Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Hmm, trying to decide whther to have a crack at the red zone.....what does everyone think??

Hmm, trying to decide whther to have a crack at the red zone.....what does everyone think??

I'm trying to decide too. I'm worried red zone tickets might all go in group 1 presales though (I'm Cedar).

Does anyone know how many red zone tickets are available for Auckland?

don't think red zone will be available for the fanclub presale - so I've read - and its not indicating as 'fanclub' on the ticketing sites

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

BigBunny wrote:

Mortifi']TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member

is that also per code, i.e. member has 2 valid codes, thus 4(or less) tix allowed for each code to be used for 1 show/city only

OR

still can be used for same city, so in effect 2 separate transactions for same show/city per member if they have 2 presale codes ?

e.g. I have 8 family members to buy for PERTH and 2 valid codes, can I do this? I understand they need to be done separate transactions/codes at 4 tix each code/transaction

you can use 1 code for 4 tix
- that's it. you can't reuse it for another city/show etc. 1 code = 4 tickets for the whole tour

I think because the member has 2 valid codes, hence the question is whether they can use 2nd code for same city/show as that of the 1st code (not reusing 1st code)

I would hope so, as why bother providing 2 codes to members (?)

maybe it should read as -

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member presale access code

Well Im planning on trying that, 4 in 1 transaction using my cc and my ticketek account and then 3 in another transaction using my wife's CC and ticketek account ie 2 seperate trans.

Ticketek is advertising a limit of 8 tickets for the Sydney show.

That's for the General Public, not the presale. 2 different links

Ticketek is advertising a limit of 8 tickets for the Sydney show.

that is for the general sale - NOT for the pre sale  :)

LOL! there's an echo in here !

Aussiegirl you should be a MOD with all your answering to these questions!

It's about time they put up the seating chart for Perth. How are we gonna buy tix tmr if there's no chart?

I am a cedar as well.

The only thing I am worried about is, when it comes time for us to buy tickets, is that all the GA standing will be sold out for the presale allocation, only leaving seating left. I was standing at the last vertigo concert and couldn't imagine sitting down to watch.

Do you guys think the GA will be the first to go, or maybe the really good seats?

Cheers

I’m pacing the floor, oscillating between joy and fear. Ilove hearing those “when I was queuing back in’89†tales. Mysleeping-on-the-sidewalk stories only started with Vertigo in Auckland, but myfandom began earlier when the Zoo came to town  (although would you believe I missed out becauseI had a curfew and no way would my dear Mum budge, much less for a man in devilhorns who made prank calls?) My stomach is fluttering and I’m obsessivelychecking the email/forum/website. Trying to remind myself that uncertainty canbe a guiding light, but I’m sensing a loooong trek ahead before the finalthrilled relief/crushing disappointment… My question for you seasoned folks is:Is this normal pre-sales emotion?! I’m so excited/nervous I think I’m gonnapuke on my laptop! Are there any good remedies for this?!  (apart from listening to a lot of U2 justnow happy.gif)

So can anyone give me an answer.  Is the Red Zone going to be available for the presale?

Are we not getting the confirmation email as in previous years and pre sales.?????

It's 8:30pm 25/8/2010 in Sydney the night before......ohwell.gif

I’m pacing the floor, oscillating between joy and fear. Ilove hearing those “when I was queuing back in’89†tales. Mysleeping-on-the-sidewalk stories only started with Vertigo in Auckland, but myfandom began earlier when the Zoo came to town  (although would you believe I missed out becauseI had a curfew and no way would my dear Mum budge, much less for a man in devilhorns who made prank calls?) My stomach is fluttering and I’m obsessivelychecking the email/forum/website. Trying to remind myself that uncertainty canbe a guiding light, but I’m sensing a loooong trek ahead before the finalthrilled relief/crushing disappointment… My question for you seasoned folks is:Is this normal pre-sales emotion?! I’m so excited/nervous I think I’m gonnapuke on my laptop! Are there any good remedies for this?!  (apart from listening to a lot of U2 justnow happy.gif)

I know the feeling! I'm sooooo excited for the concert, but am so scared of missing out! Last time i missed out on the first concert, to which I thought the world had ended. Only for it to come back with the 2nd show being announced! I don't want that feeling to happen again!

I'm far too excited... I'm updating my facebook with countdowns to a simple ticket sale :s

Can't get my uni essays done as I'm listening to music, haven't been this excited since the last time they came...

Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

I'm just thinking that in just over 12 hours it'll all be over and then I won't have to stress until they release more dates in the cities and/or December itself.

Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

I'm just thinking that in just over 12 hours it'll all be over and then I won't have to stress until they release more dates in the cities and/or December itself.

You just took me down memory lane, I remember being lined up 1989, sleeping on the footpath in Broadway outside the old Grace Brothers building, waiting to get tickets. Then getting row 3 at the Entertainment Centre and standing next to Paul Mcguiness, gosh talk about memories, I was only 19. Now I am 40 and still doing the U2 thing. As all previous U2 concerts I am so so excited and I cant wait till tomorrow. 

U2.COM website seems to be having some problems at the moment, hoping they get fixed very soon.

[quote name='Holz_t wrote:

stubby']So can anyone give me an answer.  Is the Red Zone going to be available for the presale?

As far as I can tell - YES! Check out the link below for the NZ show...

THAT doesn't say yes.....RZ doesn't say it is available in presale...has never been in the past....and I've bought tix in US and Europe...if you go to the R hand column with all ticket prices RZ doesn't say FANCLUB Group A like the others do...

[quote name='dgeremia wrote:

lisaking']Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

You just took me down memory lane, I remember being lined up 1989, sleeping on the footpath in Broadway outside the old Grace Brothers building, waiting to get tickets. Then getting row 3 at the Entertainment Centre and standing next to Paul Mcguiness, gosh talk about memories, I was only 19. Now I am 40 and still doing the U2 thing. As all previous U2 concerts I am so so excited and I cant wait till tomorrow. 

U2.COM website seems to be having some problems at the moment, hoping they get fixed very soon.

well dgeremia I am sure our paths have crossed then as I spent many hours on the concrete outside Grace Bros in Sydney in winter1989. Those were the days. They did, what, 15 shows in Sydney or something like that! The last few were postponed due to a bomb scare if you recall and they had to come to Sydney again in November (after doing shows in September and October)

:-)