is they are listed at a really high price..if it were acution it would start low to suck people in to bid...

No auction for RZ tix in Aus.  Prices for all tix on Ticketek website - RZ = $349.50 each...!!  I'm sure that they'll be worth every cent.

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

More information on these dates here. More information on the subscription offer and the new CD 'U2:Duals' here.

Please read the updated FAQs.

question - do I have to be a 'paid' member to get presale tickets?
Yes. Just take the time to read the FAQs. 

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

question - do I have to be a 'paid' member to get presale tickets?
A little grumpy this time (the exact same question and the answer are on the previous page, did you look at all?)...

A: Yes. indifferent.gif

Do you have to be a paid up member to access the pre-sales?

(sorry couldn't resist!)

Links for pages for tomorrow now on the oz/nz presale site. Doesn't look like staggering for group 1. if this isn't the case (ie there will be staggering) could a mod PLEASE let us know.

Do you have to be a paid up member to access the pre-sales?

(sorry couldn't resist!)

http://phoenix.fanster.com/files/2010/02/satan.jpgYOU MUST PAY -HA HA HA HA!!!

Links for pages for tomorrow now on the oz/nz presale site. Doesn't look like staggering for group 1. if this isn't the case (ie there will be staggering) could a mod PLEASE let us know.
http://www.u2.com/tour/presale

From the NZ link:

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts : Thu 26 Aug, 11am
Pre-sale ends* : Mon 30 Aug, noon
General public on sale : Fri 3 Sep, 9am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service. 
A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.
*Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.
On sale times are quoted in local time.

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member

New questions for the Mods:

1, So no staggered sale then (as expected by some of us)?
2, So Red Zone tickets aren't being auctioned as they're listed on the pre-sale page? 
3, It says there is a limit of 4 tickets per member, if we buy eight tickets using two codes are Ticketek going to revoke the tickets?

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Lemonhead']Do you have to be a paid up member to access the pre-sales?

(sorry couldn't resist!)

http://phoenix.fanster.com/files/2010/02/satan.jpgYOU MUST PAY -HA HA HA HA!!!

eek.gif

Ticketek NZ link up show Red Zone ticket @ $349 for Fan Zone! Also Good so see that we pay the same in NZ$ as AU$. Also states clearly that limit is 4 tickets per city per member.... while that could be read as 4 for Auckland, then 4 for Sydney I think from the FAQ this would require multiple codes.

And still no venue map for Mt Smart. It is a small ground so would be great to know how big the stage is for U2! Not sure about the temporary stand they are building for behind the stage.

Is it 4 tickets per show if there are 2 Melbourne gis ?

can i get 4 for each one ?

I am a U2.com member since 2004,

I have 2 access codes.

is that also per code, i.e. member has 2 valid codes, thus 4(or less) tix allowed for each code to be used for 1 show/city only

OR

still can be used for same city, so in effect 2 separate transactions for same show/city per member if they have 2 presale codes ?

e.g. I have 8 family members to buy for PERTH and 2 valid codes, can I do this? I understand they need to be done separate transactions/codes at 4 tix each code/transaction

oooo, have just seen that the tours page has been updated - yay!!
It's all coming together! happy.gif 

is that also per code, i.e. member has 2 valid codes, thus 4(or less) tix allowed for each code to be used for 1 show/city only

OR

still can be used for same city, so in effect 2 separate transactions for same show/city per member if they have 2 presale codes ?

e.g. I have 8 family members to buy for PERTH and 2 valid codes, can I do this? I understand they need to be done separate transactions/codes at 4 tix each code/transaction

you can use 1 code for 4 tix - that's it. you can't reuse it for another city/show etc. 1 code = 4 tickets for the whole tour

[quote name='BigBunny wrote:

Mortifi']TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member

OR

you can use 1 code for 4 tix - that's it. you can't reuse it for another city/show etc. 1 code = 4 tickets for the whole tour

I think because the member has 2 valid codes, hence the question is whether they can use 2nd code for same city/show as that of the 1st code (not reusing 1st code)

I would hope so, as why bother providing 2 codes to members (?)

maybe it should read as -

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member presale access code