Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Ticketmaster site now splits the event into 2 groups, GA/RZ and Reserved seating. Still no seating plans though. 

is anyone eslse having issues with the link to ticketmaster (melb & perth dates) from the presale page? or am i the only "lucky" one? keeps telling me "sorry, this event is no longer on our database"......super!

This has been fixed - Baja

Thanks you guys for trying to provide all the answers possible. I'm just going to go to bed now and hope that when I wake up everything will be sorted. Good luck! :) 

I'm beginning to think its all under control, the links on the tour page to ticketmaster AUS dont work anymore which suggests to me that either their page is being updated or a new page is where its all going to be at. i must say i'm a bit anxious because im taking my very short wife who doesnt want to have her view blocked in GA, so im needing to buy seats in a good area and no seating plans for Subi yet.

oh well , assuming i get tix i'll just be grateful to be there, and i'll be happy as .....

yep, I got the same message from the ticketmaster site.

Time for bed I think as I am also hoping all will be fixed overnight ready for the onslaught tomorrow.

sweet dreams!

aah good to know! well not good, frustrating but at least i'm not alone smile.gif hopefully when i arise very early tomorrow ticketmaster will have it all sorted for us, seating plans and all!

aah good to know! well not good, frustrating but at least i'm not alone smile.gif hopefully when i arise very early tomorrow ticketmaster will have it all sorted for us, seating plans and all!

I called Ticketmaster this evening to ask about the presale, they said the following

- Red Zone are a ticket price level, there is no auction

- There would be a small amount of Red Zone tickets available in the presale

- If you buy regular tickets in the presale and then manage to get Red Zone tickets in the public sale, there is no way to swap the tickets or get a refund, but they can't do anything about you selling your presale tickets, they just don't endorse it.

I managed to sneak into the Magnificent presale group by registering on Sunday so I'll be going into work late and trying to get 4 Red Zone tickets in under 12 hours time smile.gif

I suppose it kind of beats the 'old days' of trying to get through on the phone - like Popmart 98...still got seats a few rows back from the front - lucky I guess!! Wish we would get the email through IF they are going to stagger the times - I'm a tradie and have to try and time it with an internet cafe visit!!

Out of interest - for all the Subiaco people, specifically GA, what time do you plan on arriving at venue? My last U2 gig was in Manchester 06 - I reckon we arrived about 2pm - got to front of stage easily....Only trouble is you'd want to (well me anyway!!) really let loose and have a few beers which just aint possible!! Now what are the seating plans again......!!! 

tongue.gifwink.gif

On the pre-sale page there's a list of FAQ's that address most of these ticket purchase questions.  Last line of text in the 'gold section' where they print your access code.  Can't wait for Brisbane! Woo hoo!

I called Ticketmaster this evening to ask about the presale, they said the following

- Red Zone are a ticket price level, there is no auction

- There would be a small amount of Red Zone tickets available in the presale

- If you buy regular tickets in the presale and then manage to get Red Zone tickets in the public sale, there is no way to swap the tickets or get a refund, but they can't do anything about you selling your presale tickets, they just don't endorse it.

I managed to sneak into the Magnificent presale group by registering on Sunday so I'll be going into work late and trying to get 4 Red Zone tickets in under 12 hours time smile.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifGood luck on your Red Zone!..worth every penny!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Good luck EVERYONE!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I am still unsure if a few things so please answer if you can.

I'm still confused about the 4 ticket limit. Is it 4 tickets for the WHOLE tour or 4 ticket limit PER SHOW? Per show

I am still worried about the presale limit. Is the pre sale limited to a certain amount or will they sell as many tickets

as they can for the members? I am a Cedar member and I'm worried that by the time I get a chance to buy there will be no more of the tickets I wanted left. Its a possibility, thats up to the promoter and venue

And it has been asked by others before but not answered clearly. If more shows are announced will there be a pre sale for them as well? Not likely

I'll be grateful to any1 who can clear my head with this.

Thank you. You are welcome -Baja

Ok, I have a question. Maybe you can help me out on this one.

I'm going to buy tickets (preferably GA) from overseas (europe) through the presale. (Was going to Australia anyways .... and then U2 coming by - that must be a sign :)). Do you have any idea how the tickets will be sent to me (it says they don't send regular mail overseas). I would prefer the e-mail-option but I'm not sure that's possible for a presale. Though I hope so.

Thanks ....

And I'm a longtime-member- but it always logs me out when I'm going from the sign-in-page to the community .... no matter which browser I use. argh

You may need to call ticketek or ticketmaster to find that out Nyreeds - it sounds like it would be dependent on their policy.

i have not received an email either - should we be worried.....i called the fan club yesterday and they advised to use the u2.com website - however, in the faq it says to use the usual vendors i.e. ticketek - when i called ticketek they advised to contact fan club......CONFUSED. 

And everytime i log on i get a different user name (Tammie/peeps04) there are also pages that are not found etc. aaarrrtgghhh...how secure is this site.

why do you need to receive an e-mail? I renewed my subsription a few hours ago and got the new code in my "account info". I never got the e-mails when I bought tickets in Europe (well, yes, but a few days after the presale). Just follow the link on the tour page - and it should work fine. It did for me at least last time around. (my name is not Nyreeds but Lemon Girl - it logs me out when I go to the community pages ... kind of messy with the new site )

Tammie, if you go to here http://www.u2.com/tour/presale there are links to the ticket vendors for the presale - so just click on the link 'tickets' under your presale group for the show. On the same page it will also show your presale code...just a hint, I've copied and pasted everything I need for the links, codes etc into a word file so if for some reason I can't get onto u2.com i've got it elsewhere :) hope that helps

I'm going to buy tickets (preferably GA) from overseas (europe) through the presale. (Was going to Australia anyways .... and then U2 coming by - that must be a sign :)). Do you have any idea how the tickets will be sent to me (it says they don't send regular mail overseas). I would prefer the e-mail-option but I'm not sure that's possible for a presale. Though I hope so.

Thanks ....

i am also buyin tix as i am headin home to melb in nov but i bought tix last yr in australia for london and cardiff shows and i chose the option of picking up at the venue i also had GA tix and the venue opened up early, so hopefully the venue will open early and u can pick ur tix up there

hope that helps

i know i don't need the email but it would have been nice to get one like they promised.

Thanks ....

i am also buyin tix from overseas in the uk and i bought tix from australia to the london and cardiff show last yr u can choose the option of picking ur tix up at the venue which is better. i am also hopin to get GA tix aswell or the other option u may be able to do is pick them up at a ticketmaster outlet b4 the show.

[quote name='pdsylva wrote:

nyreeds']Ok, I have a question. Maybe you can help me out on this one.

I'm going to buy tickets (preferably GA) from overseas (europe) through the presale. (Was going to Australia anyways .... and then U2 coming by - that must be a sign
:)
). Do you have any idea how the tickets will be sent to me (it says they don't send regular mail overseas). I would prefer the e-mail-option but I'm not sure that's possible for a presale. Though I hope so.

Thanks ....

i am also buyin tix from overseas in the uk and i bought tix from australia to the london and cardiff show last yr u can choose the option of picking ur tix up at the venue which is better. i am also hopin to get GA tix aswell or the other option u may be able to do is pick them up at a ticketmaster outlet b4 the show.

a little strange i posted this comment but it posted it under a diff name quite strange i am only quite new to threads and forums and such so it feels a bit strange. has anyone else been logged on as someone else here? woop woop 3 hrs till sale time